• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild

maros91

Wild have really struggled the last 2 weeks. Another loss tonight 3-2 to the Hurricanes. Tied in points with the Flames and Calgary has a game in hand. These last 15 games or so will be interesting.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• walleyes12

• maros91

• Fishing_High

• Scott K

It sounds like the flu is running through the team. I hope thats all the problem is anyway. Just seems like they aren't in sync.

i know thats too bad. as long as they make the playoffs ill be happy

We need better goaltending and a much better powerplay. Good thing we improved at the trade deadline.

They'll be lucky to make the playoffs. They are choking it away they had a 6 point lead a couple weeks ago. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough they need to start a series at home there not a good road team in the playoffs.

I just think some of you wait for the Wild to go on a skid, and jump all over them! I didn't hear a peep from anyone when they won those 3 games in a row!!

The wild will be fine, They will pull together and make a nice run into the playoffs! There are to many leaders on this team to let the team fall apart. Go Wild, Big game tonight, one game at a time!

Really, thats what I was thinking, they are in good shape! If they were in last, then moved into second everyone would be happy, but since it is so close in the standings, with alot of teams from both conferences, the ranking have changed many times, I havent been to excited about it. I would rather they slid now, then in the playoffs! It really isnt going to make much difference if we are 3rd, or 8th, everyone is playing hard, and the teams we would play can change many times in the next 15 games.

Go Wild!

Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
I would rather they slid now, then in the playoffs! It really isnt going to make much difference if we are 3rd, or 8th, everyone is playing hard, and the teams we would play can change many times in the next 15 games.

Go Wild!

Great Point!! The western Confrence is so close, It really don't matter to me who we play in the playoffs, I guess I wouldn't wanna see Detroit or Dallas, but we gotta beat the best to hold the cup!

I love the Wild I'm not trying to jump all over them but Jeez last year they lost the division by 1 point....... What did they do in Anaheim nothing. They had a 6 point lead two weeks ago is what I'm saying and as there losing two games in a row Calgary won the other night and moved into first place last night by just being Idle those are the nights you gotta win to get some separation in the division. Team is just not as good on the road and I think the only chance they have to win a playoff series is it has to start at home. And Colorado won last night there back 1 point from us and Vancouver won last night there 3 points back. Let's hope they go on a little run and gain first place back. ATL has lost 8 in a row is tonight a must win????

Originally Posted By: Fishing_High
They'll be lucky to make the playoffs. They are choking it away they had a 6 point lead a couple weeks ago. Just making the playoffs isn't good enough they need to start a series at home there not a good road team in the playoffs.

They have had a tough stretch as of late, however; I belive it is 5 or 6 points seperate 5 teams...a lot can happen very quickly, if the Wild turn around the special teams that will help take the pressure off of Beckstrom and will definitly aid in their playoff hunt, which I believe they will make, just wonder how far they will go this year...if hitting on all cylinders at the right time they can be tough to beat...

Yea I think if they make the playoffs if they win a series and gain momentum it might be able to carry them for a while.

I will bet all it will take is for Gabby to get red hot and the rest of the team will respond! Its like a domino affect, Gabby starts scoring, then Roloston will start scoring so on down the line!

I am a anti-wild fan because their fans are so apologetic to the club.

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
I am a anti-wild fan because their fans are so apologetic to the club.

I am glad you got that off your chest! Do you feel better now?

1-3 against the worst division in hockey. Wild are going the wrong way. How can you say nothing is wrong with the Wild when they can't beat teams they are suppose to beat. Same old story, get up a goal and hang on. I think the Wild will miss the playoffs.

Yep. That was another great Wild game. How long was it since Atlanta had won a game? I love hearing the announcers excuses too. We keep playing desperate teams and hot goalies.......

8 games. Just bad the gotta rattle a few off in a row to get my confidence back.

it seems as though the wild go through these scoring slumps every now and then. we lose to atlanta, that was bad, at least we got a point, we needed two. we have lot of divisional games to close the regular season, they better get hot now.

If and that is a big if, they make the playoffs, it will be like last year. They will get pushed all over the ice, hammered in the corners, etc. Last year they went into the playoffs with the best second half record in the league-and look how they got done by the Ducks. They are nowhere near last years level of play right now, so I would also be amazed if they even made the playoffs. Flames, Nucks, Avs all playing better that we are over the last 15 games or so. No creativity, grit, hustle, etc. Good idea to sit Parrish when you can't score, too. Much better to put Radio out there who takes a stupid penalty with 6 minutes left which of course they scored on. Brutal.

Originally Posted By: 8-Ball
Much better to put Radio out there who takes a stupid penalty with 6 minutes left which of course they scored on. Brutal.

Radio. Thats pretty funny.

It was a tough loss lastnight, and it has been a tough stretch of games but WOW most of you guys just want to hang it up, season over! The Wild we make the payoffs, I don't know how far they will make it in the playoffs but aleat they will have a chance to get on a roll! I have never seen so many fair weather fans, not even in the Vikings forum!

I'm definitely not a fair weather fan. That's why I'm so fed up-because this team has the most talent on paper as Wild have ever had, and should go deep into the playoffs but they are not getting it done. You can see it on their faces during interviews, their demeanor on the ice, etc. Watch another game on TV and see how other teams are skating, hustling, pounding the opponents into the boards in their end, crashing the net,etc.This team does none of that and there is no reason why they can't. But, they won't. That is the frustration. This isn't the Lightning or the Thrashers. This team is better than it is showing but they just won't work. I'm with them through thick and thin but lets get honest about their level of play. It sucks. Lemaire has lost them. He's tried every trick in the book.

Its a slump, relax, all pro teams go through it! As a fan you have to go through the highs and the lows, thats what makes the season so much fun and rewarding at the end if your team wins it all!!

Down 2-0 early to Sharks they got to do something quick if they want a playoff spot. Come on Wild we know your better then this play like it, its getting sicking watching this.

That was the most boring first 19 minutes of the 3rd until Rolston's shot tied it. Gaborik should have won it in OT if it wasn't for Marleau batting the puck out of the air just before it was going in.

Backstrom has to be the worst shootout goalie there is. I will lookup some stats and see what his W's and save pct. is in shootouts.

'07-'08: 1-3 .417 Save Pct.

'06-'07: 3-5 .531 Save Pct.

Only saving 42% of shots in the shootout. That ranks 53 out of 58 goalies. Mathieu Garon of Edmonton is pretty solid, he is 32 for 34 for a .938 save pct. and has not given up a shootout goal on the road this season. His record in shootouts is 10-0.

Oh where to start. Gaborik should not be in a shootout. Never makes a move, consequently never gets a shootout goal.

It just seems like we went flat after nothing happened at the trade deadline. I think everyone on the team thought we'd make some sort of splash at the deadline but we stood pat while everyone else in playoff contention improved themselves. Of course you have to have another team willing to deal with you.

I'm not convinced this team has the talent to go out and win the Stanley Cup. What we have is a team that is good enough to make the playoffs. Beyond that it will take another miracle on ice for us to win it all. I think management is willing to spend for a competitive team but not willing to do enough to get to the next level. Commitment to mediocrity.

Now before someone comes at me with this fair weather fan garbage, I watch every game that's on and will continue to do so but I think this is more than a slump. It looks like we are out hustled and overmatched at times. That type of hockey is unlike most Wild teams.

We will be lucky to make the playoffs and if we do make it don't expect a run to the finals. We don't have the goaltending or enough talent to win it all. Backstrom is an average goalie and we are severely lacking skilled scorers and set up men. We are a grind it out team which in the new NHL is not enough.

There is my rant. It's mine you can't have it. Take your shots at me if you must but I'll stand by my observations.

The Wild are still the best show in Minnesota sports. I hope they prove me wrong.

You are exactly correct. The players thought management was going to make moves for a center and one more defenseman and they didn't. They have been brutal ever since. The Wild should be embarrassed for not making moves to reward their fans. I will not go to a game and spend my hard earned money for them again. That does not make me a "bandwagon" fan or a fair weather fan. I have been passionate for this team since they started. I was patient every year. This was the year to go for it. On a side note Biff every comment you make I notice as well. Backstrom is brutal in shootouts. Anyone notice that "radio" Ranko or what ever his name is, has gotten three horrible penalties towards the end of the third period in the past few weeks. I think two of them were in the offensive zone. I appreciate his grit, but three times come on get a clue...

I agree with everything said. The only person that I feel that has a chance to make things happen when he has the puck is not Gabby, it is Bouchard. He is very nifty in what he does and gets alot accomplished for his size. Seems like Gabby has taken the last 10 games off, just what you want from your franchise player mad.gif. Everytime I turn on the Wild they make you so frustrated with there lack of scoring. The last 10 or so games have been so boring they have been hard to watch. I hope they make the playoffs and make some noise and prove me wrong.

Man, can anyone remember the last time the Wild put someone away and had a 3 goal lead in the third or won by 2+ goals? Seems like forever ago. Team better pick it up and light their own fire, or they are going to get steam-rolled in the playoffs.