• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports & Info

doesn't sound very promising out there you guys are doing a great job on the updates keep them coming i hope there is access by the weekend or so

Yea Jay. Mid March can be dynamite! The fish have to eat prior to spawn, and the bite can be non-stop at times, if you're in the right place.

We fishing out of babblers thursday thru sunday. Fishied around arneson's reef. Thurs we set up in 27fow. caught close to 60 fish. 1 slot fish (22.5"), 1 keeper (19"). Everything we caught were walleyes. Fri we moved out to 36fow. marked a lot of fish but probably only caught 15. Mostly all saugers. 1 keeper + 1 tulli. Saturday we set up in 31fow. fishing was awsome. managed to finish our limits by 12:30. All sauger 15-17". They tasted good too. Went back to same spot sunday morn. Weather change turned them off a bit but we still managed to keep 5. Left the lake by 11. Best fishing i have had this year on LOW. Be back again in March.

Headed up Thursday morning, should be in baudette by 11...on the lake by 1230. I have the afternoon to fish by myself before the rest of my group gets up there and we are in twin rivers' houses for 2 days. Hoping someone can give me some current info on an area off Adrian's road that is holding a lot of fish or has a hot bite going. If someone wants to fish with me and the pup, even better. PM me if you are willing to share. I will return the favor if you are.

Will be up Friday around noon fishing out of pop ups. We will be at the mercy of the roads as we wont have any sleds this trip.

I think the travel conditions are going to be the hottest topic for the rest of the seaso. Fishing reports are great, but in my exp. you can throw a dart at the map on any given day and have a great day, now getting to that spot could be a real pain in the neck, so hopefully that improves before next weds., lol

I was out last weekend before the snow and big winds and it was tricky getting around with a half ton. Instead of getting stuck we stayed pretty close to the road. Chains may help not sure don't have them. Fishing was average mostly saugs but a couple nice eyes as well. 33 feet out in the mud.

We found some big perch last weekend also. We cleaned them to eat but now I am thinking they would have made a pretty cool stringer mount on the wall.

full-14148-30346-image.jpg

Wow thats a dandy perch!!!!!!! very nice. Im coming up a week from today!!!!! Hope we can get into the fish. We will be bring up a walleye nut that has never fishes LOTW so it should be fun

how much ice you guys drilling up there?

Two weeks ago my jiffy pro-4 did not make it through without an extension but that was out by Knights 25 yards from a pressure ridge.

Just got back from LOTW. Fished Friday afternoon through this morning and unfortunately it was the worst fishing I have ever had on LOTW. 7 saugers between 4 guys and 2 tullibee was all we had to show for our time , but thats why its called fishing and not catching. Tried ever color and bait we had in the box for rattlin flyers and buckshots to forage & macho minnows to skobie snacks and pink charmers.

I will say this and we kick ourselves for not going back but the late afternoon bite in 17-20fow could be good. We lost 2 slot fish and caught a slot and 2 dinks.

Decent weekend with limits filled after 2 full days of fishing. Lots of smaller fish but did get our share of nice saugs and eyes. No perch but hopefully next time. 34 feet flyer and orange gama hook

Had 15 guys out over the weekend. Thursday was terrible. Friday was of little relief, but we did end up with 18 keepers. Saturday was decent with 45 keepers. I think the three days of fairly stable weather helped. Oh and lots of Tullibee, which I didn't include in the totals above. 30+ feet of water, though we did try shallower with not much success.

Fished last weekend Feb 22-24th. Fri spent at Springsteel at South Tip in 26 fow caught only few then moved to DNR Reef witha few more of us and had 6-7 ok fish for 8 of us. One FAT 31 inch pike caught too. Saturday Rented a few Long Pt houses and had some in porty's. Fished East side mostly in 32 fow. Really slow.....had a few keepers but only around 6 for 8 of us and we moved portys to try a little shallower once. On Sunday went out of Babbler's. Tried 23 fow at 16 mile for an hour and heard it was better way out in mud so we went back south and fished in 34 fow. Pretty slow for all but at dusk we did manage 2 nice keepers and 2 slots- a 21 and 23 incher. But we had 6 of us so not too good....one pike attacked a buddy's vexilar transducer though!! I msy be out tomorrow so we will see!!

Fished Long Point Sunday - Tuesday (24-26). Slow. Dad stayed put in a fish house and I moved around. Fished North of Twin island to the furtherest east road long point plowed and in between. I got 7 keepers and no slot 16' to 34'. Dad got 4.

Me and my three kids just got home from our trip. We arived Thur. afternoon and fished the end of Adrians road, kept 5 saugers and released a 25 in walleye. Fri. a.m. was dead so we moved back towards shore in 31 ft. of water fished there until noon Sat. Kept 2 Saugers then headed out of Cyrus Resort out to the end of their road kept one that afternoon and 2 more saugers this morning. Fishing was very slow but the trip was still fun.