• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fairmont-Marshall-New Ulm-Worthington Area Fishing Reports - SW MN

Due to the fact that I have not finished my boat rebuild project, I have not been on the water yet. mad

Until I'm finished I have to live vicariously through yous guys. Now that the mad rush of opener is over with, is anyone on fish????

I've been catching walleyes on Okabena and Round Lake. Lindy rig and leech on okabena and trolling cranks or jig and minnow on Round. Give me a call if you want to go out before your rig is finished. I want to give sarah a try soon, i could pick you up on the way.

Sweet. Thanks for the offer Bill. This weekend is somewhat shot for me as I have some family arriving for the weekend. Hopefully I'll be done with the boat soon and we can both head out to Sarah!!!!!

When I have an open window to get on the water, I'll definately be calling ya!!!

Hey Bill, when are you going to be at the Resturaunt? Gotta schedule a pick up from you!!!!!!

Hello, I'm some what new and some what old to this forum. Its good to see that there are actually looking like more posters now than a couple years back. Worthington has produced several I would call rather large fish 28 1/2 inch caught by a good fishing buddy and my 29 1/2 inch caught last saturday morning. Everything that i've seen caught has been from casting shoreline.

Went to round lake and heard they were catching small ones and the 2 we ended up with the morning after work didn't even way a pound.

Is there any up coming fishing tournments in the area? Other than that monday night fishing club. Need it more so on the weekends. Thanks and good luck fishing.

Welcome to FM Learning2Fish.

As far as tournaments go, try looking in the tournanment forum. Things get posted in there also.

I haven't beenn out since opening weekend and probably wont get out anytime soon but I did get a report of a few smaller fish from both Okabena and Round.

If I remember correctly there are tournaments coming up in June on Loon the 14th and Round the 22nd.

Thanks for the info

Also i was wondering if anyone knew what was going on with the crappies why they were dying off. I heard they had some type of disease, but you were supposely still able to eat them. Can anyone that knows more about it explain.

it has something to do the the cold spring. Some sort of fungus that gets in the gills on the crappies. It's too bad the crappies in Okabena were just getting to be keepers.

My Dad has been fishing to Sarah last Saturday without a bite. He has managed a couple keepers at Round Lake. I heard Round Lake is on and off. Also the fish are skinny in Round lake.

I've heard from a few people that Lake Benton is the place to be right now, can anyone back this up? Some people said wherever you go on the lake, you're in the money regardless of the time of day, but some other people said the fishing is "on" but you gotta get there at the right time of day. Also, I was at Dead Coon last Friday and was shocked at the number of boats and people on shore. My group managed only 1, 15-1/2" but we missed quite a few; the boat next to us took home 12, all were decent sized with at least one over 5 lbs. I personally think some of them should have been put back, but it's not my place to say. Good luck everyone

My anticipation of my Canada trip has been coupled by the honey-do list so I haven't been out since opener either, add in the fact that the only days I have really had open were better days for sandblasting in my driveway, darn wind.

Muc33, Call me , I will be at my sisters wedding in kato this weekend but will be back Sunday afternoon. When are you leaving for Canada? Sounds like a blast!

Just got done cleaning 3 18inchers and a 15. Also released a couple so I think we are on the fish.

I fished Sarah last night also and didn't get anything but three bullheads.

I just put 12 jumbo perch and a 19 inch and a 21 inch walleye into the refrigerator for marinating. We caught the perch on Monday night and the walleyes last night. So far this has been a good week fishing for me!!

The meal tonight is going to consist of perch, walleye, wild asparagus and some Spotted Cow beer!!!

fished Benton last Sunday night. Three of us casting. Ibet we cast a least 1000 between us a no fish. So my thought on Benton they not biting!!!!

fished Benton last Sunday night. Three of us casting. I bet we cast at least 1000 times between us and no fish. So my thought on Benton they are not biting!!!!

Hi rowdy. Welcome to FM!!!

I have not fished Benton, but I heard through the grape vine that it's on and off and on and off.

• 7 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

For southwest Minnesota, including Fairmont, Marshall, New Ulm, & Worthington Areas, please post your fishing reports here. Please help out and share the fun here.

If this report helps you be sure to give back in this thread.

Thanks.

I was out all day today and the fish were hitting good even with the cold weather. Best lures were fast falling and then just letting it sit there. They didnt like the plastic tails today.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been fishing on Clear Lake and Fish Lake recently in Jackson County. Fishing has been extremely slow. Picked up one keeper on Clear late last week and several cigars.

I spent several hours on Fish Lake the last 2 days and never even had a nibble. Marking a ton of fish on the vex on both lakes but can't seem to get them to commit.

Just hoping for some more warm weather to speed up the action hopefully.

Fished Sarah today for the derby caught 8 nice pearch. It was nice to get on some fish again. No eyes were caught that I know of. Maybe Feb. will be better for me than Jan. it has been really slow around Luverne.

hay skeeter b glad to hear you cough some fish i have been fishing spirit in ia and having good luck catching perch tried storm lake ia Saturday got skunked fished a small local pit today and just cough small bluegills but still having fun

Sapper,

I am thinking we should just start plotting our scheme for the gobblers in April since neither of us can catch anything but bottle bass!! Pretty excited to say the least, we might have to start honing in our archery skills when were shooting the next couple weeks

You might be right ghost, but I'm not giving up on fishing quite yet! I am, however, looking foward to baggin a couple gobblers this spring.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any idea how the ice is on sarah or sheteck. I'd like to try my hand at getting a few more perch or crappies before the ice breaks up.

If I'm not at the SF sports show I'll be on the lake. I haven't been out on a local lake for about a week and a half. I'll post back on ice conditions if I'm out there.

i was wondering the same thing about Sarah. Taking the pops out to catch some slabs tomorrow. Im going to assume it is fine since the ice on the st croix is still over 2 feet as of today. My guess is Ice on a river is not as good as a lake... ill let you know what i find out if you can wait.