• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

*HSO 2008 Turkey Contest Team Scores*

Borch

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

HSO 2008 Forums Turkey Contest Teams

(Updated 5/11/08)

Boss Tom's #1 Team Score = 186.225

Riverhuntfish (Y)

CNY Lee

delzz7---74.1

Deitz Dittrich---52.78

Sorgy---59.345

bmc

Tumblin Toms #2 Team Score = 152.515

fishermuskie---63.605

MJCatfishJR (Y)---18.75

Dan Brelje

123fish---20.25

mnmuzzleloader---49.91

MJCatfish

Tom Terminators #3 Team Score = 178.35

badfish

huntingmaxima---65.9625

Cooter

Sabo38---55.2

DonBo---57.1875

fishnhooks

Team Four Skins #4 Team Score = 45

LABS4ME

Jackpine Rob---26

Setterguy

Browning24 (Y)---19

Powerstroke

Long Beard Assassins #5 Team Score = 245.1025 *WINNER*

Tippman---59.08

8point (Y)---30.9 *WINNER YOUTH*

Hoyt4---67.2

Mnpurple---61.125

Sticknstring---14 *CONSOLATION PRIZE*

Paintbrush---57.6975

Strut Busters #6 Team Score = 145.15

Mozy

SlamNFish

Klecker

Wallydog---49.4

Woody1975---19.5

eric29---76.25 **WINNER HIGHEST IND. SCORE*

Strut Zone #7 Team Score = 73.675

Huntmup

Nightcrawler---46.675

Jackpine Jr (Y)---27

RogerMN

outfishedagain

Papa Grump

Black Beard and His Men #8 Team Score = 87

PierBridge

birdswacker

2044Mustang---62

slayer73

shiner2367---25

Jakes or Better #9 Team Score = 122.375

Greybeard53---63

FrontenacPike

Schmidty

Green Diver

elevatorguy---59.375

Good Luck to everyone!

Team 6 - Lets hear some ideas!

Where are you hunting?

We are 349A - Waited a long time for these tags.

DL

Originally Posted By: shiner2367
Team 8 all the way! Any ideas for names............

You are the team captain so you pick anything un-related to Brett Farve that you want...... grin.gif

Gobble gobble gobble.....339-h.

Originally Posted By: woody1975
Team 6 - Lets hear some ideas!

Where are you hunting?

We are 349A - Waited a long time for these tags.

DL

I got a surplus tag in 235...I think, I'll have to check. Got a surplus in the same area last year and arrowed a mature tom. Hopefully I'll pull off a repeat this year. Good luck!

Quote:
ou are the team captain so you pick anything un-related to Brett Farve that you want......

Captain? Who died and left that privilege to me grin.gif

I was thinking:

"we miss #4"

"#4 is the greatest of all time"

"#4 is better than #13"

Ok, I'm done...........I don't want to start anything, I was kidding of course.

"beard blasters"

"pot scratchers"

"full strut"

"spur seekers"

Anybody else?

O.K. Team Two here is my name suggestion. Team Spring Mayhem... it not only covers what your favorite load will do to a gobbler's noggin but also everything else that usually comes with Spring turkey hunting such as weather (my truck was totaled out by hail in Nebraska last spring), vehicle problems, stuff you forget to bring, your turkey hunting screwups, ect. Anybody else have a name suggestion?

I'll be hunting north central Nebraska Apr.18-21.

How about it team 9...

Where are we hunting???

I will be hunting in the Black Hills Apr. 23 to 27 and by Houston,MN May 16 till I have to go home.

And any name suggestions???

Good luck evryone.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Originally Posted By: elevatorguy

I will be hunting in the Black Hills Apr. 23 to 27 and by Houston,MN May 16 till I have to go home.

Good luck everyone.

I'll have to get a report from you then. Looks like I'll be in the Hills from April 30th til May 4th.

Yeah I will tell you what I can.

This year we are staying by Rapid City cause we now know someone in area all private with all National Forest behind it by Piedmont. We are gonna hunt there more this year cause he is always sending me pictures of birds in his yard. We hunted there a little last year and my Dad hit one but we couldn't find it. And no we didn't hunt in his yard even though we wanted to.. Just over 3 weeks and counting....

Team 3 Rocks! Everyone else get out of the way.

Wisconsin, Zone 19, May 7-11. Last year we shot a 23 and 25 pounder on two new farms. Can't wait to get back...

Quote:
Team 3 Rocks! Everyone else get out of the way.

Wisconsin, Zone 19, May 7-11. Last year we shot a 23 and 25 pounder on two new farms. Can't wait to get back...

I'll be WI May 7-11 also, Zone 37 - its infested with turkeys....however I have two others in my group and I'm gonna be the last to pull the trigger. If not I'm going online today to buy a leftover tag for last season Zone 20.

Hey Dietz, looks like we're on the same team again! Suppose we can carry over some of last year's first place finish "mojo" for this year? I've got zone 19 May 7-11 this year in WI, same as last year. It'll be a little more exciting this year though as my 9 year old daughter will be in the blind w/ me. Hopefully she'll be a good luck charm!

For a team name how about "Spurs Up"? Let's go Team 1!

Brian

BMC:

Deitz is going to have me along as dead-weight, preventing the Team 1 New World Order! How should I foul him up this year? grin.gif

Joel

Joel, Joel, Joel,

I have the utmost faith in Team #1 Member Dietz and know that he will overcome any "bad karma" you bring to the spring turkey woods when you guy's are out. Maybe if yer real nice, Dietz will spare a little of Team #1's "mojo" so you'll get a CHANCE at a bird! LOL

Brian

I still feel bad about last year. We had two longbeards coming in strong. I whacked the lead bird, and we never got a chance at the second one that was sort of straggling. I think the 2nd bird caught some of our movement and strayed a bit. Three more days of hard hunting never brought a bird within range.

That was a new area for us both however. This year we're in my backyard, but it's late season. We'll see what happens.

Camcorder is a good tip actually. Can also do well with broad-based cocky statements that have jinxed me in the past:

• "I know this area like the back of my hand" - Invariably I will be come disoriented and relatively lost

• "These birds are going to plop down right in our lap" - They will fly over your strut-zone, across the road, and into the thickest, most unlikely LZ you would ever imagine

• "Oh yeah, he's coming right in" - Oh yeah, he'll come in behind us and handcuff the both of us.

• "Yesterday they.......or last week I saw 8 gobblers do....... - They will do the opposite of whatever you said!

Joel

Joel, how do you camo up your camcorder? I was thinking of using one of my old masks, using the eye hole for the lens. I don't think my fiance would like it if I camo-duct taped it up.....

Fiance huh?

Tape it up. This will be just one in a string of many turkey hunting-related disappointments in your many years together, so it won't seem like such a big deal years down the road. You'll look back at this later and laugh. She won't, but you will \:\)

In all seriousness, I'm not a big filmer of turkey hunts. People get angry with me for dropping the camera when a tom comes into range or not following it. Unless I'm in a blind, if I think there is any chance whatsoever of that bird busting us because of my movements, camera noise, whatever, I'll simply quit filming so we can kill the turkey.

Might want to ask someone else here that does more filming. At the same time, I'm not a big fan of the covers. Invariably, they will end up on the edge of your screen and/or partially covering your lens. I suppose if you taped it tight around the edge it might work?

The no-mar camo gun tape comes off easy enough, I'd go ahead and test that stuff on the underside, see how well it peels off. Or just go for it, that's probably the route I'd take. If it doesn't come off, you have a much more distinctive camera that people will pay attention to for easier filming.

Joel

I'm telling her "this is what Joel does" tonight when I get home grin.gif

I think I will test it on the underside and see how that works, and if it comes of neatly I'll go for it.

Thanks!

Dudes with the litteraly 100's of birds I have taken in my lifetime, I dont need any luck or any mojo.. I took my team to victory last year, and I highly doubt anybody will stop me from doing so again this year. I am quite possibly the best turkey killin machine to ever walk the crust of the earth. World domination is my goal!

I hope anyone that reads this understands that I have yet to kill one of these stupid birds, and that this was said in joke

LOL, that's the attitude Deitz!!! With that attitude you won't even have to carry a weapon or call into the woods. Just a few mouth yelps and the ol' boss of the woods with 5 10" beards, 2" spurs, and 30 lbs on the hoof will waddle right up to you and fall over dead in your lap from fear of you being in his area!!!

I'm planning on being in my same spot as last year where I had 3 misses w/ a nice tom. I'm planning on him still being there, coming in that first morning to about 10 yards, and impaling himself on my arrow that I'm gonna stick out by the hen decoy, nock down!!! Yep that's how it gonna go down on May 7th! Then again if he's still there, he'll probably walk by out of range and laugh him self to death seeing my blind and decoys. Either way, he's mine!!!! Hopefully!

Brian