• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Yeah Team #4!!

Powerstroke

I figured since everyone else has posted about their team we should do the same!

We've got a group of 5.

I'm gonna be bowhunting, so hopefully so of you other guys have better odds than I do. Maybe you'll give me some hints when it comes to the late season and you've all filled out already.

Powerstroke, I'll be bowhunting in MN this year also. If I can get on the land that I am 95% sure I'll have access to again... there may be 2 dead Toms... if you smell what I'm steppin' in!

Let me work my permission magic and line the land up again. This is a new housing development on the bluffs of the St. croix that recieves ZERO hunting pressure and had at least a dozen uneducated Toms on it last year... I called 3 to within 25 yards of me while sitting in the cab of my truck just using my mouth to make the yelps. Me thinks they'll be plenty ready to come a runnin' to a couple green horn archery guys hunting the late season.

Let's keep in touch over the next couple weeks. As I've said before... "I've gotta plan!".

Good Luck!

Ken

I really likes the sound of that. I've got a publis land spot that I found good luck with last year, but its 1.5 hrs away and it does receive a fair amount of pressure. I saw a few toms late last year calling for a buddy but they were very wary.

I'll keep in touch.

Good luck Andy, with the hard work your doing in advance of the hunt, you should be rewarded.

236A. Forest Lake area. Our season opens in a week and a half. The flocks are starting to break up, but no gobbling as of yet. I'll be out scouting next weekend in earnest, sitting quietly at dawn and dusk with my binocs.

Jr. promised to call in a bird for me - but with his hectic schedule I may be spending a bit of time on my own.

go get 'em Jackpine!

Hit that first 'dinger' to get us on the board!!! Get the lead and never let it go!

Good Luck!

Ken

I've seen a few single toms around in the last few days. Don't know what this 12" of snow is going to do to them though. I'm 237b on private land. If there are as many birds in there now as there were during bow season we should do ok. We still need a team name though.

Fat guys in a little blind

The gobble boys

gobble gobble BOOM!

3 1/2" of fury

I'm out of ideas...

Remember back in gym class where you'd pick teams, and play "shirts and skins"?

I propose "Skins" for the team name:

"Team Four Skins"

Originally Posted By: setterguy
As long as we don't need a team picture of team four skins.

AMEN to that!! The only photos I want to see from team four skins is of beards and spurs!!

hey guys here we go! anyone else going later than C? im going 442C cant wait got a bunch scouted out

I start next monday, the other guy hunting the property filled his tag at 6:45 yesterday morning. Said he had his choice of 6-7 gobblers. Hopefully they are still around after the weekend. Sturgeon fishing and come right home for turkey hunting. What a great place to live.

I'm bowhunting late season so I'll be a cheerleader for a few more weeks. Good luck to everyone!!

I haven't had a chance to hunt since getting back from sturgeon fishing but will be out in the morning...hopefully I'll have some nice pictures to post by 7am.

I had to get team 4 back on the front page.

Well I got us on the scoreboard, but its a pathetically small contribution to the team effort. It was a nice plump jake, 17.5 lbs, but the beard was a whopping 2" and I'm going to drive over the legs a few more times before measuring the nubs for spurs...

We had a great time though - saw all kinds of wildlife, had a coyote attack one of our decoys, saw lots of turkeys. The 2 bigger gobblers were hanging with a group of 14 hens, and we simply couldn't get close enough to them for a shot in 3 days of trying. Other than a little early morning gobbling, the gobblers were absolutely silent. Had one nice gobbler come in behind us on Day Two, but the way he came in we had little chance, and I muffed even that tiny chance....

I'll post a pic when I get a chance at the home computer.

Congrats Jackpine!! I don't care who you are, a turkey is a trophy. I bet he will taste great too.

If I had to have a goal for this year it's to see every team register a bird. I don't think it happened last year, but it looks like everyone is doing pretty well being in the second season in MN.

Congrats on the bird I can't wait to see pics.

Way to go Jackpine - I'm loading up the truck as we speak...So far two guys have hunted this piece of property and both filled their tags in less than 15 minutes. Hopefully the streak will continue tomorrow morning. I wanted to give them at least 48 hours to settle down in there, my buddy says there is a huge one in there, so hopefully he will met Mr. Remington and Mrs. Federal tomorrow morning. Can't wait....

Base hits... that's all we need JackPine! Base hits...!

Congrats!

And in the warm-up circle is our big gun... Setterguy, hit us a dinger!

Powerstroke and I are batting low in the order... it will be a couple innings before we are up.

Good Luck!

Ken

yeah,... we'll do our best with 2 of our team members only able to hunt the late archery season... team 5 was stacked like the Red Sox with all the early season hunters...

We are like the Twins... the pirahhnas... we'll just keep nipping away!

Good Luck!

Ken

Well no bird this morning, man we were defenitiley in the right spot. I would say we had at least 5-6 gobblers within 100 yards of us. One was gobbling when I pulled up at 5am. They must have all had hens with them because as soon as they hit the ground it was silent. I had two that started responding again around 7 but could not move them an inch. I may try to get out again in the morning, sorry guys I had hoped to be writing a different story.

Hang in there! That's why you get 3 cuts at the ball!!! And you can always foul a couple off and still be in the game...

Go get 'em!

Good Luck!

Ken

Ken - you know as well as I do, this time of year I'm lucky if I even get into the batters box, let alone get to take a swing. Weather permitting I may get back out in the morning.

I hear you brother "dirt"! We are going to be firing on all cylinders starting next week... It's always tough to slip away for a couple hours each morning... Dang work!

Hope it works out for you... I hate turkey hunting in the rain.... been there done that! Still Hate it!

Good Luck!

Ken

Its always tough to work around the weather, but if you've got blind its worth it to stick it out in the rain, especially if you've got a good field. They like being in the open since they can't trust their ears in the woods with all the rain noise.

Good luck setterguy

hang in there setterguy its just a matter of time. Skipped school this afternoon to do a little scouting and had 8 toms in full strut at noon in the field where i am going on saturday. guess it does pay to sit it out all day. talk about getting the blood pumping!! saturday morning cant come fast enough!!