• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Northern run rookie

Never tried that and it sounds like fun. Thinking about sneaking up there -- any idea how, when where what?

Any information would be nice.

Kinda looking forward to trying it.

Hit

How?.....Tip-ups thru the ice, long rods once the lake/bays open.

When?....Now and into the first part of May.

Where?...All the tribs and larger dithes/creeks that flow into the pond see a run. The S shore of Muskeg bay, Zipple Bay, Bostic and 4mile bays all have good fishing/catching potential.

How?....Big baitfish of one type or another be it a live Minnow or a dead fish rigged on a Quick-strike rig.

fiskyknut

Hittman, try carlson ditch, swiftditch, or right at the mouth of the warroad river. 6 feet - 12feet of water is a good start, and everything fiskynut said.

Hit, where are you planning on going?? I'm heading out next weekend to try for some pike out of Warroad, I usually head out a little deeper than everyone else and I do pretty good. I'll let you know how we do. We usually use big suckers and set some dead bait, usually smelt. Suckers always worked better for me.