• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zipple

fisherslanding

Heading up Friday AM and wondering if we shovel the spots around where we drill the hole can I get through without an extension? Should have good weather this weekend!! Hope to come home with limits!. See you in the clean house.....

Thats what I did last weekend with my Strikemaster and got

through in the nick of time.

I would bring an extension. Some ice you will make it through some you wont. Snow pack is fairly deep in some spots. We just got back and had augers with and without extensions, glad we had extensions on.

My friend was up Sunday and where thin snow he couldn't get thru. He had to go to thicker snowpack and shovel down and then he got thru.

Well I'm going to chance it. One of the other guys in our group should have one. What street is everyone going off of?

I was up last Thursday thru Sunday.

8 Miles out of zipple the ice was 40 inches for us.

Sifty

Whats the recent report out of Zipple? Our spring break is next week and my friend is taking his father and younger sister up hoping she can get her first walleye! Just curious as to depths to target and possibly a couple lure suggestions... Not looking for specific spots, just a couple pointers, Thanks!

We did our best with a plain hook in differnet colors.

Seemed red worked the best then green then glow.

All on deadsticks.

We only caught two fish jigging both on small perch colored jigging raps.

Sifty

When we were up last week I dead sticked one pole and bounced a jig off the bottom with the other one, it seemed to help. there was 4 of us and the 2 that were in the house next to us didn't do as good as we did bouncing one off the bottom then letting it set for a little while before doing it again.

Originally Posted By: fisherslanding
Well I'm going to chance it. One of the other guys in our group should have one. What street is everyone going off of?

Yea good idea - those dang extensions take up so much room in the vehicle...would rather chance it and go without and then find out I can't get through and my buddy also decided he didn't have room for his either!

Sorry for the comment, but I see this everytime where people ask about the extension and it just seems to me a no brianer to me...I got mine in the truck right now...it is in my truck year round! Don't get mad at me, I just had to chuckle again and thought I would throw in a little humor...probably very little humor!! \:\)