• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ok, this may sound pretty petty, but I've been burned...literally, by the dog days of summer staying at a place without air. Our last vacation was 5 years back in Park Rapids and it was 100F at 11:00 at night without a breeze. It sucked big time, we actually left early since the lake was in full bloom from the heat. It was horrible!

Does anyone know of any decent resorts on Cass that have a good beach, cabins with air, and decent digs?

It seems like we get a wish list of resorts on here every week... There two things I would do. First try to do a search on the Cass forum to see all the different threads about the local resorts. Then second I would check with Horseshoe Resort, Wishbone Resort or Sunset Cove. They are the sponsors here on FM. There are other resorts out there on Cass, but these three put their time and money into this website. I hope this helps and if you have any further questions feel free to drop me an email in my sig below.

Horseshoe: (877) 634-1078

Wishbone: (218) 335-2320

Sunset Cove: (218) 335-2480

Good Luck...

Beef

Hawk,

I would second Wishbone and Horseshoe. Our family stays in about 4 cabins (25 people)and most of them are either brand new or remodeled and many have ac. Ours is only two years old and while it does not have ac it has ceiling fans in every room and they do a pretty good job. The only problem with Wishbone might be availability! I know that we go the last week of July and the first week of August and they are booked solid. Our overflow of family has stayed at the Horseshoe and some are staying there this year as well. Clark has done a great job at the Horseshoe since taking it over several years ago and he has remodeled many of the cabins and built new ones as well and many have ac as well. I can not speak for Sunset Cove but you can't go wrong at the Horseshoe or Wishbone!

Windy

Thanks guys, we ended up booking at Lost Acres on Kitchi and found a couple of cabins, one with air, for the last week of July. I was hard to find a two cabins on the main lake during July (as expected).

If it gets too ungodly hot we'll need to break out some cots for the in-laws to sleep in (they took the one without air). I haven't fished Kitchi in 20 years so it should be interesting. I figured it would likely have a better panfish bite for the kids and I'd still be able to run to Cass if need be. We'll see, we just might start a family tradition!

So what kind of walleye pattern exists on the lakes in the latter days of summer? Would a guy do any good corking with a crew in the evening or trolling plugs over the flats?

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter
Hawk,

I would second Wishbone and Horseshoe. Our family stays in about 4 cabins (25 people)and most of them are either brand new or remodeled and many have ac. Ours is only two years old and while it does not have ac it has ceiling fans in every room and they do a pretty good job. The only problem with Wishbone might be availability! I know that we go the last week of July and the first week of August and they are booked solid. Our overflow of family has stayed at the Horseshoe and some are staying there this year as well. Clark has done a great job at the Horseshoe since taking it over several years ago and he has remodeled many of the cabins and built new ones as well and many have ac as well. I can not speak for Sunset Cove but you can't go wrong at the Horseshoe or Wishbone!

Windy

Hawk,

I would vote for the second choice and keep it shallow. Good Luck, you will have to fight me for those elusive walleye as our family will be up there the last week of July as well! LOL

Windy

• 4 weeks later...

You might also consider Lake Andrusia right next to Cass. Check out Finn-n-Feather resort. Really nice cabins with AIR and lots of trees will all keep you cool.

I stay on Andrusia every winter for a week. Awesome fishing, and awesome people.