• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports & Info

Great fish Chill!! He'll remember that one for a long time!

Bummer on the riggers breaking Drez. How often do you other riggers hear of, or have the riggers break on you?

I run cannons with 8 lb nuts and they seem like they would be tough to break..even in 4'ers.

A beauty of a fish Chill, congrats to your boy.

My fishing report.. Fishing is great when the wind ai'nt too terrible! Been pulling plugs on lead and/or flatlining. Reef areas out from Rocky giving up BIG fish, Whiskey Flats reliable for the good eaters, mornings especially. 5 trips in past ten days, 1 good the other 4 excellent.

Last Wednesday ran N, fishing good on the Starren shoal and the west bar, Stoney was tough but did'nt spend much time searching them out.

I'd say the plug bite is in high gear even though the water is still on the cool side for this time of summer.

fiskyknut

Oh Boy is that a dandy Walleye! Glad I could help you with the pic! Great to have the kids experience that ain't it! Hey Chris where do you guys stay when your up there?

Fisky, any sign of the lake turning green this year or has it been too cool this summer? Some years it looks like soup.

Was up to Sabaskong for a few days last week musky fishing. We got on a decent pattern in the weeds and caught 10 fish, plus a couple of nice bonus pike. Moonrise and mid-day was the best time to be out. There didn't seem to be much going on the rocks while we were there. Water was a dirty brown with a couple feet of visibility, but at least it wasn't green. Blades worked best for us, burned over the weedtops. Slower approaches like spinnerbaits and topwaters struck out. The fish we caught were extremely fat and healthy. Fat enough to make you overestimate their length almost every time. I posted a bunch of pictures on my site if you want a look.

I have some family up today that downrigged out from pine island anywhere from 25-32 feet. They got few fish today but overall it was quite slow for them. Lots of boats bait fishing shallow near the island, but not sure how they were doing.

Anyone been further west towards long point or arnesens or further that way with much of anything happening?

Sounds like Jigging and drifting have been working better than cranks. Try jigging off the edge of the reefs.

SM1, I spoke to a bait dealer who said, that last weekend they were hammering the walleye by the island on minnows.

Was up Saturday and Sunday. On Sat. we downrigged around Arnesen's and Gull Rock reefs. Not much luck. On Sun we went out by 12 mile and downrigged east around the North side of Arnesen's reef and a ways towards long point. Had good luck. 4 of us in 4.5 hours kept 16 walleye and 4 saugers and threw back a bunch of little ones and at least 12 that were too big, the biggest was 29". Firetiger seemed to work the best.

Went up for the day Wednesday. Headed out to the Field and started in with chubs and frozen shiners. Both caught nice fish with a larger than normal average size and a 28.5 for the biggest. Around 1:00 the bite slacked so we dropped the balls and headed east towards the Morris Point Gap and caught fish all the way there. Probably released another limit for all on board trying to catch a few sauger to fill out the day. Incredible fishing considering that the last 2 trips have been blow outs. (wind wise)

Fished up by Zippel Bay the 10-14 and caught fish in the 28-30' mud out NW of Zippel. Had 5 kids with my wife and I. Went with slip bobbers and crawlers and leeches. Bit wasn't fast and furious but caught plenty of fish and my 7 y/o caught a 24"er that was a blast to watch in 30'. Sounds like Garden and Oak Islands have been great fishing if you can get up there.

Fished out of Warroad in the rain and wind this past Sat/Sun. Mainly downrigging with good results. Saturday saw a lot of nice walleye in the boat with Sunday hauling in 25+ sauger and only 4-5 walleye but found my new personal best at 30 inches. Yesterday was really hot and found good numbers of 18-21 inch walleye trolling around a little boulder field I found. All but 4 fish on Saturday released. Can't wait to get out again!

I am heading up in a week and a half and looking for some pointers for the walleye and Muskies. I will be coming out of the North West corner of the lake. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Daily Fishing Report (8/30/09): Tonight we will have a few passing clouds, otherwise generally clear, low 39F with winds light and variable. Tomorrow we will have a mainly sunny sky, high around 75F with winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night will be clear, low 51F with winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. So what this all means is that the weather is going to be AWESOME so you better get your butts to Lake of the Woods for what could be our last few weeks of summer weather. Today’s fishing report will be no different than yesterdays report, with one addition. Billy “The Sniper” Kloos took out 3 of our guests today…they went up to Garden Island and dropped the downriggers for only the third time this year. The weather conditions were perfect, low winds and sunny skies. Our guests had their limit by 2 pm and that was including catching a number of slot fish that must have been deposited right back into Lake of the Woods. They each booked a return trip back here at the end of September…way to put them on the fish Billy…it never fails, Billy is a legend on Lake of the Woods! The balance of the report will come from our guides (Tom Briggs, Billy “The Sniper” Kloos and Kevin Olmstead), our guests and me. Tom, Billy, Kevin have been heading up north to the southwest side of Little Oak Island and they were limiting out by 11 am each morning…that was for 3 days in a row. They were using hammered gold spinners, salmon/gold spinners and orange spinners with crawlers. One of our guests had the pleasure of hooking into a 29 ½” 10 pound Walleye…he was truly pumped up…Tom Briggs “PUTS YOU ON THE FISH” each and every day. Knights and Bridges are starting to produce some nice fish also…last week we had some guests that were filming a TV show and they headed up there and fished the rocks…slow troll/drift…orange spinners and hammered gold spinners with crawlers…they had some great success. They caught a number of nice fish…the biggest was 25 inches. As I always say about the rocks…get ready to donate some tackle, because you will get caught up at least a few times fishing those areas. A couple days ago, I was informed by Jake Magness and Doug “The Surgeon” Hagen that the fish were biting out in Light House Gap again. They were anchored and jigging with green and silver jigs and frozen shiners as bait. They said that they had gone through their one bag of Shiners in about 30 minutes…the bite was that good! Also, I have been informed that the Shiners have started to make their annual run into the Rainy River…we all know what that means…BIG WALLEYES ARE ON THE WAY! The Shiner run will last till the middle of November, so if you don’t want to travel far and you want to catch some big fish, book today at the Wigwam Resort and experience some of the “BEST FISHING IN THE WORLD”! All this great fishing will take place right in front of the World Famous Wigwam Resort, in Four Mile Bay and at the mouth of the Rainy River! Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!

Jean-Paul Tessier (JP) aka Wigwam Fisherman

Wigwam Resort

(800) 448-9260

8-22-09+JP.jpg

Daily Fishing Report (9/2/09): Today will be very sunny, high 79F with winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight will be mainly clear, low 53F with winds light and variable. Tomorrow we will have sunny skies, high 79F with winds light and variable. Tomorrow night will be clear, low 54F with winds light and variable. Again, what this all means is that the weather is going to be AWESOME so you better get your butts to Lake of the Woods for what could be our last few weeks of summer weather. Today’s fishing report will be exactly the same as yesterdays report, and will come from our guides (Tom Briggs, Billy “The Sniper” Kloos and Kevin Olmstead), our guests and me. Tom, Billy, Kevin have been heading up north to the southwest side of Little Oak Island and they were limiting out by 11 am each morning…that was for 3 days in a row. They were using hammered gold spinners, salmon/gold spinners and orange spinners with crawlers. Knights and Bridges are starting to produce some nice fish also…last week we had some guests that were filming a TV show and they headed up there and fished the rocks…slow troll/drift…orange spinners and hammered gold spinners with crawlers…they had some great success. They caught a number of nice fish…the biggest was 25 inches. As I always say about the rocks…get ready to donate some tackle, because you will get caught up at least a few times fishing those areas. Last week I was informed by Jake Magness and Doug “The Surgeon” Hagen that the fish were biting out in Light House Gap again. They were anchored and jigging with green and silver jigs and frozen shiners as bait. They said that they had gone through their one bag of Shiners in about 30 minutes…the bite was that good! There have been more boats fishing right out in front of the Wigwam Resort also…what this means is that the Shiners have started their annual run into the Rainy River…we all know what that means…BIG WALLEYES ARE ON THE WAY! The Shiner run will last till the middle of November, so if you don’t want to travel far and you want to catch some big fish, book today at the Wigwam Resort and experience some of the “BEST FISHING IN THE WORLD”! All this great fishing will take place right in front of the World Famous Wigwam Resort, in Four Mile Bay and at the mouth of the Rainy River! Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

8-11-09+JP.jpg

Jean-Paul Tessier (JP) aka Wigwam Fisherman

(800) 448-9260

Wigwam Resort

Made it out Sunday and after a choppy start, the day turned out pretty nice. Easy limit of 17-19"ers, with a 28.5", 25.5", 25 and a dozen or so low slotters mixed in. 34-35' near rocks with a gold rebel jointed fastrac, and a fire perch #7 SR 2.5 mph behind downrigger balls worked best. Did get the 28.5 on a reef runner flatlining though, along with a few others.

later,

toddb

Daily Fishing Report (9/8/09): Today will be windy with thunderstorms this afternoon, high 78F with winds SSE at 20 to 30 mph…there will be a 60% chance of rain. Tonight there will be thunderstorms likely, low 54F with winds SW at 15 to 25 mph…there will be an 80% chance of rain. Tomorrow should be partly cloudy skies, high around 75F with winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night should be clear to partly cloudy, low 47F with winds light and variable. Today’s fishing report will come from our guides (Tom Briggs, Billy “The Sniper” Kloos and Kevin Olmstead), our guests and me. Tom, Billy, Kevin have stopped heading north and started to fish the big water again about 4 to 6 miles outside Lighthouse Gap and Morris Point Gap in about 30 to 32 feet of water. They have been anchoring and jigging, and also downrigging if jigging becomes too tough. When downrigging they have been using trusty Rapala baits and when they are jigging they are using White/Gold and Orange/Gold jigs with frozen Shiners as bait. The fishing has still been top shelf and we don’t anticipate that to slow in the least bit as we move into the middle of September. A few of our guests have been seeing major success using those two methods also. Yesterday I had the opportunity to take my little brother fishing…in the matter of two hours I had two nice Walleyes in the boat and my brother had been robbed by about 10…haha. I was using a White/Gold jig with a frozen Shiner and Ryan was using an Orange/Chartreuse/Gold jig with a frozen Shiner also. He saw more action, but I was fortunate enough to hook them. Last week I was informed by Jake Magness and Doug “The Surgeon” Hagen that the fish were biting out in Light House Gap again. They were anchored and jigging with green and silver jigs and frozen shiners as bait. They said that they had gone through their one bag of Shiners in about 30 minutes…the bite was that good! I also heard from one of our guests that long lining Rapalas in about 14 to 16 feet of water on the west side of Pine Island was the ticket…I was unable to try it for myself, but I have faith in the source. I will give that a go here in the next few days and let you know how I do. Regardless the Walleyes are starting their move into Rainy River again…I CAN’T WAIT! There have been more boats fishing right out in front of the Wigwam Resort also…what this means is that the Shiners have started their annual run into the Rainy River…we all know what that means…BIG WALLEYES ARE ON THE WAY! The Shiner run will last till the middle of November, so if you don’t want to travel far and you want to catch some big fish, book today at the Wigwam Resort and experience some of the “BEST FISHING IN THE WORLD”! All this great fishing will take place right in front of the World Famous Wigwam Resort, in Four Mile Bay and at the mouth of the Rainy River! Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

IMG_0565.JPG

Jean-Paul Tessier aka Wigwam Fisherman

Well after some trial and error finnally got into some fish Sat afternoon. Tried snap weights and raps and only hooked into one 34 inch northern. Biggest my dad ever caught so that was cool. After a hour of raps and no walleye switched to gold spinners and crawlers. And boy did we find the fish. 23 foot of water and drifting with the drift sock out. We caught our 2 limits in a couple of hours. Walleye and sauger. And 6 bonus JUMBO PERCH. They were huge!! Ate fish for supper and hit it again on Sun Morn. Only caught 5 fish kept 4 One was 20 inches caught by my 8 year old. AWESOME. He was tickled to out fish dad.

Sun afternoon was slow until later in the day and tried way away from anyone out in the middle of nowhere. South of South tip and east. 23 to 26 foot of water and my wife couldn't keep them off the hook. One 20 incher and 3 over 19, she was useing minnows and me and dad were useing crawlers. Came in with three limits of walleye and sauger. For the wife not likeing the big water she seemed to enjoy out fishing me and my dad. Mon was a interesting day. Crawlers would not work Minnows were only thing they would bite on And drifting did not work so we trolled around and caught fish after fish. My twelve year old turned into the fish hog then. It was great watching him and my wife reel in fish after fish. Kept me very busy. Alot of small sauger caught but did get some bigger ones to keep. Threw back 5 Walleye over 19 inches. Biggest fish was lost at the boat just inches away from the net snapped my line and the wife couldn't quite reach it with the net. She felt bad but thats the way it goes. It was just fun haveing my wife, kids, mom, dad, and nephew out fishing on the big water catching fish like that. We ended up eating alot of fish and bringing home our seven limits of walleye and sauger. And the 9 JUMBO PERCH kickers. It was a great weekend except for the ride back in to warroad and the boat quit! Dont know what happened with that yet. No cell phones, forgot them in the camper. (DUMB!!!) Thanks to the two guys that came and helped us out after waveing our arms for twenty minutes. Thankfully it was the end of the weekend so it did not ruin a good thing we had going.

All fish kept were between 14 and 17 inches, which is our personnel slot limit. Everything bigger and smaller were released. Hope everyone had a great weekend like we did. Hope to make it up again as soon as we eat all our fish.

Still lots of fish using the south shore mud. BUT! the anchor/jig bite really shut off, at least for us on Wed and afternoon and THurs. Almost everyone anchored either left or pulled up and started pulling cranks. The fish were snapping good if the bait was moving. Downrigging seemed to work better than leadcore or longlining--speed was the ticket for us.

Hope the jig bite starts again soon. Water temp was 70.8 late Wednesday afternoon, 67 Thursday morning.....still summer.

Good luck.

Well after some trial and error finnally got into some fish Sat afternoon. Tried snap weights and raps and only hooked into one 34 inch northern. Biggest my dad ever caught so that was cool. After a hour of raps and no walleye switched to gold spinners and crawlers. And boy did we find the fish. 23 foot of water and drifting with the drift sock out. We caught our 2 limits in a couple of hours. Walleye and sauger. And 6 bonus JUMBO PERCH. They were huge!! Ate fish for supper and hit it again on Sun Morn. Only caught 5 fish kept 4 One was 20 inches caught by my 8 year old. AWESOME. He was tickled to out fish dad.

Sun afternoon was slow until later in the day and tried way away from anyone out in the middle of nowhere. South of South tip and east. 23 to 26 foot of water and my wife couldn't keep them off the hook. One 20 incher and 3 over 19, she was useing minnows and me and dad were useing crawlers. Came in with three limits of walleye and sauger. For the wife not likeing the big water she seemed to enjoy out fishing me and my dad. Mon was a interesting day. Crawlers would not work Minnows were only thing they would bite on And drifting did not work so we trolled around and caught fish after fish. My twelve year old turned into the fish hog then. It was great watching him and my wife reel in fish after fish. Kept me very busy. Alot of small sauger caught but did get some bigger ones to keep. Threw back 5 Walleye over 19 inches. Biggest fish was lost at the boat just inches away from the net snapped my line and the wife couldn't quite reach it with the net. She felt bad but thats the way it goes. It was just fun haveing my wife, kids, mom, dad, and nephew out fishing on the big water catching fish like that. We ended up eating alot of fish and bringing home our seven limits of walleye and sauger. And the 9 JUMBO PERCH kickers. It was a great weekend except for the ride back in to warroad and the boat quit! Dont know what happened with that yet. No cell phones, forgot them in the camper. (DUMB!!!) Thanks to the two guys that came and helped us out after waveing our arms for twenty minutes. Thankfully it was the end of the weekend so it did not ruin a good thing we had going.

All fish kept were between 14 and 17 inches, which is our personnel slot limit. Everything bigger and smaller were released. Hope everyone had a great weekend like we did. Hope to make it up again as soon as we eat all our fish.

Sounds great!! I am heading up in early Oct so I like hearing good reports

Daily Fishing Report (9-18-09): Today should be mainly sunny, high 76F with winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight we should see clear skies, low 52F with winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Saturday we should have an abundant amount of sunshine, highs in the low 80s and lows in the mid 50s. Sunday we should have times of sun and clouds, highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 50s. Today’s fishing report will come from our guides (Tom Briggs, Billy “The Sniper” Kloos and Kevin Olmstead). Tom, Billy, Kevin have stopped heading north and started to fish the big water again about 4 to 6 miles outside Lighthouse Gap, Morris Point Gap, and Zipple Bay in about 30 to 32 feet of water. They have been anchoring and jigging, and also downrigging, if jigging becomes too tough. When downrigging they have been using trusty Rapala baits (Perch color, White and Purple have been the “golden ticket”) and when they are jigging they are using White/Gold, White/Purple and Orange/Gold jigs with frozen Shiners as bait. The fishing has still been “top shelf” (for all my hockey buddies) and we don’t anticipate that to slow in the least bit as we move into the middle of September. A few days ago Billy took out a group in the afternoon after Goose Hunting in the morning and it took them a little longer to catch their limits, a whole 3 hours…they downrigged all three hours, and our guests came in all smiles! Yesterday I had the chance to get out there again and started fishing by long lining some Rapalas, but that wasn’t the ticket…there was so much fog, I think it disrupted the bite. We ended up going to North Graceton Reef and by the time we got over there the fog had lifted and we started to catch fish. I was using hammered gold spinners with crawlers and drifting across the top of the reef. On the same reef we caught, Walleye, Sauger, Small Mouth Bass, Rock Bass and Perch…I love the diversity! I hope to get back out there on Saturday to see what it will produce, but first I’m going to go and pick up a few more of those Rapalas from my buddies over at Log Cabin (a bait/convenience/gas store about a half mile from the Wigwam). Jake “of the Woods” Magness, Doug “The Surgeon” Hagen and Val Safro, went out a few days ago and were fishing in 31 feet of water, anchoring and jigging out in front of Zipple Bay and had some great success…the big fish of the day for them was a nice 25” Walleye caught by Jake “of the Woods” Magness. There have been more boats fishing right out in front of the Wigwam Resort also…what this means is that the Shiners have started their annual run into the Rainy River…we all know what that means…BIG WALLEYES ARE ON THE WAY! The Shiner run will last till the middle of November, so if you don’t want to travel far and you want to catch some big fish, book today at the Wigwam Resort and experience some of the “BEST FISHING IN THE WORLD”! All this great fishing will take place right in front of the World Famous Wigwam Resort, in Four Mile Bay and at the mouth of the Rainy River! Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

9-16-09+Olson+1.jpg

Wigwam Resort

Fisbed out of Springsteel Friday, 23 ft. Drifting with spinners & Crawlers. Boats scattered about the area, We were about 2- 3 miles ESE of Springsteel, caught lots of fish and saw others catching too.

Daily Fishing Report 9-22-09: Today we will have a mix of clouds and sun, high 67F with winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, low 42F with winds light and variable. Tomorrow should be mainly sunny sky, high 74F with winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night should be clear, low 47F with winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Today’s fishing report will come from our guides (Tom Briggs, Billy “The Sniper” Kloos and Kevin Olmstead). Tom, Billy and Kevin have been staying a tad bit closer these days…with the warm weather we’ve been having, the fish have been hanging out around the rocks and deep mud. They have had great success trolling with hammered gold and silver spinners with crawlers and also downrigging. When downrigging they have been using trusty Rapala baits (Purple/White/Silver have been the “golden ticket”) and when they are jigging they are using White/Gold, White/Purple and Orange/Gold jigs with frozen Shiners as bait. The fishing has still been “top shelf” (for all my hockey buddies) and we don’t anticipate that to slow in the least bit as we move into the middle of September. Yesterday I ended up going to North Graceton Reef again and all I have to say is…what a fishing spot. We were using hammered gold spinners with crawlers and drifting across the top of the reef. On the same reef we caught, Walleye, Sauger, Small Mouth Bass, and Perch…I love the diversity! Jake “of the Woods” Magness, Doug “The Surgeon” Hagen went out a few days ago and were fishing in 28 feet of water from Morris Point Gap all the way to Zipple Bay and having great success. Again this morning there were more and more boats fishing right out in front of the Wigwam Resort also…what this means is that the Shiners have started their annual run into the Rainy River…we all know what that means…BIG WALLEYES ARE ON THE WAY! The Shiner run will last till the middle of November, so if you don’t want to travel far and you want to catch some big fish, book today at the Wigwam Resort and experience some of the “BEST FISHING IN THE WORLD”! All this great fishing will take place right in front of the World Famous Wigwam Resort, in Four Mile Bay and at the mouth of the Rainy River! Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

9-18-09+Rick+Grates.jpg

Happy Fishing to all, and to all a good day!!!!

Wigwam Resort Lake of the Woods

Daily Fishing Report (9-24-09): Today will be very sunny, high 76F with winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight will be mostly clear, low near 50F with winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow will be generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds, high 77F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Tomorrow night we should see mostly cloudy skies, low 54F with winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Today’s fishing report will come from me and our guides (Tom Briggs, Billy “The Sniper” Kloos and Kevin Olmstead). Tom, Billy and Kevin have been staying a tad bit closer these days…with the warm weather we’ve been having, the fish have been hanging out around the rocks and deep mud. They have had great success trolling with hammered gold and silver spinners with crawlers and also downrigging. When downrigging they have been using trusty Rapala baits (Purple/White/Silver have been the “golden ticket”) and when they are jigging they are using White/Gold, White/Purple and Orange/Gold jigs with frozen Shiners as bait. The fishing has still been “top shelf” (for all my hockey buddies) and we don’t anticipate that to slow in the least bit as we move into the middle of September. Yesterday I went right to 28 feet of water right outside Lighthouse Gap and pulled Burnt Orange/Red Rapalas and hammered the Walleyes between 1 PM and 4 PM. I then went to North Graceton Reef from 5 PM to 7 PM and all I have to say is…what a fishing honey hole…the fish are thick around the reef in 16 to 18 feet of water around the rocks. I was using hammered gold spinners with crawlers and trolling across the top of the reef. As I always say though, when fishing the rocks, be ready to donate some tackle…risk and reward! Again this morning there were more and more boats fishing right out in front of the Wigwam Resort also…what this means is that the Shiners have started their annual run into the Rainy River…we all know what that means…BIG WALLEYES ARE ON THE WAY! The Shiner run will last till the middle of November, so if you don’t want to travel far and you want to catch some big fish, book today at the Wigwam Resort and experience some of the “BEST FISHING IN THE WORLD”! All this great fishing will take place right in front of the World Famous Wigwam Resort, in Four Mile Bay and at the mouth of the Rainy River! Don’t miss out on this great fishing that we’re having on Lake of the Woods…come visit us today at the Wigwam Resort on Lake of the Woods!

9-23-09.jpg

Wigwam Resort

Three of us started fishing @ 11 AM, Thursday, we fished Rudy's, 5 Mile, and 12 Mile reefs all day. We caught a lot of very nice walleye and a few sauger. At 12 mile we started in 31.5 fow and caught fish immediately, as the sun began to lower the fish kept moving up unto the reef into 23-21 fow. The walleye were VERY active, night crawlers and spinners of various colors all worked well, we tryed jigs and frozen shiners with no takers. We marked very few fish at 5 Mile, and didn't have a bite. Friday we only needed one more walleye and four more sauger, the walleye ran much larger yesterday than Thursday, threw back lot's of 17-21 inchers. Caught some decent sauger in the 14-16 inch size to fill out our limit. Yesterday crawlers & leeches ran about even in effectiveness. Spinner color did not seem to make much differance. What a great 2 days to spend on the lake, weather and wind were perfect both days.