• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey folks, I'm hoping you can help me be a good wife! My hubby's headed up to our new cabin on Jessie Lake this weekend, and I'd like to be able to give him a fishing report, since he's going out on the lake for the first time ever. Any hints, tips, traps, words of wisdom, or just general reporting on the Jessie Lake fishing would be great. Thanks!

oh no a green bay fan in minn. there are no fish in jessie. hey just kidding. welcome to FM and the jessie lake area. we have a cabin near the spring lake store.i dont fish jessie much so i cant help sorry. others should chime in soon with opposing views of mine on jessie,

just to make sure we're clear - he's the green bay fan - I say GO VIKINGS!!!!! Thanks!

may i ask what part of jessie are you located and how long have you had the place? you may want to go to the womens forum also, theres this lisa gal on there thats quite entertaining, sorry lisa havent picked on anyone lately, they have a place north of deer river that can give ya pointers.

Hey glenn!! You can pick on me-I'm usually such an easy target too-I'm so gullible!!! blush

We have friends that just parked their 5th wheel at Jessie View Resort . I'll see if I can get any fishing reports from them and post back here as soon as I hear from them ok? grin

i new i could tease ya a little. so any new fishin reports for up there. ill be up there the weekend you girls are going to be terrorizing millacs.

JLF,which place did you buy? I am sure that you will like the lake and the whole area.

The fishing has been kinda tough the first few weeks,but has picked up the last few days.Some nice eyes over 20" have been c&r and some limits of good eater size have been caught.Jig and minnows still are the best,but leeches are working now that the water temps are finally above 60.

Watch out for deadhead logs that are barely above the water(some are just below)! Most of them are on the south end by the public acess to pooles creek and some on our side to the south. We had a couple of guests find them with there motors. If you stay in the middle you should be ok.

Lisa,who are your friends that have the 5th wheel?

Tim O....

I'm seeing deadheads in places that I've never seen them before. shocked

Glad to hear the water temps are finally getting up there, how is the water clarity looking, man was she stirred up over the Memorial weekend. Looks like you have quite the number of RV's this year at the resort, are those your "resort boats" that keep following me around everywhere?? lol wink

Hi Tim O,

The 5th wheel couple are the Tracy's. They're just great! grin

Hey Glenn,

I've got a buddy that has a cabin by the Spring Lake Store as well. We are thinking of heading up on the 12th to do some fishing in the area. He's fished around there before but I'm a rookie so it should be interesting fishing "virgin" waters.

WW

What is the current status of the fishing on Jessie? A guy from work is heading up Thurs-Sunday. Thanks!!

wavewacker, where is your buddies place? our place is on peterson lake. maybe hook up and [PoorWordUsage] a bit.we will be there the 12th late in pm, 11;30ish.

The couple I know haven't fished it yet. They'll be wetting a line this weekend.

Buddies cabin/shack isn't on a lake just a small little place(deer hunting shack that doubles as a fishing shack) just West of the Spring Lake Store a mile or so. We're up in the air yet as to where we may go. I'm very interested to fish some new water up in that area.

i think i know where it might be. i deer hunt by the sand lake cemetery. is his place visable from the road?

Right on the road. Small little white place on the N (I think that's North??) side of the road.

wavewacker, if its the place im thinkinking it is its probably not a mile from the store. is it surrounded by pines? does your buddy deer hunt behind,south of the store and is he from the st cloud area? i may have talked to them before as i grouse, deer, and bear hunt back there as well. if thats the place i will stop in if yous are around. let me know, my wife and i will be up from thur thru mon that weekrnd.

Anyone got a fishing report from Jessie or Bowstring in the past few days? We'll be up there in 9 days!!!! Can't wait!

Dodger

ditto on the fishin report, not only jessie and the bow but any lake. doger31 where are you going to be staying at?

Hey everyone,

We're located on the northwestern side (I think) of Jessie - across from what looks like park forest. We're loving it there. We used to be on Deer (a phenomenal lake), but family squabbles ended that. And my Brother in law is on little Jessie. We're going to really go fishing this weekend - trying to get my son his first fish ever (he's 2 and 1/2). And catch a few biggies for us! We're primarily bass / muskie / northern fisherpeople, so we'll see if we can find them!

Thanks for all the posts and the welcoming messages - any updates - still appreciated. Take care!

jlf, that would put your place off of cty rd 135 correct? how far are you from an old resort-supper club that use to be named birchwood resort? last summer when i traveled that road there was a lot of activity on a place that was in an open area with a trialer house on it and i think there was some road/driveway work done.

Hi Glenn, Hmmmm... I'm not really sure! We're off of 135, but I don't know about the old resort-supper club. We have some exploring to do! This will be my 4th time up and hubby's 7th, so maybe we'll get some good exploring in this weekend!

Have a great weekend JLF! We're going to try to make it up there Saturday night to visit our friends, weather pending. If you guys fish it, post a report? grin

I'll try - it won't hit until Monday, but ... hmmm .... maybe I'll see if I can do it sooner - it will take a bit, but perhaps!

Have a great weekend!

head north on 135 its on the way north end. we are about 5 miles from there, before the spring lake store. i hear ya about the family sqaubble, my parents bought there place with another couple and that didnt work out either. lost my dad but mom will keep it, us boys need to do the manual labor to keep it up. we my wife and i are going up there the weekend of june 14. that must be quite a drive from hudson?

jlf, keep an eye on that lisa, sees trying to find all your fishin hotspots! hehehe. lisa i just looked at the weather for up there they have a tornado watch out for most of northern mn.

About 4 and 1/2 hours - but we're used to it and it's worth it. I drive 100 miles a day for work! I'll have to check out the resort - and the spring lake store (is that the same as the bowstring store?). So far, we're loving it!

That's awesome that you have the family going on to keep up the cabin. That's what we did on Deer, but when a death happened, it all changed.

Can't wait to catch some fish this weekend and enjoy the lake. It's going to be Good Times!

no they are 2 different stores, bowstring store is on hwy 6 and the spring lake store is on cty rd 4 that goes towards squaw lake. we areoff cty rd 29 going towards wirt. i suppose i really have ya twisted around. i was really just kidding about lisa, ive never met her in person,YET, but shes a good egg. have fun up there this weekend its great country up there no dought.

I believe you've hit the nail on the head. Not sure if we'll be going up yet or not.

can anyone tell me if the panfish are starting to cooperate? heard the bugs and ticks are out. 4 days and look out fisheys.