• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fisherman For a Lifetime

(Sweet) Fishing Report - 3/11

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Went out of Bayport and went north to meet Big Jeff and then Fish-n-sticks (sorry, spelled wrong I bet). Later Wall-i-king showed up for a while. What a great bunch of guys!!!!

Big Jeff had the hole & the jig. He pulled up several keeper sized Crappies. Fish-n-sticks caught a couple, but one sure was tiny... grin.gif Come to find out at the end we went to High School together and in the same Homeroom.

I was skunked for the longest time and was already hearin' it, how the posts "would" have been.........

Ah, then, when it was looking so bleak, like I was gonna get skunked and humiliated on this site:

Down went the bobber. I set the hook hard and the reel was screaming so I tightened up the drag when the rod was high keepin' the tension there.

Big Jeff kindly ran over. I caught a 15 1/4" Crappie! 15 1/4"!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

What a feeling! I was VINDICATED!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

Took a cell phone picture next to a 10" keeper Crappie. It looked like a dwarf.

She was a P I G. 5 3/4" high with a 2 2/3" high Mouth.

Wow. I still have my reputation.

tunrevir

Nice slab there my friend!

Tunrevir~

blueroof

Nice fish..! Sllaaabbbb! Beat probably 30% of the folks chasing them on Red this year. LB

eyesnfries

Hey! It's eyesnfries! not fishnsticks! You guys are a hoot. Had a great time fishin and meeting some fellow FMers. Big Jeff schooled us with the numbers but Fisher for a lifetime got the same poundage in 1 fish! Man what a piggie! That's why I like the river.

We'll have to keep an eye on the ice for Sun.

Good luck up north Jeff!

Big Jeff

Well what a day on the ice, very nice out but a little shaky on the ice, its is still thick, some where finding 32 inches but in a couple of my holes I found 24" or a little more, must be the current of a spring.

Nice to meet! Wall-i-king, Fisherman For a Lifetime, and eyesnfries. All good guys and man do they like to watch me catch fish! ;\) Now seriously everyone was getting a couple but Fisherman For a Lifetime and he was feeling the pressure of the fellow FMer's out there, having nightmares about how the post where going to be written today. He was working hard but they just where not being friendly. Then just as it getting a little dark I see him run over and grab his pole and start reeling, sure enough he pulls the monster of the day out and I am feeling a little inadequate with my pile of 7 all over ten. Good work Fisherman For a Lifetime!!!!

Not going to make it out until after the weekend heading off to chase the northern MN crappies. Good luck on the ice and good to meet all of you!!!

I do hope to make it out next week sometime so if you would keep me up to date I would appreciate it! Thanks

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Oops - never saw your name posted & couldn't remember it exactly! grin.gif

What a rush! Usually go to sleep right away, but last night it took an hour I was so pumped!

MidCoast

Wow, 15 inch crappie.. NIce..

Shack

Cool report dudes!!!

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Figured how to send it to e-mail & post - here is the 15 1/4" Crappie next to a smaller 10" keeper Crappie.....

14o0z2x.jpg

BigWadeS

Nice SLAB!!! ;\)

b1gf1sh1

nice slab. but now some poor ole' muskie gonna go hungry grin.gif . man i can't wait for spring.

Big Jeff

Glad you got the pic for proof, I just got beck from the boarder country Fishing for a lifetime and we had some good times, first day the group brought 48 keepers home, average was around 11" but some 9-10 but also a lot of 12-13 and 2 14" Sunday the group was smaller but the fish where not as active either. We brought 21 back but they where a little smaller on average but still some very nice fish caught both days. Its always fun when you can fish then eat a fish dinner then fish eat a fish lunch and stil send 4 guys home with limits. Good luck one the ice hoping to get out and chase them a little more before the ice is out

Fisherman For a Lifetime

Hey welcome back Big Jeff!!

Good times up there!

If we don't get out on the ice, let's get out in the Boat and bring eyesnfries with us!

Ice out is coming up and we can hit some Crappies & Catfish.....