• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports & Info

Any rain up there eat up the snow this weekend? I'd rather bring the snowmobile this coming weekend but 4 wheeler is an option as well.

Heading up friday night keep me posted on the ice by pine island... Looking to bring the wheeler up..... ANy tips greatly appreciated.... Fishing sat sun mon give ya full report... any marked trails heading to the island???

Hey Warrior.. Keep an eye out for more reports coming from Brian Ney, he's the owner of Adrians, our road man extrodinaire and he'll keep us abreast of developing ice conditions and let us know when it's a go on their road.

One things certain.. NW Minnesota we will see cold soon and the winters are usually plenty long! For now I'll just be patient and enjoy the warm weather, but odds are it's gone for the next 4 months now!

Pretty darn windy out of the west overnite they're saying. Been gusting over 30 the past few hours here in Roseau.

Got home from work last night and the crack was a 1/2 to 3/4 mile wide out front. I would say that the open water starts about 3/4 of a mile offshore, about that 18-24 fow I am guessing. Like Fisky said that wind was howling out of the west pretty darn good last night. I think the wind is supposed to calm down tonight. I know I won't be out there yet this weekend. Godd luck and be safe if you go.

Cloud cover is burning off now so we'll probably get a decent MODIS satelite shot of the pond in a coupla hours. May not be pretty though ?

I'm only going to look at it through one eye and partially cover that one. I am afraid of what we will see. If we can get no wind and single digits for a few days it will heal but I think there is some damage out there.

it opened up in front of arnesens last night according to one of the bar managers there last night. had whitecaps in the open water.

Sat image is up. Luckily it looks like the S shore of Traverse is not too bad. NW side of Muskeg has very large section of open water, and a coupla smallers. Some big open spots near the LP area and Rocky though.

Might be time for JP to grab the Crop Duster and get some aerial footage again.

That was some pretty amazing video he took last year of the ice/cracks/open water.

For those that haven't seen the Modis image for today.

looks like someone sparked off about 3 miles of det cord along the west to cetral south shore of muskeg bay.

industrial-explosives.jpg

Just east of springsteel island took around (25) FAB-750's

5964279_Vietnam_285482b.jpg

North of long point...

nasm-9A00087.jpg

East of long point... just one of these.

earlygerman.jpg

5 mile reef took one of these.

grenade_paratrooper_1943_700.jpg

Ask and you shall receive!!! Just got back from Kansas deer hunting And had planed a ice report this week,,, Planing on tomorrow,, ill post back later tomorrow,,,Stay dry everyone!!

Awesome. Thanks.

It gives us all a pretty good glimpse at what's truly happening with the ice conditions, especially a ways off shore.

Yes, that picture is off Ballard's facebook page. They will continue to update through that mode of social media.

Duster, if you video, can you do a MCA pass over the rough ice? I am looking for a report that would indicate if we could land on the ice with a Skyhawk on tricycle gear. Not now but when there is enough ice to actually land on.

Here is the satellite image from today, 11/27.

Clear, calm and about 0 degrees as I type.

LOTW112712.jpg

Could someone PM me the link for these images?

Thanks.

The problem areas look a little lighter in color leading me to believe they must have got a layer of ice over them last night. I guess we'll see tomorrow if it holds up after this strong south wind.

Their is currently a large crack out in front, to the west of Rocky Point. Probably due to the south, south-east breeze.

So on another note do you guys think I should bring the auger extension up for this weekend? With the price of fuel I hate to haul all that extra weight unless it's absolutely needed.