• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

jigglestick

ok, here we go.

the official thread to continue the Moose lake get together.

someone pick a weekend.

boatfixer

We're flexible. I see Lisa will be gone the 14th, so the weekends on either side would be ok.

Lisa Almquist

I'll throw out the June 21st (Saturday)? What do you guys think?

boatfixer

I'll pencil that one in.

jigglestick

I'll put a mark on my virtual callendar.

maybe we could talk ol putz into doing his schmeldt fry at the campground?

we havent picked a date for that yet.

bmc

It doesn't matter to me, I'll be there one way or the other. The bite is picking up out there. 3 of us last night put 15-20 'eyes in the boat and kept 6. LOTS of little ones!

Brian

Lisa Almquist

Not to be weird and disrespectful but, who's ole putz? blushconfused

boatfixer

I was thinkin' the same thing, but if ol putz is gonna fry us some smelt, he's in!

jigglestick

sorry, it's my ol man.

he lives in fridley and has a trailer set up north of rapids, back behind my brothers place. it's his little piece of heaven on earth. his get away. he comes up fairly often both winter and summer.

we usually have a schmeldt fry there every spring.

havent decided on a date yet.

boatfixer

I've met him, hauled fuel to his place before. I thought thats who you were talking about.

Lisa Almquist

Believe it or not, living up north my whole life, I've never eaten smelt! I've even been smelting!! Needless to say, I'm all for ole putz manning the deep fryer!! grin

Woollman99

That Saturday should work for me, plus it gives me an excuse from having to mow the grass at the cabin.

I still have some rather large shiners left over from this past weekend. Should I bring them along to fry up?

grin

Woollman

Iambjm

Would love to attend, but will be at a craft show that weekend. Have fun and catch a few for me. frown

Lisa Almquist

That's too bad Barb! Any way of getting out of it or do you have money wrapped up in a table?! frown

glenn57

after reading about this gtg i thought yippy i could get up to the cabin 2 weekends in a row and take in a northern mn fm gtg, finally meeting all these people lying about hunting and fishing, ok i was just kidding about the lying part, ive never met a dishonest sportsperson before, hehhe, then i get home and in the mail is an invite to a surprise 25th wedding anniversary. bummer!!!! seeing i was the best man i figured, ok my wife did, that i best go to it. so that shoots down another gtg oppurtunity. on a brighter note no grad parties so far, yea. now that im done whinning everyone have a good time and dont eat to much smelt.

jigglestick

ok, I have a situation here.

my oldest son, has decided to kick it into gear and finaly get his required school work done, proving my gut feeling wrong, he, out of spite, has graduated high school.

this means we will be having a graduation party for this little butt terd. just kidding...sort of. I love him to death, but he is I have to say more stubborn than his father and made this whole senior year much harder than it should have been.

at any rate, we with short notice have to put something together for him. it has to be on a weekend when my wife is not working and we do not want to push it out to july, so looking at the callendar, we will have to do this on the 14th of june...see my problem?

it will be a somewhat small gathering of family and friends, but I will most likely join my wife in celebration.

If I do make it to the campground, I probably wont be sober.

hey, I earned this one.

I will most likely take friday off, to get everything ready, so I might be able to sneak up friday evening.

saturday will be hit and miss.

who knows how it's going to go for sure.

I know after 18 + years, I am glad to get this one on the books!

boatfixer

Grad party on the 14th or GTG? Lisa suggested the 21st for the GTG. BTW congrats for the kid!

jigglestick

21st could work. I could probably even fish then too smile

Lisa Almquist

I'm not sure about the fishing on that Saturday but for sure we'll socialize in the evening. Who is actually camping? I think we'll just drive our 3/4 mile over there! grin jigglestick, you are a natural born storyteller, let me tell you!! Congrats on the grad!

glenn57

hey lisa, i know you and your guide fish eyes a lot but can you or anyone else for that matter let me know how the sunfish are behaving up there? again something else gets in the way of something else id rather be doing. have fun at the gtg, iwont be able to make it unless it changes from the 21rst.

Lisa Almquist

My son, nephews and I fished the public access area off of #19 on Moose Lake. We actually caught some really nice perch!! No one wanted to clean them, so they lived another day! I know it's sunnies you're after so I'll keep my ears peeled if I hear of any reports around the cabin this weekend ok?

glenn57

thanks, id appreciate that. man sitting hear at my desk in ramsey is it ever dark, thundering lightning. i think we are going to get a storm. hang on to your hats.

boatfixer

Dave, Is that campground run by the DNR and does it have electricity? Mrs. boatfixer wants to know.

jigglestick

bruce, it is a DNR run campground. it does not have electricity.

it has a hand pump for water, and a couple out houses.

it is nice though. we have stayed there several times.

as I re-read this I am trying to figure out how i was thinking it was the 14th we had figured on.... derrr

Lisa Almquist

It's a pretty nice campground. It's really clean! When Jim and I got married up here at the cabin, some of our guests stayed here and they had no complaints. No worries jigglestick! I hate it when I get those old Alzheimer's moments!! madcrysmirk

bmc

So the official date is the 21st? I'm on call that weekend and will be stuck at home waiting by the phone for work to call. I could make it up there after I'm done working on the 20th Friday night (6pm) if anyone will be around.

Brian

boatfixer

Sounds like it might not work for us either frown It looks like I will have to work the next few Saturdays. We might not be able to camp for awhile yet mad

We could be open for an afternoon GTC tho. Any thoughts?

Lisa Almquist

We could postpone this too. We're up EVERY weekend for the most part.

glenn57

a later date would be better for me, if anyone cares. this would give me another great reason to get up north again. but do whatever yous guys need to do.

farmfishing

Im in for what ever weekend. I have never made it to a gtg i think im past due. I fish in the area alot and its not a far drive from the cabin. This interests me very much never fished moose. Me and the kid or kids will try to make it. Till then good fishing.