• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TeamFLTFarm

• palisade1kid

• Coach1310

• ole

To who it may concern. I like Ck grew up in the area and know most of the hot spots. I have fished and all over the state on many different lakes. People are everywhere fishing on all the lakes i have been. If we all would stop being so close minded and stop pointing fingers. Yall stop your crying. Some of our local lakes have taken a hit. I remember when half of these lakes where fished out fifteen years ago. Everybody went to another hot spot either you or your buddy heard about. If we all work together like true sportsman our children and grandkids will have the awsome fishing like we have had. The biggest problem i have seen anywhere you go in the state is double dipping. Well good luck on the late ice and be safe.

Farm, you're right. Not only double dipping but also feeling like you have to go out and get as many as you can when the bite is on. You don't need a freezer full of fish, just take enough for a meal and call it a day. Or practice a little CPR. The DNR ought to really teach more about selective harvest than anything else. That's what will save our lakes from being overfished. Hope I didn't offend anybody here but when people start pointing the blame on 1-2 individuals it just makes no sense. Maybe we all should take a good look in the mirror and ask ourselves what we can do to improve the fisheries and then contact that mighty government entity called the DNR with our suggestions, after all it's our money they spend every time they decide what they're going to do! TeamFLTFarm my apologies, I hate to see the blame game get started when all this really started when the slabs started biting. Unavoidable. I think we should all start thinking about OPEN WATER and warm weather... ;\)

Taken from todays Aitkin Age...

McGregor area - Crappies are suspended over 20 to 24 feet on Big Sandy Lake and Lake Minnewawa. The deep hole on the north end of Big Sandy continues to produce tullibees, most of which are suspended. Sunfish action also has improved in the shallow bays and on the weedlines.

Willey's Sport Shop (218) 426-3382

I think Willey's is still considered a local business.

When I came on to FM there were people talking about BSL....when I'm dead people will still be asking about BSL...

There is more to this thread than meets the eye.

How many times have you heard there are less people fishing ?

The DNR says we are loosing license numbers every year.

That means we are loosing the dollars they generate to use to stock and do general upkeep on the maintenance of the lakes.

The more that dads stop fishing the more the kids stop fishing.

What are the kids doing if they are not with their dads?

Getting into trouble??????????????????

If you extrapolate this process our fisheries and general public are in for some ruff times ahead.

As an outdoorsman I revel in the opportunity to help someone get excited about this thing we call fishing.

I will go out of my way to help a guy. I feel good about their progress.

Help is not just pointing out on a lake and say there's fish there.

Go to a big sporting goods store and look at all of the 20$ combo's that are sold.

You know these guys need help if they think that's the gear they want.

Helping to me means, getting them dialed in so that their odds of being successful as possible.Part of success is catching fish

and building that much needed confidence in a certain pattern.From that they can deviate to try other patterns.

The value in the instruction is unmeasurable.

To shorten that learning curve,eliminate the re purchasing of equipment with continuous upgrading.

How can a guy do good is he's always failing?

Eventually he'll give up.

Getting dad to get good creates an excitement in him.Then son sees that and wants that too.

Pretty soon mama wants to join in on the fun.

Now the whole family is out there together as a family unit.

Do ya think the kid is out doing drugs,stealing and going to jail?

Will our fisheries benefit from the extra dollars generated by the licence fees not to mention the business from selling the gear and our economy as a whole profit?

Will the families benefit from the quality time together?

I could go on and on in this extrapolation think you can get the jist.

Who am I....nobody,just another swingin ####.

I do get a huge payoff helping others.It's part of my program

in staying sober.

I consider the conflict and the payoff from helping out far outweighs being a hider of info.

What a few folks might say negatively about me is only a small portion of the comments I'll recieve.

Too bad our world is all about me me me me me me.

If you give it all away it will come back 10 fold.

Here's a thread from before I was in FM

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/776406/fpart/2

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/151002#Post151002

these go back 6 years and there's many more .....

CK you are right on the money!! Keep up the good work. I hope to be doing what you are someday! Until then I'll be posting what info I can on any given lake. We all have our honey hole lakes and I don't think BSL would be consider a honey hole...It would be like calling LOW or WINNI or LEECH a honey hole. Look at Millelacs thousands of boats out there and it is still a AWESOME fishery.

FishLander, you keep posting and naming info on specific lakes if that makes you feel better...you obviously don't get it, but then again you are comparing BSL to winni and Leech, that explains everything.

Originally Posted By: TeamFLTFarm

FishLander, you keep posting and naming info on specific lakes if that makes you feel better...you obviously don't get it, but then again you are comparing BSL to winni and Leech, that explains everything.

Did you bother to look at the links SIR?

Go back 37 pages and see how many BSL threads there are.

This did not just start to happen.

I hear what you are saying.I see your point.

so for people like me what do you propose I do then teamfltfarm. I don't live anywhere near bsl, but whent there twice this year. I didn't see anyone really catching alot of fish where I was so broke off from the main pack at NE end. I found after trying two other spots that I did better finding my own place. I'm I wrong teamfltfarm for comming to this lake? Or Do I need to buy property on the lake and hope money buys happiness, which we all know doesn't.

CK, haven't looked at the links yet.

Fishermanhart- you are taking our discusion and putting a pretty big twist on it there buddy, what is your intention. Our original point was to come on here and ask that people do not name specific lakes, yes, our main concern was BSl, but others have came on here in support of thier lakes too. Now for you to bring money into this topic is very strange?? As I said before not everyone will agree with us, BSL will still be mentioned on this forum and there is nothing that we can do about it. All we tried to do was bring our issue to this forum, maybe some people will consider naming less lakes, some people could careless. I have never said we don't want new people to the lake area, we just feel the fishing doesn't have to be advertised. Last time I checked, I didn't talk about only lakeshore owners using the water. Fishermanhart, do you wear glasses, if not, you might want to check your vision. Have a nice day!

TheBearEss...Welcome to FM. I wish I could say we are glad to have you, but since you have been lurking for sometime and now only sign up to post the [PoorWordUsage] you posted... I think that says quite a bit for your character.

The only directions CK ever gave were TO THE LAKE... not Go 48 steps toward the green cabin, take a left and go 22 and a half more toward the red one. You should see 5 holes drilled in an "X" pattern. Fish the middle one with the sawdust next to it.

I also enjoy the "I used to fish that area quite a bit." I guess that means you are always entitled to it all by yourself.

I guess I misunderstood. I thought you were implying signs were in place to mark a fishing spot, not to a party on the ice. Sorry

Hold on.Last year we had a G-T-G were I made signs.

There was no fire on the ice and no booze that I saw consumed.

If you want I can fill this thread with pics and you'll not see 1 can of beer let alone a bunch of intoxicated people.

So stop your lying and fabrication.About the only thing you were correct on is I did make signs and they started at 520th not at the hiway so maybe you saw a differnt party.Not one I put together.

MT is on this forum.He's a christian fellow.

Ask him!He was there.

There were several guys out there I did not know and some were not part of our group,but there was no fire on the ice.

It sounds to me somebody's a bit mixed up.

HPIM1664.jpg

HPIM1659.jpg

HPIM1656.jpg

HPIM1654.jpg

HPIM1653.jpg

HPIM1651.jpg

HPIM1650.jpg

HPIM1649.jpg

HPIM1648.jpg

HPIM1646.jpg

HPIM1644.jpg

HPIM1643.jpg

HPIM1642.jpg

HPIM1636.jpg

HPIM1635.jpg

HPIM1633.jpg

HPIM1632.jpg

HPIM1631.jpg

HPIM1629.jpg

So where was all of this booze and fire?

Looks like a good time thats exactly what its all about but I really wish this post would just end. Come on guys lets talk fishing. Any one still out. Right now is some of the best fishing of the year and everyones sitting here pointing fingers at each other. Lets face it there's lots of fishing presure and people might invade your honey hole. Just getting outdoors is what its all about anyway. Just my 2 cents.

I'd just like to chime in for ck here.

Last week I was looking to get into some tullies, so I got a hold of ck. He did let me know where they were biting, what he was useing, a few tips, etc. And I never met him. You guys whine and moan when someone posts a report on a lake, but when someone doesn't post what lake they were caught on or where they caught them on a lake, everyone reams him out for just bragging. I don't know how many times I've read someone getting bashed because he was just braggin on how many he caught without giving pictures or details. That's because it's impossible to post pictures or details without getting bashed!

And why would anyone get mad at him for telling people what kinda jig he's catching fish on? Just because he's not sponsored? Is that what fishing is, just a way to make money? I sure hope not. If I said I had a great outing and I was using a swedish pimple or buckshot spoon, no one would bat an eye. But if I said I was using a particular JIG (cough cough)I'd get it in spades.

This is my first post on this site. I've sat back long enough and watched him get chewed out. Keith is a great guy, and really doesn't deserve the junk alot of you deal him. Sure, he's made some mistakes in life, he'll be the first to admit it! All of us have, myself included.

BTW, I had a great outing. I caught a ton of tullies and released alot more.

Hey Bearess, read your posts correctly. I, not CK said that he didn't post GPS points. If someone from out of town needed a little help finding an access then signs surely don't hurt. I doubt they said... FOLLOW THE SIGNS FOR SLAB CRAPPIES... come one come all!!

Originally Posted By: TheBearEss
I have been reading this thread and boy am I little bit ticked. I used to fish that area quite a bit. CK says he never put any gps out to find the honeyhole on BSL. What a CROCK! Not only did he put specific directions to the hole, he actuallty went out and made signs with direction so no one would miss it. From the highway down to the ice. On weekends, that spot, that usually had only 3 or four portables on it, had huge parties, with fires, people milling around, and not a place to fish. Give me a break. It's fine to try to go and back out now that the damage is done. But it's done and there's nothing anyone can do about it. That spot was pounded in at least 10 different forums for at least a year and a half straight.

All in the name of T.H.E. JIG.

Out of respect for C.K. and FishingMinnesota.com, I am going to chime in to this thread one last time. I was not, but I felt I had to.

What you are knocking is one of the greatest aspects of this site, the “get together”. We have similar ones threw out the state. I have been to many GT, that FM members have put on and we even have a forum dedicated to this type of gathering. I feel it is a very pleasant and sportsman way of get to know other people who like what we all like, the outdoors.

I do not think you will get far with this argument. C.K. is a great guy. He helps people and putting signs up for a get together is a great idea. We had signs at one of our events I helped put on this year. It was a blast and it was for kids. We had signs all the way out to the major road close by.

Welcome to F.M., but I feel with a first post like this, you have a major objective in mind and I think you are treading on some major thin ice.

By the images C.K. posted, it shows he put on a professional gathering. Thanks for putting the images up C.K…

I do think it is best we all just stop responding to this thread (IMO). I know I am.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Yup I was there, theBear must have this mixed up with another outing he saw. no fires, or drunkeness was going on at all, lots of kids, and kids at heart too were having fun and getting some panfish . and plenty of room to fish. We were all off the lake before dark and the most eventful thing I can remember is getting my van stuck at the accsess in the slush! crazy.gif

Great pics, thanks for the memories Crappie Keith! We should plan another one for next year and show the nay sayers we know how to put on a good get together! grin.gif

It was fun showing the kids how to lift the fish and watch them as they put those methods to use and caught fish.

Our group of 40 had a blast with good eats and good natured ribbing.

Guys, it's not about one party. Think about the original concept and get on with it!

If and when I discover a hotspot on a lake, I accept the fact that 1) it won't be good forever, 2) if I found it, others will find it too, and 3) I will keep looking for other hotspots everytime I'm out fishing. There are days when even the fish in the hotspots won't bite, in which case I need to find some fish that will bite.

Not rocket science, yet. TFLTF, I still detect an attitude of ownership in your posts - my opinion only - while you claim we forget to keep our mouths shut about your lake, it seems you refuse to accept the fact that it's our lake, not yours alone.

Let's go fishing and put this behind us. Kind of revealing to re-read the entire thread though - learning all kinds of new things about certain folks.

And we need to get on with it? LOL.

Seriously Heartman, I am not going to get back into this and F.Y.I, I could careless what you think of me on this site.

It's not about ownership, it's about advertising specific lakes that we are concerned about. You can try to change the topic all you want, but I think some on here actually can read and understand our intention.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If anyone wants to discuss the merits of sharing information on lakes please take it to the outdoor discussion forum.

Thanks.