• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Leff

So, I'm new to the area and being I live in Redwood my options for lakes are slim to none, and slim is in line at the train station.

Anyway, I fished Kandi once for walleye this winter, and had only one 12 incher caught. Is there any kind of crappie/panfish action on this lake?

Basically all i'm asking is, since I have to drive at least an hour to get to anything fishable, and being Kandi is my closest option, I want to know if it's worth my time to try for the rest of the ice season?

Is there any other options in and around Willmar or Hutch that are worth a trip? Got any GPS coordinants for me???? \:o Just Kiddin! grin.gif

Thanks in advance!

BLACKJACK

Leff, welcome to the area!!

I live in Northern Kandiyohi county so I never fish big Kandi but if you go out to the DNR website, under Lake finder, you can look up any lake, get a lake map, and info on the lake. Some of the info is 5-6 years old but it will at least get you started and let you know if panfish are in the lake.

Good luck!

Leff

Thanks BlackJack!

I know all about the Lake Finder on the DNR site. I usually do go off of that, but when it comes to panfish, they're not the most reliable. Panfish usually are not targeted in lake assessments, from what I understand.

I'd go try Diamond, however, it sounds like that's taken quite the beating this winter.

I just can't wait until open water!!!!!!!!! cry.gif

King Canada

Drop me an E-mail at keithswenson@mchsi.com ...I have a place on the Island and I can point you in the right direction

LEECH21

Take King's advice....he knows the lake well.

I know the lake can be real good in the summer for big gills off the point on the island, not real sure where to target them in the winter months. I've done well with some decent perch by Northern Lights in the winter though.

Leff

King Canada, you got mail!

tram

King canada have you been out to the cabin . I want go out this weekend is there alot of snow or can I drive my ATV out ?

King Canada

I haven't been there for 2 weeks but when I was you could go just about anywhere with a 4wheeler or a pickup..How much snow came down up there on Friday...I am planning on putting my Dock in on April 19....That will be the latest in a few years

tram

Are you going to set your dock on the ice.

King Canada

If I have to... I can only wait soo long....Actually April 19 is pretty much the date we used to figure for dock install in the simpler more natural time...Spring will come ...don't despair!!!!

sparcebag

KC 10" by Diamond lake,rained last night maybe 5" on the ground,late winter the crow just today came up bout 2-3 inches.

sheephead24

hey do you know how much ice is left on Diamond? thanks

sparcebag

Dont know but I saw a truck out off the west side yesterday,Fullsize,4 wheelers & snomachines.I thought he was takin a risk,but he was out.