• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nice report Nick. I'll be on the ice Wednesday - Friday this coming week, scouting on Wednesday and guiding Thursday and Friday.

Send me an e-mail when you have a chance. Thanks.

[email protected]

Nice report riverrat.

The 'gills and crappies are out there. Look to areas adjacent to where they spawn in 22' - 26' of water. They are starting to stack!

Drilled 3 holes today....one for me, one for my buddy, one for the flasher....and went to town!

We played around on the lake for awhile, but didn't find to many FMers. We pounded a few fish pics below.

100_0133.jpg

Trouble Nagged a nice large Mouth also!

100_0130.jpg

We need to have a meeting time late after noon at these so we can share info. We wanted to get a few more people on this bite but were unable to connect.

Nice fish IMVK! Care to mention what depth you were finding the fish at? We found ours in 24fow (measured from the top of ice).

riverrat,

It was a shame you had to leave when you did,

they really went bonkers towards dusk, so I did get a chance to ice a few,

I left the area shortly after you guys only to find I returned about twenty minutes later.

I found about 6 holes that would load up back and fourth. and it was lights out for about an hour and a half .

as if you didn't drill enough holes already I drilled about 25 more in the same area before I left in hopes of taking the wife the following morning.

I found that If I cranked my gain up to about 5 I could see a little green blip that I otherwise couldn't and could coax them to the hole.I wish I could have thought of that earlier instead of looking for fish directly below the hole. So as it turns out the black coveralls had nothing to do with my failure of success!!!!

Ya, I really wanted to stay around but with gas prices, bringing two vehicals wasn't practicle.

A meeting at noon would have been a good idea, similar to the summer get together.

That, or we all need to get huge I'm and FM'er stickers on our vehicals so everyone can follow us around the lake, thinking we are world class fishermen.

Riverrat or any other fm'ers I'm going to be hitting big jeff this wednesday afternoon and evening if the weather looks decent, your more than welcome to join, let me know and we can figure out a meeting time.

We will have to see, that might work out for me.

Just a question, are you on any fish out there? Otherwise I might have to head back to Tetonka.

When we found fish they were 20' next to bars, suspended 8'-12' below the ice. They are holding getting ready for the move shallow. We did get into a few fish in 8'-9'. Man the fish are moody right now, they don't stay in one spot very long.

Yeah, we could have drilled more holes and moved around a bit, but my buddy's medical condition doesn't allow him to be outside in the cold for too long, so we just drilled a few holes and stayed put. The large schools moved through frequently early on, but once 10:00a.m. hit, they went somewhere else. Where, I have no idea.

It's a fun time of year right now though!

Hey riverrat, I have been on a great bite lately, well ok almost the majority of the winter, but the schedules looking kinda bleak, if I get out know it's going to be last minute.

It was nice meeting you in person RiverRat and No Net. I appreciated the fishing tips. My daughter was happy about the fishing and also had a lot of questions about why someone would drill so many holes in the ice...but as you demonstrated, it was easy to explain to her how fish move around and the need for anglers to follow them around. We certainly enjoyed being able to borrow some of your pre-drilled holes! Thanks for a great day!

Ha, I ask myself that alot of times too.....I mean eventually they will come over to the holes I already drilled right? I guess I'm just impatient.

Bigeye, I think I will just be planning on going to Tetonka again, I don't know Jefferson that well, and I have a feeling the bite has only improved on Tetonka. Maybe some other time though.

So, what, you only take photos of walleyes? I have to believe you've got some photos of the crappies and 'gills you have dialed in...

riverrat56,

I have some new info for you regarding last weekends excursion,

I will send you a personal message when I get a couple more moments......

Thanks for the info, I'm going to go hit it one more time tomorrow, I'm in for a long walk though......

Originally Posted By: Team Otter
So, what, you only take photos of walleyes? I have to believe you've got some photos of the crappies and 'gills you have dialed in...

I'll have to bring the camera along today, I do have a photo of a 15" crappie that I hooked last week, but haven't taken any of the gills, I haven't been on my normal comp so I haven't uploaded anything lately. There will be photos tommorrow and a report, I gotta get fishing.

I fish on "hunches" a lot. Ha!

Go West young man. You can e-mail me if you'd like.