• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 NHL Playoffs! Round 1: Avalanche vs. Wild

mr_jman

That second article from 2003 by Mark Kiszla states how the Avs could never lose to the lowly Wild. How did that series end up again, oh yeah that's right we came back from a 3-1 defecit by winning 3 straight games, the last one in their building in OT. Yeah suck on that Kiszla! What a douche!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walleyes12

• mr_jman

• jwhjr

• Fishing_High

whats everyones thoughts on our "D" play so far this series?? I think everyone of our D-Men have played excellent, even Skoula (so far) I have been real impressed with their composure in our own end.

Sounds like Kiszla was a young lad back when Gretzky was racking up 200 points a season and checking was frowned upon. How do you beat skill players? You beat them with the body and make them pay in the corner. The Avalanche looked really tired in the OT especially with them only going with 2 lines in OT. I haven't even heard Paul Stastny name in the series yet. Forsberg has yet to play in the 2nd game of a back to back. I'm sure he will play tonight but we will see how he looks. Throw out the big 4 (Voros, Boogaard, Simon, and Fedoruk) again tonight and lay the wood to them and finish every check.

Why all the late games? A west coast TV thing? My elementary age kids would love to watch the games. They were suppose to go to bed early last night, for MCA testing today.

Because we are small market teams! We get the late game times! Kinda sucks not to be an east coast team.

Late night sinks. I'm in Miami all week on business and can't watch any of the three games this week. Of course I'd rather have it all buttoned up by the time I get home!

Yea I was real tired at work today but I am not missing any of these games. Well we know its going to OT tonight just like every other game so I'm looking at another 4 hours or sleep tonight o well. Is it 9pm YET????? So pumped Go WILD.

I think the Wild will take it in Regualtion, I think the wild will get 4 goals tonight and the avs will only muster up 2 goals with their old tired legs. I hope the wild really come out physcial!

So the Wild game is only available on satellite tonight? Guess I will have to go to the bar \:\)

Originally Posted By: walleyes12
its on FSN North

beat me to it

So true-- Being a big Wild fan in Iowa is really tough. Only way I get any live info is via CCO'. NBC for the last 3-4 years has put hockey on the wk-ends--- never have I seen the Wild. All New YOrk-- and when they suck all Sidney Crosby and all EAST teams. LAst week was DET-NASH,,, why becasue it's the so called Hockeytown. Well, I got news for NBC, HOCKEYLAND is MINNESOTA and they may just have to show a game or two if MN advances past the the 1st round.

Love to see Nash beat DET. And if Cal beat SJ, we are the highest seed left in the WC.

Go Wild!!!!

NBC is so biased with hockey it makes ESPN with the Yanks and SOX look like UHF.

ok, thats good, I got some bad info from a co-worker then.

Can celebrate at home then...

Go Wild..I think they will win in regulation tonight also.

Wild win tonight they put a strangle hold on the series with it coming the X for game 5. I don't see it being very high scoring both goalies are playing great and we don't score for the first two periods we just out play them. I think wild will win 3-1 with a empty netter.

My guess-4-2 Wild. Physical play will open the ice up for the wild. If they get called for 8 penalties tonight I hope that they are worth it(Physical Play). Last nights calls were pretty weak in my opinion. Go Wild!!!!

Not looking too promising so far... Still time to turn it around I guess.

tired legs? time to pull it together and maybe get a goal or two in the SECOND period!

this is sickening. They just need to let them throw some punches, just to get it over with.

No defensive and pretty weak goaltending in my opinion. Still seems to be some bad penalty calls. Go Wild!

Veilleux is a Pu$$Y, cheepshot on Stastny. Hit him from behind, left his feet, What a joke. Then he skates around like a wimp when Ian drops the gloves. Just cause you are lossing doesn't mean you have to play stupid cheep hockey. Hopefully the wild can remember how to play real hockey in game 5. Koivu needs more money. Fire Mr. 10 mil for not getting a point yet, and give Koivue a raise.

CW

Hey, they got one on the road. They got their frustrations out tonight. Not too bad on the road in the playoffs.

If you look at the NHL games today, it was a day of defeat for the teams that should have won.