• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Empty Well

Boat Price?

Empty Well

117-ML-161264-ML-

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      My transducer issue was during open water.   My hypothesis after several transducers was that freezing them after having been in the water damaged them.    Once I stopped letting them freeze then they stopped going bad.   Maybe some water was getting into them and causing damage when it froze.   The transducer in my Minnkota  US2 is fine with freezing.
    • Hunternitz
      I fished by the Lester area yesterday n today. I was in 75-78’ water. Had one school of coho’s chase my jig all the way to the bottom of the ice. I looked down the hole and was amazed by the fish just swarming around my jig and just nipping the tale. That was my very first time out there. Didn’t catch any, but seeing those fish made it all worth it. At Lester there is an Easier way out there if you go to the south side of the river. It’s an easier trail to follow out onto the lake. There must be some open water just north of there. There was a lot of mallards flying around and landing. ? 
    • Hunternitz
      Eagan Mn
    • Bigfatbert
      I don’t have what your requesting , but you can do just as I did to verify such changes by calling the Mn DNR at 651-296-6157 ... 
    • Wanderer
      When you rubbed your hand on the ducer before, did you notice a thin layer of ice on it?  I’m guessing No, with how you described the situation, but that can happen with a ducer that’s below freezing when you dunk it in the water.  It ruins sensitivity.     You’re open ice fishing, yes?  Not in the warmth of a house?  Like the others mentioned, could just be your graph doesn’t like the cold.  And it’s always better to have the depth range locked in than on auto.   Good luck Bob.
    • Walleye Guy
      Do you have a link to an article or regulation that shows the changes?
    • Wanderer
      Yeah, I think we’ve had enough.  The silver lining for me is I DONT plan on fishing this weekend.  But I do have to ready my sled for next weekend in ON.  I’m hoping the snow isn’t as bad up there.  Strange to think it’s a possibility but yeah, that’s how much we have in MN.   I kept my face plastered to the plane window going down to Denver on Monday.  The snow line peters out around the NE/CO border.  The only people not complaining about snow and cold at home were from CA!   I thought there was a noticeable lack of fishouses out on our MN lakes too.  I hope to get a good view of Mille Lacs when we come into Brainerd.  It was amazing how small the lake looked on the way out! 😄
    • smurfy
      so anyone know whats up with snowfighter???????? he hasnt posted in a long long time?????? hope all is well with him. my parents bought the cabin from his dad!!!!!!
    • Dusty
      good news, I heard earlier that it was under consideration.
    • artjaco
      Looking at the latest images, the lake looks pretty iced over... are there any areas of thin ice / open water to be found? Not looking to fish, need to test some safety gear with a group. Any river mouths open or areas between Duluth and Tettegouche?