• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
carpshooterdeluxe

big stone ice?

carpshooterdeluxe

hows the ice on big stone? especially the north 10 miles of the lake; are the access getting sloppy? do i need an extension on the auger? hoping to get out saturday.

ortonville

everything was fine as of last night 3/12.no you dont need an extension but it is close 2 or 3 inches to go.top 2 inches looked milky but after that good clear ice.unless you know of a good tip i wouldnt bother driving to the north end has been better south

carpshooterdeluxe

thanks ortonville; you might have just saved me some gas...ive got some spots on the south end i will try then; if we dont go snow goose hunting that is. still havent made up my mind. how bout any of the other lakes? any crappies or perch on lakes with "flooded roads" or "narrows" ?? cool.gif

ortonville

i am not sure about the flooded road lake i was out that way but there was not much happening there a week ago.the narrow lake ya we fished it on sunday and monday and did ok for the crappies but a lot of small ones. hardley anyone out there only 1 other guy besides the guys i was with.but it is hard to get on unless you drive from the south.or take a left when you get to the fork in the road on the east side and that was getting soft and muddy with it being private iam sure that will come to an end.i did see some snows fly over bigstone tonite that where not to high.shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and i will give you a cell # if you decide to fish we have been doing ok on the perch

vexi

hey carpshooterdeluxe, I was out on that "flooded road lake" you speak of. Did pretty good on the crappies last night out by the sunken island with the wood sticking through the ice on the west side of the highway. I was the only one on the lake.

carpshooterdeluxe

fishin gear never made it out of moms garage...but the shotguns did...took a lot of waiting and sitting and waiting and sitting but some whiteys fell to the hevi shot this morning.

Slabby

What size are crappies?

lac qui parle has mostly 9"-10" with occasional 12-14"er.

carpshooterdeluxe

Originally Posted By: Slabby
What size are crappies?

lac qui parle has mostly 9"-10" with occasional 12-14"er.

i havent been able to find a crappie over 11" all year. and too many people werent looking too hard for anything over 8". needless to say i havent even had a fish fry this year; but then again i havent been trying too hard with all the yotes and fox to shoot, and now snows!

Slabby

thanks carp

I just haven't fished big stone a lot and never fished for or caught a crappie there.

ortonville

there are very few as next to no crappies in big stone. i think carp was thinking of another lake.i drove out on big stone tonight it we be a while before i have to dig the plake out i think.carp the area is full of the white birds