• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Northwest Angle reports?

Tully and Vulcan,

Heading up on Tues. What were the fish on? Rocks, reefs, points, bays. Just wondering. Trying to save the time to pin them down incase of bad weather. Tully I am also going to try for some gators. Had a blast with them last year.

Thanks for the great info guys.

Froggy

Guys any other info that you reccomend like lures for Northerns and i would like to have my son catch a LARGE walleye we are staying at Oak Island resort and all the info would be great.

Thanks

I came back on Friday from 7 days at the Angle. We stayed

at Youngs Bay resort and fished Bishops bay. We fished 5 days, stuck in the cabin for 1 day due to high winds. We jigged the

shorelines, 15-25' with crawlers or salted minnows. Fishing was

very good, the weather made it rough though.

Heading for Little Oak on Friday, so we'll see what happens! Reports sound promising so I am looking forward to getting up there and puttin the smack down on a few eye's!

Rocky points with shoreline rocky rubble. Also, found some fish on shoreline underwater points. Active fish seemed to like the windy points. Look for depth breaks on the points.

You hit it right on the head!! Here is a picture of my largest

walleye. A 28" that just spawned, very thin.

100_0139.jpg

I will be leaving tomorrow at 2pm then staying in international falls till saturday morning so we have easy border crossing time. If you get there past about 11 o clock you can expect to wait for a few hours(It happened to us 2 years ago and from then on out we have been staying overnight friday) Thanks for the tips guys, sounds like you all had a great time!

Ryan

I crossed the border in Warroad last year at 12:30am and had

no problems. It was actualy faster than this year at 1pm.

Bring lots of differnt colored jigs and plastics. It can change

by the hour.

I crossed the border in Warroad last year at 12:30am and had

no problems. It was actualy faster than this year at 1pm.

Bring lots of differnt colored jigs and plastics. It can change

by the hour.

I don't think crossing is as bad in Warroad... I was referring to the border crossing at International Falls. Also this weekend will be much worse since Saturday is Musky Opener on the Canadian side of LOTW which draws people from all over the country.

Good Luck,

Ryan

Any Angle updates....Water temps? water level? Anybody have an early musky report? Heading up Friday for 12 days!:)

Last weekend water temps were around 65 degrees, fishing was great, jigging for walleye's with leaches or dead shiners worked well on drop offs and underwater points. We also caught some nice fish in the evenings in shallower water with slip bobbers and leaches. Not sure how the Musky bite was as we just fished walleye. Water level is higher than it's been for a few years with alot of current in places. However dont get complacent with the high water, you still need to watch yourself and keep and eye out for rocks and shallow spots on your g.p.s. Good Luck and have a great time. I am also heading back up there next week for about 4 days, can't wait! Were are you staying???

Staying at the Northwest Angle Resort. Will spend 90% of my time chasing musky but will look to mix in a couple shore lunch/meals of walleye.

Water temps sound reasonable. How's weed growth looking?

Guess I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the weeds, along the shorelines it looked like they were growing in quite a bit. I've never fished muskies before so I guess I don't pay much attention to the things you may be looking for, sorry! At any rate in my opinion I could spend a whole week up in the Islands and not catch a fish and still enjoy the heck out of it. There's just something about arriving up there that relieves all the stress of the real world for me, just give me a nice day, a few walleyes a cold beer and I don't need anything else!! Enjoy your trip!

Well just got back from 5 great days at the Angle. Caught almost all eyes on reef's. First reef on the first day was a 26 1/2" eye. What a way to start the trip. Caught about 100-125 eyes a day. 14' was the magical depth. Caught most fish on frozen shiners, and Gulp Alive. Did get some of the nicer fish on Crawlers. Released about 40 over 19 inches. Biggest was 27'. Spent one day casting for pike in Portage Bay and had a really nice ski just go swiming next to the boat without a hit. Guessing he was about 45". All in all a great trip. Just can not get enough of being up there. Some day I will live there.

Froggy