• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bow Sights

maros91

I am planning a getting a new bow here soon and was wondering what everyone has for sights. On my old bow I had thee 'ol iron sights. What do people have now, Tru Glow, Laser sights or anything else? And how much was your sight?

Hey Biff,

I have a HHA single pin adjustable sight which ive sighted to my range finder bushnell yardage pro.I like the single fiber optic pin its glow green. Most compounds today can shoot 0 to 30 yds one pin. I have marks on the sight out to 50 yds. I cant quite remember the cost i had it since 1999 but it was around 40.00 to 50.00 dollars.

How this sight works is you slide the back post up or down and it moves the front pin. I hope that helps. Shoot straight.

I might add i have a Mathews MQ1 which has served me well all these years. I get about 270 ft per second and have always had pass throughs. I love this bow so much i cant get myself to buy a new one it's almost like a good old huntin dog. It's never let me down.

Montana gold,copper john, or trophy ridge. (5 pin sights) anywhere from 100 to 200 $$

I have a Copper John Dead Nuts Pro... love the sight, very easy to adjust and plenty bright...

Like Slammin' I also shoot an HHA adjustable sight. HHA makes great products and they're really easy to work with if you have an issue or any questions. I've had no problems with my HHA products, but I have had numerous questions. I've called them up and they're been really great- easy to sit down and just shoot the bull with them on the phone.

Has anyone tried the Summit Hot Dot?

I am thinking about getting one, but I am waiting until the updated model comes out. It sounds like they had a few minor problems that they fixed.

Originally Posted By: Biff Tannen
I am planning a getting a new bow here soon and was wondering what everyone has for sights. On my old bow I had thee 'ol iron sights. What do people have now, Tru Glow, Laser sights or anything else? And how much was your sight?

Take a look at the Impact Archery sights. I own two of them the Air Lite DX and the Fiber Tech.

One thing you might want to consider is the housing the pin is in. I have a fiber optic pin that is housed in a dark metal ring. When I bought the sight I thought the dark housing would just make the pin brighter. I looked through a friends sight the other day. He has a fiber optic pin housed in a clear plastic ring. The clear plastic seemed to allow more light to the fibers making the pin brighter than mine. Enough so I am considering buying a different sight.

I have an Extreme multi-pin and like it a lot. It's probably not as bright as a few of the one-pin sights, but still plenty bright enough. I also have a light at the (back) end of the fibers that really glows those pins during last light.

Personally I like to avoid anything that uses plastic. The plastic ones might be plenty strong enough, but I feel better knowing mine's metal.

Like SlamNFish said, most of the bows today are fast enough that you don't need more than a couple of pins out to 40 yards.

HHA OL-5019. Made the switch to a single pin slider last year and won't go back.

Check out the higher end Cobra sights(made by sureloc) or surelocs themselves. I've had the Cobra sight on my last two bows and will put it on my new bow this spring. I also like the Toxonics and Viper hunting sights.

I have a Tru Glo Extreme 5 pin with .029 pins and a light. It cost about $45, is bight and you don't need the light but the fibers are a pain to replace. I am thinking about upgrading to a Sword Twilight hunter 5 pin with .019 pins. Have heard many good things about the Sword and it is about $85. There are many good sights out there. Make sure the fibers are protected if you get a sight with fibers.

I have the HHA optimizer .19 single pin on 2 of my bows and my 13 and 10 year old sons have the older HHA hand me downs from my old bows. They are all rock solid. The last one I bought was about $140-160 but they do make some cheaper styles.

I was looking at the bass pro archery catalog and that cobra slider sight looks like a dandy.

When i bought my HHA optimizer it was around the time the MQ1 Bow came out. But it's never failed me. When i upgrade on Bows i'll upgrade my sight even though they pretty much do the same thing put you on target.

Vital Bow Gear Oracle for me. put it on the last 2 bows runs about 100. only 3 pins, bright with 3 feet fiber optic on each pin. made out of all aluminum not plastic.