• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bmc

Pine Island 3-9 report....

bmc

6 of us hit LOW yesterday, we rented houses out of Bayview Lodge like we always do. We were out about 6 miles in 33' of water. Tons of little saugers 6-8" that need to be reeled up very, very slowly and handled w/ care to be releases. After all, they'll be keepers in a few years! They were on the graph pretty much the entire day from 8am to 5pm. We ended up w/ 3 limits with a couple walleyes included. Also caught a few tulibees for the smoker and 1 11.5" sumo perch. TONS of fun on and off the ice. I'm hoping to make one more trip up before the ice leaves. Dead sticks w/ spring bobbers, a pink or green head glow demon and half a minnow worked best. I also caught a few on a small orange/gold forage minnow spoon and a minnow head.

Oh yeah, the guys that were snowmobiling out to the islands seemed to be coming back in around 2pm, so we were guessing they had their fish for the day, but that's just speculation.

Brian

late night

Four of us did pretty good Friday afternoon two miles past Pine Island in 27 feet. Mostly small sauger, 11-12 inch with a few bigger fish. Saturday eight of us rented two houses from Riverview out form Pine Island in 31 feet. The morning seemed to be real strong and then it died off. Sunday we tried the same spot we were at Friday and only ended up with a few.

We had very few walleyes all weekend, maybe four or five. I only caught two small fish with jiggen spoon. It almost seemed to spook the fish away. We had alot of action on plain hooks and pink demon set-lines.

I also noticed lots of sleds and bombers coming from the angle early in the day. I think that might be the place to be.

polarsusd81

Here is my report from the weekend.

We fished about 25 fow just out past Pine Island and did pretty well. We were 2 walleyes and 3 sauger short of our limit for three people, but all the fish we kept were quality fish. Saugers ran from 12-15 and walters ran 14-18.75. Our best luck came on a pink glow jig with a shiner, but the fish wouldn't bite right after charging the jig, they waited until the glow died down. We also caught a few on a gold jig, but the pink was about 85% of the bobber rod bite. I also pulled out the buckshot spoon, white and orange, 1/4 oz, and tipped it with a shiner head (upside down worked best) and just rattled the snot out of it about 6" off the bottom. I caught about 25 sauger and a couple eyes doing that Saturday afternoon. The bobber lines were set anywhere from 1-3 inches off the bottom. Any higher and they just wouldn't take it.

Here are a few photos.

Rob (aka TroyMcLure) with the first walter of the weekend, obviously not the biggest.

2325138173_8283ce2ef8.jpg

Rob's dad with his first ever walleye. Can you tell that Rob was excited for his dad's catch?

2326012898_4b5a6b4f2f.jpg

Me with an 18.5" walleye.

2325140695_777a0344e5.jpg

Rob with a little redemption, 18" walleye.

2325977450_35ca19c2f8.jpg

Rob's dad during the lull in the bite, takin a nap.

2325978018_ce770564b2.jpg

And me with a bonus piggie perch on the way home.

2325160287_482db432b8.jpg

Great weekend overall.

muc33

I head up with the crew on Thursday, on the ice Thursday afternoon. Can't wait, gonna look for hogs, praying I can find just 1. All portable action for me. How is the conditions for my wheeler? Will be on Adrians Road.

polarsusd81

Once you make it through the 4 foot high bank on either side of the road, you will be okay. There are areas that have a spot busted through, but there is a lot of snow cover on the lake, some of it very deep. I would pack a shovel just in case.

bmc

Yep, still lots of snow on top of the ice, big banks along Adrians road too. I'm hoping we get a good melt down and hopefully I can talk my wife into heading up with me in 2 weeks for one last walleye bite before the ice disappears.

Brian