• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Frozen Four

TwinkeeDink

Quite certain you've used this line and I know Herb Brooks used it in 1980; "That outta get 'em goin'".

Bring back Dean Blais! Maybe he can finish.

Their defense let the Sioux down immediately and almost continuously. It was not a defensive system fault, but a series of individual mistakes. In other words, the defensive players played poorly, and once BC scored several goals the Sioux did not have the character to regain the initiative.

Not much different than a field of battle. Lots of similarities between war and hockey. Not that the Golden Tokers know much about either. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Didn't know your were a Blais fan, Jamison. I miss him, too. He is a class guy and was a class Sioux coach, and the first one I knew pretty well. A worthy inheritor of the rise to power Gasparini started after those horrible years in the 70s under Rube Bjorkman.

Hakstol's got the makings. He'll do fine. Four Frozen Fours in his first four years is pretty darn good. Even a Toker, if he's thinking logically, has to acknowledge that. whistle.gifwhistle.gif

Princeton? Is that kinda like Holy Cross? Sioux were terrible but the rodents were no where to be seen.... again. Bring on the next season.

Hakstol is good but he needs a lot of support to help him go all the way. I don't think Eades and the rest of the crew is the answer. Blais would definitely be my first choice.

Originally Posted By: Team Otter
Hakstol is good but he needs a lot of support to help him go all the way.

Which of us doesn't?

Every successful head coach needs solid support, of course, but I don't think Hakstol has the support around him to be able to finish the job.

Originally Posted By: Bryce
Princeton? Is that kinda like Holy Cross? Sioux were terrible but the rodents were no where to be seen.... again. Bring on the next season.

Not exactly Princeton would have been in the final 16 regardless of winning the ECAC tourney.

Sorry I was so quiet, I just got home from Denver. The Sioux played very poor hockey much like most of the last 10 games they played. Showing for the first ten minutes then most of the third will not win any team many games against good teams.

Unfortunately, ESPN had a real effect on the all games as well. The TV timeouts were too frequent and very long. Most of them lasted longer than most shifts and effectively allowed the benches to be shortened.

And I can guarantee all of you would rather have your team go the Frozen Four than sit around wondering who is going to leave early.

Originally Posted By: walleyes12
Yep, congrats to making it to the frozen four, if your happy with just making it there, well then congradulations your team made it. All in all both teams are at home, The sioux didn't accomplish anymore than gophers did. Unless you consider 3 straight choke jobs in the frozen four an accomplishment?

I just got back from traveling from work as well, and am not going to make any excuses for the way the Sioux played. It was to say the least uninspiring. Hakstol should have put Walski in for JPL after the 3rd goal to try and shake things up. JPL was not on top of his game and senior or not he needed a reality check. Since you can't have a bruiser start a fight to ignite your team in college like you can in the NHL the only thing I can think of would have been a goalie change.

Anyone else bothered by the week of in between the regionals and the Frozen Four, again not making excuses but just bothers me.

And lastly as a response to the Frozen Four choke quote above here are Frozen Four Appearances, National Championships and percentage of times won for

Michigan: 23 appearances, 9 titles, .391

North Dakota: 18 appearances, 7 titles, .388

Boston College: 21 appearances, 3 titles, .142

Minnesota: 19 appearances, 5 titles, .263

IS IT OCTOBER YET? ;\)

Quote:
You forgot Wisconsin

11 appearance, 6 titles, .545

I would say a minimum of 18 appearances! grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Quackaddict9
I would say a minimum of 18 appearances! grin.gif

I didn't realize it was gym class where you get points for attendance. \:\)

They've still got the bragging rights in the WCHA, till another team brings it back. If an ECAC or CHA team wins it next year, I might just have to head to the bunker. It was bad enough having a Hockey East and CCHA team get it the last two years.