• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm sure you saw it Rick but I also put this in the "Daily Updates of Ice Conditions".

Went out of state access today on madison 6:30 am no slush all firmed up from when I was out there friday evening which was getting kind of messy. I'm sure the mild temps and rain didnt help it today though. Still nearly 28 inches of ice where I was but probably last time I'll drive out as I'M sure the access will only get worse as the work goes on and I will not have time till thurs night or Friday.

I'm not to excited about all the walking I will have to do to make it out fishing, but driving is deffinatly out, and the lakes are going to clear out for the last of the ice season from now on. Anyways I could sure use the exercise, or a 4 wheeler......

You say that, but I did go ice fishing in shorts a few years ago! It was close to 70 deg. out. Shore seperated that day. West Fancis, Had to jump around 10ft to shore, only a foot deep though. Sure made for a nice day. grin.gif Reminds me of spring, off shore sight fishin'. Just around the corner now! ;\)

Was out on Big Jefferson yesterday, Wed March 19th. I go off a private access so I have no idea what the public is like, but I will say you won't see me driving out there anymore. Augered a few holes and man is that ice getting soft. Makes for quick augering though. I measured 20" in the spot that I fished. (Yes with a tape Measure) The week before I fished the same spot and there was 28". (also with a tape measure).

I don't think i'll be ice fishing in shorts anytime soon, but I will be the last one up in the far bay, I can't see to many people making that hike from the public. Be safe

Jamison, I had every other piece of clothing with me, I just forgot my shorts. I never even put on my bibs, and I ended up with wet pants, shorts would have solved that problem.....