• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

any fantasy goobers out there?

Dahitman44

Yeah I am one.

Got three Twins. 10 teams 5x5.

Auction style --

Justin $40 (too much oh well)

Gomez $2 (a ton of steals if he gets on base)

Boof $1

Think I got too many to handle this year. I have 6 teams, 4 H2H scoring, 2 cumulative scoring. One is a designated "Twins only" team. Looking forward to seeing how that one does! \:\)

i don't auction much, but i won 3/5 leagues i was in last year. and have 7 teams this year....makes it hard to choose who to root for.

also i am trying the "pitching and speed" theory on one of my teams. if properly executed you win minimum 6-4 every week. you avoid superstar batters and pick the best starters/closers. the only time you pick offense is if you have to reach too far for a pitcher and then you pick someone with a ton of speed. by the time your team is assembled you should win every pitching category (5) and SB's (1) for the win.

We will draft for the 20th season of our auction league on Saturday. We have seven teams in our league, so we have to limit the MLB teams we draft from. We only draft from the AL Central and AL West (9 MLB teams).

Hitman...a bit high on Justin...if your 10 team league is AL only, you got good deals with Gomez and Boof...and Justin isn't that much of a stretch. If you are all of MLB, Boof is a stretch...but Gomez can be useful for steals at that price.

CrappiesNCats...that can be a very effective strategy in a head-to-head league...I have seen it work. Don't panic during those weeks that you do have a couple bad pitching outings and don't get all those pitching points...it will happen...but long haul it can work.

CrappiesNCats,

I have won the H2H league I'm it for the last 3 years running on that exact same idea, pitching and speed. You won't blow anyone away, but you'll be consistant. You'll have your down weeks but don't worry. All you have to do is MAKE the playoffs, anything can happen from there!