• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm headed up to Stu's this coming weekend. Any other FMers going to be up there? I know he's got a lot of people coming up, just wondering if any of "the regulars" from this forum will be there???

Ray1, myself and two others are heading up on thursday night. look forward to meeting you guys.

Hey levi good to see your still alive. grin.gif If your interested I think there is still room for one more. We had one guy back out so let us know.

I suppose you need a passport to cross now?

I wish I could, I am actually heading to mile lacs to chase some perch! Good luck boys! Next year I am going to have to head up there with you guys!

Originally Posted By: walleyes12
I suppose you need a passport to cross now?

I wish I could, I am actually heading to mile lacs to chase some perch! Good luck boys! Next year I am going to have to head up there with you guys!

No passport needed yet. Just a birth cert. and DL. Wow, perch instead of HAWG greenies, someone has to get their priorities straight eek.gif

I will be heading up with Ray and John. Look forward to seeing you up there Scoot! Should be a fun time for all!

just a note. Increased ID's is to RE-ENTER the US. It is not a Canadian thing.

Hello to all, I'm heading up to stay with Stu March 18-21st. This will be my first time up there. We are very excited about the trip. We have plans to take an enclosed trailer with sleds and a couple of otter houses behind. Just wandering if anyone would like to help me out with different lures that I should have in the box and anything I should know before we head up there. Thanks and I appreciate any info that will help us first timers out.

Hello to all, I'm heading up to stay with Stu March 18-21st. This will be my first time up there. We are very excited about the trip. We have plans to take an enclosed trailer with sleds and a couple of otter houses behind. Just wandering if anyone would like to help me out with different lures that I should have in the box and anything I should know before we head up there. Thanks and I appreciate any info that will help us first timers out.

Thanks for the well-wishes fellas.

It'll be great to meet a few of you fellas. Sounds like I'll be in Cabin #3, so feel free to stop by and say hello. I've fished on the river lots up there, but the lake deal will be new to me too. It should be a blast!

I'll be up on Thurs night- see ya up there.

Dock boy i would bring lots of jigging spoons in glow reds, glow white, glow pink, and gold will be some good colors. Also if you fish the river you will need some 1/2 -3/4 oz. The lake 1/4- 3/8 oz should be ok.

stu can also jump in but ...here goes

chubby's fire tiger perch...orange/gold

thumpers and whistlers

buckshot spoons orange and also chartruese

silver pimples

salmo zippers or rattlin raps can also be good

and throw in a few blade baits just in case

oops also forgot.....clown or black silver jigging raps can also be hot.....

Well... it's Fri and I'm still at home. I've got a sick little boy and we had a pretty rough day and night. His fever is much better, but he's developed a cough that sounds like a barking seal and it's obviously really painful for him when he coughs. So, not sure if I'll be headed North or not. He'd have to make a pretty big turn around in the next 10 hours for me to feel good enough to take off. Bummer, but what do ya do? I hope all of you headed up there have a great trip and find some bigguns.

Isn't that the way it goes Scoot? We've had a similar sickness running through our place this week as well...

I hope he feels better soon! And even better, in 10 hours!

marine_man

sorry to hear that Scoot. The crud has been going around. FWIW, I spent the last couple weeks taking care of my daughter and wife with the flu. My daughter had that nasty cough and high fever for almost two weeks. If your son has the same virus, look for a second wave. My daughter was sick for 3/4 days, got better for a day or two, then got sick again for another 4-5. It was miserable. Now of course I have a cough....

I'll think of you tomorrow while I'm trying to pull up a tullibee, hacking my lungs out.

Yep, the cruddy bugs are everywhere right now. Funny Dead, but I didn't read your post until now- wish I woulda seen it before I made the 4 1/2 hour drive North last night only to turn right around this morning when that 2nd wave set in. He seemed to be 100% better yesterday when I left for Stu's- dancing around, goofing off with Grandpa, etc. However, my parents were up all night with him, my dad got sicker than heck during the night (he wasn't feeling quite right when we showed up, so he can't blame me on that one), and my mom was really shot when I called this morning when I called to check in. Naive me, I expected to hear, "All is well... have fun fishing". She said I should just stay and fish, but I couldn't have had any peace of mind or enjoyed it one bit knowing I was ditching out on my sick little dude and sticking my parents with the task. Oh well, that's just how the ball bounces some times...

I feel a lot better now that I'm home and we've seen the Dr.- ear infection, pink eye, terrible cough. Definitely the right call for me to be home with him.

So... any and all fishing reports I give will be second hand info. I'm sure I'll get some pics and all the info I get will be accurate. I'll post what I hear on Tues or so.

that's too bad the trip didn't work out, but at least you're home to take care of the little guy. Get well soon!

Any recent reports boys. Headed North early tuesday morning for a couple of days. First timer. We are fishing the lake. How do you guys go about fishing the lake. I know thier is not much structure, so do you just head out thier and start moving around. 15-20 minutes in a spot and then move 100 yards. Thanks for the help and all other info is also appreciated. Take care and see you on the lake

I talked to my crew last night and they had a tough day yesterday. They had some equipment failures that cost them an hour or more in the morning. Then they found a tough bite throughout the day. They moved and worked hard, but didn't find a decent bite. 8 fish for 11 guys for our group. Sounds likea group a few hundred yards from one of their spots did a little better, but not great. Stu was out and it sounds like he struggled too. They'll be back out today and tomorrow and I'd guess they'll find fish at some point- they work too hard to not find some active fish. The fish are there too- reports have mostly been from decent to very good, depending on the day. Yesterday just wasn't their day though.

Scoot:

You did have Rman bring along the portable cd player and the ever popular Disco Fever cd. Should be able to jig them greenies right up while playing that.... \:\)

Hopefully Jr. is feeling better.

WG

Well 3 of us just got back and the fishing wasnt the greatest but was ok. We ended up catching about 30 on fri, 15 on sat, and 30 or so on sunday. The biggest i caught was a 26 incher. Staying at Stus was great. We had a good time except for all the broken equipment from the rough ride on the lake. Most of the fish were 16-20 inches. If your heading up there dont forget the gold and red #6 chubby darter. We fished anywhere from 10-17 feet of water. I stopped over to visit with you Scoot but you were already gone.

Ray, Did you guys fish the mouth mostly or did you head all over the lake. We are leaving early tommarrow morning fishing for a few days. We hope to get into a few fish and hope to get a trophy. Glad you guys had a good time. Stu said we drive about 12 mile north from his place and then park and drive sleds about 8 miles. Are the trails marked or you just follow the other tracks. Was thier many people out their? Thanks for all your help any info is helpful. This is our first trip up. Thanks

Yeah Ray, I looked forward to meeting you, Loren, and the crew. However, duty called at home and I couldn't stay. I wished we could have shot the bull and swapped reports a little bit. This trip just wasn't meant to be for me...

A big, fat thanks to Stu- he took great care of us per usual. I greatly appreciate his usual good care of us, but I also appreciate him being very understanding of my messed up coming and going due to my son being sick. Good to see you again, Stu!

fish are biting ok. Should be a good week coming up. I guess it better be cause its the last one!