• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reports on the Wheelers area

I am heading to wheelers tomorow. Just wondering if anybody has been fishing that area lately and how you did. Please let me know and fill me in on what color is the hot one to go with. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Our group fished that area 7th-11th and had to really move to find fish. Rental strings are starting to move in from the deeper water though, so maybe they are getting ready for the bite. Our biggest fish was 19", not like last year.(yet)We did not much luck jigging, we caght most our fish on dead sticks, red hooks, white jigs ,pink jigs 3-6" off bottom.

Try deep 33', we did fairly well mid morning until 3 p.m. We would then move shallow 24' and caught some fish in this depth. We were in portables so we moved frequent and away from people..