• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Going out this weekend at all? I hauled my Scout down to my basement last friday but am itching to go out one last time. Fox still have a good crappie bite?

Sure am.Went to fox tonight and my buddy and i caught our limits of nice crappies.Also caught a few small perch.The bite is getting agressive and the size of the crappies is getting bigger.I am going over again saturday afternoon.Hope to find some bigger perch.

I am going to head out there sunday morning I think. Thanks for the info and maybe see you out there.

I did not get out to fox untill after 3 pm.The bite started at dark.It was slow untill dark.Just a few small perch.

Two weeks ago Bass lake was giving up 17" Crappies. You might try there at sun down.

Hey there guyd. Just wondering how the crappie bite is out there on big twin lake? We have been fishing Mountain lake the last weekend and been doing really well on big sunnies. looking for something new for tomorrow. Let me know if you would please.

I have not been out to big twin for about 3 weeks.It was very slow at that time.

I also heard that fox lake is producing some big crappies. I see that you were also out there fishing. does it pay to go to that lake tommorrow to try it in the afternoon?

If you want alot of action just before and after dark,go there.It doesn`t matter where you go on the lake.Just be in 15 foot or deeper.I will be out there this afternoon.Look for a black and red portable.

Thanks Dan I appreciate that. We might just come down there then. We will be in an extended white chevy pickup truck with graphics on the side and a topper. You guys are using minnows I take it also. What about glow jigs? do they work down there also?

Originally Posted By: Muddog
Two weeks ago Bass lake was giving up 17" Crappies. You might try there at sun down.

This the Bass Lake by Winnebago?

Crappie minnows and i was catching them on waxworms and a rat finkie.

Hey there Dan. We went out to fox on Monday evening and didn't do real well at all. I nice crappie and 1 small one. 2 perch and 1 small eye. Couldn't make out there on sunday due to a family emerygency. How did you do out there on Sunday?

Hey Dale

I was out there untill 5 pm sunday afternoon.Caught several small perch.Did you stay out there after dark?If you go 300 feet out from the north east public landing and use crappie minnows or wax worms you should easily get your limit of crappies.You have to be there after dark to get them.I was targeting perch on sunday because i had enough crappies from friday.

Yeah we got there about 5:20 and were fishing by 5:45. We stayed until 9:30 last night. We went out towards the power plant and fished damner right under the power lines. well then we might have to make a trip down there on sunday or friday night. I have a pheasants forever banquet on Satruday night so I won't be going real far on Saturday.

Under the power lines is not where the crappies are.I fished there a few times in 17 fow with the cam on and only seen lots of small walleyes and perch.Even after dark by the wires i have caught very few crappies there.Good Luck