• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Team # 7...............STRUT ZONE

huntmup

Huntmup

Nightcrawler

Jackpine Jr (Y)

RogerMN

outfishedagain

Papa Grump

Hello team mates. Let's throw some names out to pick from. Spur Collectors, Long Beards, Team Kill Zone, Full Strut,???

I will be hunting 440-E in MN. Don't know if I will make the SD and NE trips this year.

Good luck to ALL.

Safe Hunting and Lets Have Fun.

Dan

hey there Dan. Looks like we are hunting the same time . I'll be in zone 338.

Full Strut sounds pretty good

how about PUT'n & STRUT'n

I'll try to think up some more when I'm bored at work

Brian

Of course, I'll be calling for Jr.

My goal is to get a nice plump jake in front of him. Tender, tasty, and with nubs for spurs and a brush for a beard.

Bwahahahahahahah!

Hey Dan/Brian

I'll be hunting after both of you, 339-F in MN and Zone 19 May 14-18 in Wisconsin.

I like the sound of PUT'n and STRUT'n or Full Strut.

Doing some scouting this weekend hopefully I can post a pic of a big tom I have been seeing.

Roger

Goodmorning team 7,

To stay on page 1 we need to do a little more Cut'n & yelp'n \:D\:D

Have a strut'n Day.

Dan

nightcrawler here,

a no draw in Minn. ever... Hunted NY state with bro-inlaw last 4 years ,got 2 jakes , 1 hen and 1 tom .$85. lic.gets you four tags-- 2 fall and 2 in the spring .

hunting black hills 10th----16th april

I'll be hunting in NE and the late archery this year. Last year the MN season lasted two hours, so i hope it goes the same this year. April 12 i hope to have one down for the team. Good luck and have fun

Originally Posted By: outfishedagain
I'll be hunting in NE and the late archery this year. Last year the MN season lasted two hours, so i hope it goes the same this year. April 12 i hope to have one down for the team. Good luck and have fun

Where do you hunt in NE?

I've been hunting the Springview area the past 7 or 8 years.

Dan

We hunt out in the pine ridge area, in NWern NE. Lots of birds but also lots of people.

Strut Zone works for me. Their Last Strut Zone

STRUT ZONE-- works for me

blow up some beer cases yesterday,20-30-40-yds, woke up to foot of snow this morning.[Park Rapids]

hunting south of Pringle S.D.

team -7 Where you?

i need your rah-rah-rahs, we leave for South Dakota tonite in storm. Turkey numbers should be down in S.D> when we leave.

good luck to the team.

Go get'em Nightcrawer.

I will not make the SD trip this year but I'm still trying for NE. \:\)

Goodluck, have a safe trip and shoot straight.

Dan

good luck Nightcrawer!

Just not good timing for a snow storm! My NE Trip is Canceled. so as of right now i'm down to the MN archery season. Its getting frustrating but this is the second time this year. Yet, i'm glad to see someone is going to get out this weekend. Good luck and drive safe.

got back from S.D. tues. drove around the strom and still made good time .

hunting was great went 5 for 7 .,with the two misses.

too jakes and three toms. pictures when figher how to do.

need some help on how to post pictures from file and not whole file?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nightcrawler,

You'll need to upload each picture onto a photo hosting site and then copy each photo URL, Click the image hot button at the top of the posting text box and then paste the url in the new window. Repeat for each photo you want to post and then submit you post when you're done.

Borch I'am not a computer person.... do not know a hot button from a ULR. but i can e -mail.

. going to see if my son [32]can help ,will see him tonite.

If not can i send e-mail to you ?

thanks nightcrawler

OK, my son figured this out. Thursday we drove though the snow storm on the way to the Black Hills, took us and extra 4 hours. We (me, son, daughter-in-law) scouted for birds all day friday. We found what we needed to find and at 9 am I missed and 30 yard shot. At 10:30 am I heard some goobles in the distance and took off for the hills, not relieving that my group was waiting for me back at the meeting spot. SO everyone got the hear me clucking and running chasing my bird. Everyone was exicited because I had 4 Toms gobbling and all side. To make a long story short I called 2 Toms within 15 yards and the group was waiting for me to shoot. When I finally did they all jumped. I walked back to the truck with my Tom with an addience. They told me the story of me running up and down the hills chasing my Tom and shooting.Here is me coming up the hill.

dad.jpg

This is my first Merriam

turkeySD004.jpg

My son and daughter-in-law that evening set up some decoys and within seconds ended up with these two, our first double in our group and my daughter-in-law's first turkey. And yes she got the biggest of the weekend. Of course she always does, even with deer.

jesandme.jpg

Good Luck everyone the rest of the season.

Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler, congrats on your first Merriam. Good job getting us on the board. \:\)

Dan

Congrats Crawler, great birds all. Merriams have a special place in my heart with the great terrain they live in, and how pretty their plumage is. Sounds like a fun trip.

Joel

TEAM 7

WE are sliding dowm the latter on posts.

has any one been out yet? we had 9" snowsnow this morning and still coming down( park rapids).. hope every one gets good weat

er when you go. Kind of lonesome here...

Nightcrawler

Speak softly, carry big stick grin.gif

Started some scouting this past week and I have 2 different places to hunt from, within 2 miles of each other. My neighbor is on the outlook too and wants to join me for the hunt since he forgot to enter this year and he has been glassing some birds out his living room window about a 1/2 mile away. 9 days to go!

Papa Grump 9 days !!!,I can hardly wait, got 350 days to go!!!

Good Hunting, the weather should be more stable.

Seen two nice gobblers south of town by themselves a couple miles apart be for the snow over the weekend.