• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

biggest cass lake walleye

what are some of your guys biggest walleyes out on cass? me, my dad and a bunch of his buddys have fished it for the past 10 years for the open water walleye opener and every mamorial weekend and the biggest walleye we ever caught was a 22 incher. just wondering if alotof people catch any real big walleyes out there.

I believe PikeBayCommance has a 31 or 33 in his avatar. Dynamite fish from last winter if I'm not mistaken. Beef will tell you since he guides on that lake quite a bit....there are some pigs in Cass.

Cass has a lot of nice eyes in there... I have seen some HUGE eyes on Cass, but I'm still waiting on a 31 or 32 incher...

Beef

My personal best - 26"

My dads personal best from opener 3 years ago - 27"

My boats personal best - 31" (took a client out from Nebraska last June and this was his first walleye!) CPR

My personal best 21" but my father in law landed and released a 32" last year, caught right outside of the narrows heading towards the opening for Windigo and then proceeded to get a warning ticket from the DNR for not having our life jackets visable (they were on the boat). The guy was pretty cool, he waited and watched my father in law land that pig and then gave us a warning tix! He caught it on 8 lb mono, amazing! We had no camera and he did not want to put it into the live well because he was not sure it would make the trip back. After we released it I remembered that I had my cell phone in my bag and it has a camera on it...DOAH!

Windy

whoa you guys are getting into some nice ones. great to hear that!

wow icefishing21 mybiggest is 22 to cant wait for memorial weekend so i can catch them big [PoorWordUsage] crappies similar to the one i caught tonight

My personal best/biggest out of Cass is 24". Caught it in early September '06 trolling after dark. She smashed a husky [jerk-bait] 5 feet down over 35 feet-of-water. Another boat about 300 yards away from me got a 28" that night, too.

31"er for me several years ago...........on a topwater at night!

My boat has gotten 3 -24 1/2 inchers. Maybe this year we'll break that grin.gif

26-1/2" about 8 years ago. Funny thing is, we boated this fish trolling a #7 shad rap, sunny day, straight up noon. Yes there was a good chop that day. Everyone in the boat thought for sure we had on a nice northern, but when we say that white tip on the tail we knew it was a good one.

We'll be back in May for our annual trip, hope to see more better fish again this year. Last year was one of our better years with several daily limits of fish from 18-20".

Take care - see you on the water.

27" shad rappin' on my B-day 2 years ago.. 28" last year, chubby darter through the ice.

Still looking for that 30...

There is a replica of a 32"er in the lodge of Break on the Lake caught in June like 10 years ago...

Good Luck!

Ken

I had a three year run where I got one nice fish each year. 2004 was a 27", 2005 a 30", and 2006 a 29". All three swam away to be caught another day. Not one over 22 last summer. I wonder who I upset?

Shallow Runner

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

My wife got a 30" on Pike Bay. I've had more 28-29.75" eyes on Cass and Pike Bay than I can count. Still haven't got one over 30" though.

• 4 weeks later...

Brian Jones,

Could I email you a pic of my 31"er for you to post it? Too confusing to me.........

August 10-17..........set some days aside to fish.

Family is good. Jan 17 welcomed our Katherine Mae to the world,

and Brad welcomed Emilia Rose this month. The girls both came early, but are all healthy!!!!!

Here you go Jim! Cute kid too, all your kids must get there looks from the wife grin.gif Tell little Jimmy the guy with the loud Toyota says HI!

I have a couple days open that week, will put you in the book.

JimB31.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I used to always make it up to Cass once a year. One year about 6 years ago we were all out in the boat fishing spinner harnesses for jumbo perch when I set into something good. Ended up being a 27 inch walley which was a blast on ultra lite tackle. Thats my personal best up to this day.

• 2 weeks later...

we broke alot of personal best cass lake walleyes last weekend. before this weekend my personal best was 20 inches and now its 24 inches, my brothers was 18 and now its 26, my dads friend's was 21 and now its 27, another one of my dads friend's was 22 and now its 25 1/2. we did REALLY good last weekend with the big walleyes but not alot of them. usually between 20 guys we get around 250 eyes but this year we only got 85. ill be going up there again over memorial, hopefully its a little better.

Ice,

I see your from Lakeville.... I'm originally from Apple Valley.. If you get a chance give me a call on my cell... I have a question for you..

Congrats on a good weekend...

Beef

yea ice21 they better be biting good man its gonna be sweet and those big guy crappies should hopefully bite to.