• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MNfan you know where I'm talking about. Are you from Barnesville? What's your name?

We caught sunfish there in december, but nothing big. It was too early for crappies. I'm sure there has been a lot of people out there lately tho since walleyes closed.

We call it Lake Stupid. Used to be really good crappie and Large mouth fishing. If you have the Lowrance Map Create software it is named on there but would probably start a fire for a few people's honey hole. Can be really good but havent been there for a couple years.

hundreds of guys out there is the report I had heard earlier this year: Too bad because it had good potential to be a great producer, but guys are indeed raping the resource out there!

We called it Lake Stupid because you could be dumb as [PoorWordUsage] and still catch fish on it. First time I went there we did pretty bad. Seemed kind of ironic at the time.

the lake was a walleye rearing pond.....your mistaking if you think there are crappies in there.

vitalshot5-my buddy fishes it quite a bit and actually he said there are crappies,sunnies,walleye and bass. he could be wrong, that's why Im asking

I got a hot tip to go fish the lake for 15" crappies: Yup, the guy who took me out put me on his hotspot! His 15 inchers came up to about 9" on my tape! He thought they were bigger than that!????

There are crappies out there, and they are easy to find, they are just small: I won't be back out there so rape away! There are too many good lakes in the area to deal with the knot heads taking limits of 9" gills and 9" crappies: Had it been left alone it was amazing! I have one gill on the wall.....11.5" out of there, beautiful fish, covered an 8" hole: (Maybe that is why I am bitter now) leave the lake off the internet and leave it alone and it will produce: Maybe when I'm 70 I'll go back.

DLoutdoors, I think we all understand how you feel about posting lake names on the internet. Although I do not do so when it comes to small lakes, people are free to name lakes if they wish. Please try to refrain from name calling and making generalizations about people. I think we feel a little bit of bitterness/sinisism out of you which doesn't make for fun reading, which is what this website is about. Bottom line, if you have nothing nice to say, just don't say it at all.

There are a couple lakes off that county line road, one is panfish/bass the other has walleyes and gills. It is true that the one with panfish/bass has been hammered this year, and the gills can be large but all things cycle. It is a very shallow lake susceptible to winterkill so that is one thing to keep in mind. There are many large lakes in that area that hold nice panfish, Lizzie, Lida, Pelican, and Crystal to name a few, you just need to get out and find the fish.

I was just getting at the fact that there is crappies in there. There is no reason to get your panties in a bundle DL. Almost all lakes have crappies in them you just have to find them. As far as people rapeing the little pond, it happends to crappies everywhere. People just need to start letting the crappies go so they can spawn in the spring. DL talk with your local house and senate to see if you can do something about people keeping them 9 inchers, I DONT. Listen to the points fisherdog made too

Interesting that I get a "talking to" for name calling when I didn't do anything of the like, yet I get referred to as a women and wearing panties and that is o.k.?

Guess I will just not say anything at all.

Thank you

Originally Posted By: Icefisher23
MNfan you know where I'm talking about. Are you from Barnesville? What's your name?

Andy

You guys know how I feel about it.

It is nice to exchange information but I hate to see a small lake raped and destroyed by piles of people.

Just me I guess, but those kind of things upset Da Hitman.

DL this is the quote I was referring to about the name calling and generalizing "don't let the internet fisherman and citiots ruin it....again just my opinon." Let's just exchange information, and enjoy the site, it's not meant for bashing.

pretty touchy subject, But f-dog had a good point as to contact someone that has some authority to put some slots and special regulations on those lakes you speak of. If they are that productive they should be protected. In my opinion and this is for everyone who reads this, it doesn't take the internet for a lake to get overfished, word spreads no matter what media you are using.

You are exactly right leechbait, and if everyone gets together on this issue about protecting lakes and our fisheries we can get something like slot limits passed. Just my thaught on the matter.

F-Dog --

Don;t get me wrong I am NOT doing any name bashing, but I disagree with giving out too much info that can hurt a very small fishery. I suppose the Rape reference is a little over the top but I feel very strongly about this.

I think it is very important, however, that we can talk about this and agree to disagree. That is what makes this a good website.

Hit

All you guys are right about this subject of over fishing small lakes. As being new to the area, and not fished around here much, this website helps me find out info on lakes i never heard of. The DNR or legislators wont do anything unless we as sportsman push for it. But there is plenty of laws and rules that we agree and disagree with, and this one will just be anotherbig debate. As for myself i dont keep any fish to eat just love to fish. I will keep a wall hanger!! Support a farmer eat beef.

bak2MN- I hear you as I am almost always searching for a hawg, that is why I get edgy when Hog potentials get put out and guys eat "my" potential wall mounters :-) It's a dumb hang up and I do try to help guys out as much as I can, I'll keep fish for a couple of people who enjoy getting a meal of panfish, but if I am out to eat, I'll follow your logic and support a farmer :-)

I'm relatively new to the area so fire me a pm if you ever want to get out in the area.