• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnesota "castle doctrine" bill to be considered thursday.

SlamNFish

Basically this bill says if we protect our home with force, even deadly force, we can not be held up to criminal prosecution.

I sent an email to my Rep. was easy with the attached names and email adresses

Basically, we should be able to defend our family and homes from thugs without being held liable. A Big Thumbs up for home defense!!!!!!!

A well armed civilian is the best defense against criminals.

And a Good Labrador grin.gif

The NRA!!! are last defense against the people who want to take away are guns. God help us all if the Anti's ever succeed!!!

This is a good bill, but stands little to no chance with our bleeding heart DFL controlled legislature... I'm not sure its even worth the effort but we'll see.

Originally Posted By: lawdog
I'm not sure its even worth the effort but we'll see.

Nice defeatist attitude. How about you call or email your representavive and let them know how you feel. Maybe you can sway them.

I said, but we'll see. You got any faith in this bunch of bozos we have in St. Paul??? They wouldn't even give this bill a hearing before and they haven't scheduled it for one in the senate as far as I've seen and I'll be shocked if they do...

Originally Posted By: lawdog
I said, but we'll see. You got any faith in this bunch of bozos we have in St. Paul??? They wouldn't even give this bill a hearing before and they haven't scheduled it for one in the senate as far as I've seen and I'll be shocked if they do...

That one made me chuckle Jeff, only because of its truth.

Anything is possible if enough people get involved!!!

I think alot of people live in there own little world thinking nothing will ever happen but little by little our rights our slipping away.Then when something is taken away from us everyone is in shock.We as sportsman have to keep speaking up and fighting for our rights that our forefathers fought and died to give us. My son is a veteran of the iraq war and i want to see him and his kids have the same freedoms that ive enjoyed because of people like my son that have fought for whats right. My son joined for the very reasons i'm talking about he felt he owed it to his country that are forefathers fought to keep alive for us and to be called an AMERICAN, he's earned it. All soldiers have earned it!!!!!!!!!My son still believes in the principles of the constitution that our country was built

Only we can change whats happening in this country. If enough people were to get involved. Sorry ive written a book here,but if everyone turns a deaf ear freedoms we enjoy now are going to be taken away you mark my words. What future do our kids have or our grandkids and on and on in generations to come.Look at our country it's History and what we stand for is slipping away.

Emails sent!

This is very big in my opinion!

To be prosecuted for defending your own home/family is flat out ludicrous.

You step foot in my home, you better know that the consequences are potentially deadly. Maybe make some thugs think twice......

Did you know that approximatly 64 million americans support and feel they are with the NRA when there are only about 4 million that are really members! Its only $25 bucks if you find somewhere like shootingusa.com to help pay for your dues. This is just the start of firearms legislation both locally and nationally this year. There are people out there who think you are a criminal for defending yourself or loved ones with a firearm, this is important, let the bozos know where you stand. Don't complain about the results if you don't voice your opinion to the people making the decisions.

Well said SmilinBob!!!!!!!

And i busted a gut on your quote

at the bottom. K pow Good stuff grin.gif

I like this one also, PETA stands for people eating tasty animals grin.gif

It's good to see some people are worried about are rights as gun owners and are willing to take action.

It's being proven that you take away guns from the public and crime goes up. It's happening in Britain.

It looks like Bill HF 498 is going before the house committee soon!

Heard on the radio that the committee vote was a tie - because one member left the hearing to "powder her nose" so she wouldn't have to cast a tie-breaking vote.

The bill has been tabled for the year.

I'll see if I can dig up the names over the weekend.

In a way this still could be a good sign " a tie " hmmm?

Thanks for the post Rob.

Sad part is the cops do not even get the benefit of the doubt anymore. How many times does a criminal get shot by a police officer defending us and the action is percieved to be excessive use of force. Now consider a private citizen in a park and a criminal tries to mug him/her and the mugger is shot. The public will assume the mugger was innocent and the shooter acted unnecesarily. If the police cant get a break the private citizen will not either.

I just can not beleave that it is ok to shoot someone breaking into your house (in the act of a felony). But then you can get sued by the hunyucks family civily and they can take you for everything. Why is there even a debate. They need to pass this.

No one has ever been charged with shooting someone in their own home during a break-in. A problem with this bill is that it lets someone shoot first and ask later - with even someone knocking on your door.

I talked to a rep. who said "imagine how many politicians that would be shot door knocking." I told him it would be justified because he was trying to raise my taxes and thus hurting me.

This bill should have started with the basic - if someone breaks into your home stance.