• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How did you find out?

fishnhuntnboy

After seeing all of the new folks on FM and HSO, I was thinking how did you find out about Fishing Minnesota? You see people from all over the U.S. and just makes me wonder how you found out.

Me myself found out this site through my dad. He showed this to me and right away i became a member.

I was looking for a fishing report for the area where our cabin is at, and my brother told me to check this site out. It has been very helpful and a good way to spend time. Thanks to everyone

for me its kinda funny I was on another forum not related to FM

I posted a Question on trolling and someone answered me and gave a link on a trolling book, fishermans bible(their out of stock, my luck).Well ,the link was right to fishing minnesota looked it over fell all googley over it and never left.

p.s. out of respect to fishing Minnesota I did not or will not mention the name of other sight. HSO is superior.

If you can let me know how i can get my hands on this book please let me know .

I was googling ice fishing and lo and behold this site popped up.

The book I have is precision trolling the troller bible. I got mine at gander mtn for like $29. It shows you the lure and how many feet of line to let out so you know how deep you are. It also talks about weights and speeds. I have also seen them on ebay. Hope this helps.

The decal on the back of Jason Boser's pick up. Saw it at a landing on Winnie a couple of years back.

Maximum12. I work with him and was wondering what site he was wasting so much of his time on at work... grin.gif

My buddy introduced me to the and I joined. But I didn't really start posting at all until a few weeks ago. I would say that Tyler Holm got me hooked because of all the things he has said about it! Thanks Dave and Tyler for getting me addicted!!

It was so long ago I just plain don't remember.

After getting my boat and gear last summer, I was online searching for just about anything related to fishing in Minnesota, Lakes, where to fish etc. eventually my search results brought me here. Haven't left yet...

I remember it vividly. One night I was spending all kinds of time doing searches for fishing reports. I typed "Minnesota fishing reports Hutchinson" into Yahoo and walla....it brought me to FM. I couldn't believe the amount of information that was being shared and written. I lurked for 2 weeks and then joined.

BigLakeBass introduced me to the site so he's to blame for all the hours I've spent here!

I originally did a topic like this years ago titled "How did you find FM?" I've searched and searched for it this morning but have come up empty handed. Oh well... some things are fun to talk about again.

Here's my story I posted back then-

"Personally, I found FM back in 2001 when I was trying to find a little info on Upper Red Lake Crappie fishing. I eventually wandered on to Roger's Campground, Hudec's Resort, and the Waskish Minnow Station websites trying to find some info. I believe it was the Minnow Station who had a link to Fishing Minnesota and voila, here I am."

Like many others, I was searching for fishing reports. I found it through google typing in Mille Lacs Fishing Reports and I was soon hooked. I lurked around for about a year or two, can't really remember. After a while reading the posts, I figured I could add to quite a few of the topics and just started posting. Great place to hang out on the net, to help you put fish in the net.

A friend showed me the site. Saw it was chalked full of info and joined. It's a great site!!!!

Me too. Did a search for St. Croix River fishing report and here I am.

One of the guys that runs Fishapalooza turned me onto FM...

i think i found it on the mn dnr website. if not it was from playing around on the computer and somehow stumbled upon it. the rest is history. fm anyonomous is now busy.

Originally Posted By: lawdog
BigLakeBass introduced me to the site so he's to blame for all the hours I've spent here!

There's a name from the past. Whatever happened to him, I havent seen any posts for a long while. Also MTNET, havent heard that name in a while either.

I found this site by typing in "Fishing" + "Minnesota" in YAHOO (before Google was as big as it is now) and this is the site that came up. Since there was a forum for Kabetogama I knew I was here to stay.

I was on another forum board and the topic was "What other forum's do you participate in?" Each response had three, four different outdoor forum links.

This forum was the best link.

I always wondered how a silly forum could make my husband spend so many hours chuckling and reading. Now I know why!! I'm hooked on FM now too!

I first found FM searching for anything about fishing in Minnesota in July of 2000. I joined a short time later uder a different user name than I have now. I was permenantly layed off some months later and lost my access to a computer. I rejoined in the summer of 2002 when I was able to afford a computer in my home. FANTASTIC SITE. THANKS RICK.

I just did a yahoo search for fishing reports in Minnesota, and this site was the best site I found. It had great reports. Now I am hooked, like the walleyes will be hooked in just over a week! Yipee!

Originally Posted By: LisaTealz
I always wondered how a silly forum could make my husband spend so many hours chuckling and reading. Now I know why!! I'm hooked on FM now too!

Lisa, he was laughing at all the junk I was trying to post. grin.gif

Years ago I was on-line looking for a resort on LOTW that rented sleeper houses, one thing led to another, plans got all fouled up, and voila......here I am.

My neighbor and I (wanderer) were looking for information on Ice fishing lake trout in Jan 07. And found this site.

Quote:
Lisa, he was laughing at all the junk I was trying to post.

You have really good posts boilerguy! I really enjoyed the Kielbasa and Sauerkraut one! \:\/grin.gif

I was in the market for a boat last summer and came across the site. I ended up buying a boat from a fellow member. Ever since I found the site, I became hooked. The fishing reports, advice and knowledge of the members keeps me coming back. I also ended up buying a Vex this winter from an ad posted on the site. I have had awesome luck buying the boat and Vex from members on this site. The members are truly great sportsman.

I did a search for UTL a couple of years ago, we were headed up there for crappies at the time. It brought me to this site, but it still took me a long time to become a member.

Matt Johnson told me to check it out one day at the ice fishing show when I was there. Thanks Matt