• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

jigglestick

when ever works out is fine with me.

spring is a busy time of year with grad parties and weddings etc.

I am close by so you guys pick a date that works for the majority. most likely I'll be available.

bmc

I work every other weekend on call, so I got a 50/50 chance of making it I guess??? laugh I'm hoping to get out there Sunday evening and see what ol' marble eyes is up to.

Brian

boatfixer

Thats good Brian. I'm counting on someone to show me where they are at.

Lisa Almquist

How bout July 12?

Iambjm

Hey that would work for me and the old grouch laugh

Gary Crichton

Hey if I am at the cabin that weekend, will ya cook up the salmon

Lisa. How far is it from Winnie.

glenn57

that wont work for me, i hsve a family gtg that day. but id rather go up there to this gtg. do whatever works for everyone else.

Lisa Almquist

OMG!!! I just found out our fishing club has an event on that Saturday (July 12th)! I'm sorry.

glenn57

heres my .02 worth from a northern mn weekend warrior, and a bit selfish to add. i was drawn for a bear licence so how about like the weekend of aug 16th. i know i will be there that weekend. just my opinion.

Iambjm

OMG!!! I just found out our fishing club has an event on that Saturday (July 12th)! I'm sorry.

Oh Gosh!!!! Thanks for reminding me Lisa, I better not make plans for that weekend.

Esoxmn

what is the fishing club?

boatfixer

what is the fishing club?

Thats just what she tells Jim when she goes runnin with the girls wink

Iambjm

Lake Jumpers Fishing Club, they meet once a month in Lawrence Township and have GTG's once a month.

glenn57

i second that boatfixer! anyway lisa have fun at your fishing club gtg. do they do any fishing contests.

Lisa Almquist

Yup, $5 entry and you put it in the pot, and whoever gets the biggest fish, wins the pot!! Easy and fun. I NEVER win......I ALWAYS catch perch. frown

bmc

The weekend of July 12 is the Wild Rice festival here in Deer River and Moondance Jam in Walker. Might not be alot of people around for the GTG that weekend. I know I'll be stuck here in town "babysitting"! crazy

Brian

glenn57

hey bmc, check the need help/advice post!

Iambjm

Maybe the following weekend, the 19th?

glenn57

i will be up there the july 26th weekend if that means anything.

Lisa Almquist

I'm sorry to say Barb we have my family up that weekend but I think the next weekend would work for us too.

Woollman99

Not to complicate things, but if the campground situation isn't accommodating for everyone, I would consider hosting the area GTG at my "retreat" on little Jessie. I've never been at the campground, so I'm not sure of all it's ammenities and camping spots (for those that stay overnight).

I have mowed areas that would fit a few trailers (3-4 depending on size) and other areas to fit tents. Nothing fancy, but I have running water in my place--with an outside hose, outside electric outlets (4), large fire pit area, separate 14x14 screen room with electricity, gas grill, and my place can "house" a few extra people that decide to stay overnight. Those only thing needed would be to order a portable pot for the weekend. I also have some elbow room from my neighbors so we are not right on top of them.

At this point the weekend of July 26th works for me regardless of the GTG location.

Woollman

glenn57

and woolmans place is closer to peterson lake for my self centered reasons. thanks for the offer. i wouldnt stay but a few hours as i have all my kids up for that weekend.

jigglestick

it seems like the timing , and not really the location seem to be the hang up here.

thanks for the consideration tho.

looks to me like pretty much every weekend in the near future is screwed for at least someone.

as stated earlier, i am pretty open, so when any body settles on a date, I'll just go with the flow

glenn57

what jigglestick said, SO lisa being your the boss when is it!

Lisa Almquist

I feel like I've made a circus of this whole thing. I'm sorry!

I'll put one final date out there-how bout July 26th?

Esoxmn

There is also the private campground, i think it has electricity, but dont hold me to that.

glenn57

works for me, ill be up there with my kids and i will sneak away for a few hours.

jigglestick

Lisa, don't take any of this personally.

I have organized many an event from large to small and no matter what, I have learned one thing, you can't please every body.

all you can do is try to optimize the opportunity to get together.

I have an open invitation to go to canada that weekend.

If I can afford to do it, I'm gone. if not, I'll be here and I will see who ever can make it.

bmc

I agree Dave. Lisa just carve that date in stone and let it ride! That is rodeo weekend in Effie and we usually camp at Clubhouse that weekend, but maybe we'll save some $$$ and I'll hit the get together on the 26th and the rodeo on the 27th. Like a wise man once said, "You can't please all of the people some of the time and you can't please some the people all the time".

Brian

Lisa Almquist

Alright then guys, July 26th it is. Carved in stone. winkgrin