• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Road conditions

Coming up this weekend and wonder about road conditions on the ice and if there's a plowed road out to bostick bay (for pike fishing) I know the old owners used to plow a road out there but I don't think the new owners do, can you guys give your insight? Also if we do need to rent a 4 wheeler or snowmobile, can you let me know where we can rent from up there??

Thanks guys....

I am not sure where bostick bay is, but the road Adrians has plowed and maintained this year is one of the best ice roads I have ever seen. Nice and smooth, a few little bumps here and there from the ice shifting but nothing that you wouldn't be able to pass with a car. Your best bet is to give the resort you are going to a call and ask about the particular place you are looking to fish.

This is the time of the year when the roads start to deteriorate, especially with all the drunk yahoos running 50-70 mph out there trying to jump their trucks over all the bumps. We had one dude pass us when we were doing about 25, just flew by us and then hit the marked sled trail across the road and cleared it. Good way to kill that suspension.

Bostick bay is the bay out at Morris Point. Good to hear that the roads are in good condition though. Hoping the fishing is good we like to head up as late as possible, but the last couple trips we came up too late and couldn't get out on the lake.

Doop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Hey Man! Making the voyage back up there huh!? We missed out on our trip because we weren't sure how Don was going to come out...thank God he's doing a little better.

We were booked over at Warroad though...we were going to go out of swift ditch area...you guys might want to run over there once and just try it. I can get you pointed in the right direction if you need it. How is your son doing? I can't wait to see that little guy!