• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We did get to Jessie View Resort this past weekend to visit our friends but I don't have a fishing report for you! Sorry.... I did get to meet the owner of this resort though, Tim O., and he was a fun guy to chat with! Nice to meet you, Tim. Thanks for the can holders too. grin Oh and I got creamed in bocce ball not once but twice on Saturday! cry

what kind of a bobber is a bocce ball?????? lisa do you and your guide ever drive thru spring lake or head to the wirt area to fish?

Glenn, the pannies were biting real well this past weekend. Shallow water with old bullrushes held the fish. Caught many LM bass too. Just about every throw or cast---fish on!! Had a blast on Sunday with the windless morning. On a side note, the bugs are thick---biting gnats and mosquitos are vicious. The dog and I almost needed a blood transfusion when we got back. Don't forget the bug dope. Ticks were so-so. Stay out of the long grass and you'll be fine.

JLF, where is your brother-in-law's place? I have a place on litte Jessie---great lake. Once you get acclimated, you'll like big Jessie and it's surroundings. Like most lakes, fishing on Jessie has had it's ups and downs. I would suggest getting a lake map to help with the education of the lakes structure.

thanks for the info woollman99. so you have place on little jessie, i was on there once years back with my parents. from what i remember it drops off fast not much structure. maybe a little sunken island towards the south end. what type of fish are in little jessie.

There are no fish in little Jessie---it's waters are bare. Seriously, fishing is mainly related to shoreline structure fishing---however, there is a sunken island on the south end. The trick is to find certain turns, saddles, bumps, depressions and weedlines for success. We are fortunate enough to have a little of everything; walleyes, northerns, LM bass, SM bass, rock bass, crappies, perch, sunnies, etc. The water is very clear, so fishing can be a challenge during summer and sunny days. Typically, early morning and dusk/evening are good times.

that was my thought of little jessie- no fish. but then it could of been the guy operating the boat!!! i do remember how clean and clear the water was, awfully pretty.

Hello The wife and I are coming up to Jessie lake Thursday, staying at the campground. Love fishing crappie and walleye, sunfish, big perch,pike, can some one help us out on a Hotspot or two.

sorry would like to help but dont know enough about jessie to help, im sure someone else will pipe in soon.

wavewacker, let your buddy know he needs to mow the grass. that would be i good excuse to head up there.

Will do. Obviously didn't go way north this past weekend (neighbor had some work issues come up). Hit some walleyes at the in-laws place by Alexandria. They'll have to get the neighbor boy on the stick. I believe he's usually does it. Maybe something has changed.

Did you get into any walleye's?

I'm going up to Jessieview on July 6-12.We have been staying there one week every summer for the last9 yrs. Ihave a hard time finding the fish though. Lisa is right ,Tim & rita are great people. thats why we keep going up there. would like to find fish one of these days.

Sunk, not sure what fish species you want to target---if walleyes are the main objective, get a good lake map to help locate some of Jessie's underwater and shoreline structure. There are some bumps and underwater islands in the middle part of the lake. Try using a jig and leech or jig and minnow combo and work the edges and tops of the underwater islands. Work some of the more interesting shoreline structure too. Pull a live bait rig to cover the various areas. There is a large horseshoe shelf on the east side that can be productive---work the drop off on the north side.

Don't feel bad about not finding fish---any lake on any given week can be tough. Jessie is no different---however, it does contain some nice fish (eyes, northerns, panfish) though. It's just a matter of finding them and figuring the right presentation to use.

Also, if you have a GPS unit, it will help you in the location of these areas the next time out. Good luck and have a fun week---Tim and Rita run a good operation.

Woollman

yea, we got 3 eyes on bowstring. the weather wasnt real cooperative though.

Thank you so much that will be helpfull. we just love being on the lake. trying somthing new!!!

Thanks Woollman, will try some new things this year. A friend of mine was up there last year with us, he got the fish. I fish for about anything.Ihave the H2O with the 07 chip in it. It has jessie on it. Plus a map book for that area. So thanks for the info Woollman. kyle

Woopie----I got a hall pass to head north and do some fishing this weekend. Not sure, but will try either Jessie and/or Bowstring. I'll be in an Alumacraft Tourny Pro with a 60HP Yamaha tiller with my son. Maybe see some of you out on the waters. No autographs please grin

woollman99, congrats on your up north pass. sounds as the weather will cooperate for ya. have fun and leave some fish for the rest of us will ya. the bugs last weekend were a little pesty though. next time you need the urge to get a pass tell them yo need to mow the lawn.

My brother used to have a cabin on Jessie and it is a good fishery for the most part. The off shore humps are always a good bet. The north west shore is another good shot. The humps have a sandy/rubble/marl bottom which is perfect for the eye's habitat. Early morn or late eve or overcast days are your best bet. Good luck and have fun.

Hi Lisa and I Just returned from Jessieview camp ground. Had a wonderful time real good fishing. And the campground host Tim & Rita Are the best. We travel all over the state of MN. 14 differnt state parks last year alone. This one is a dimond in the rough. Good fishing, bait on site, bar& Grill,store, all within biking distance. We cant't say enough. Will be back up in September. Jeff