• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Question about Hutch area

I'm not from the Hutch area, and i have a couple questions for you guys. I am a student and considering a summer internship opportunity with a company in Hutch. Does anybody know what there is for apartments in the area. I did a little searching on the internet, but didn't find many places, and most of them wanted a 6 or 12 month lease. I would only be there from the middle of may till the middle or end of august. If anybody has any suggestions or places to look that would be great. The one problem is the company needs to know by monday if i will take the position or not. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

There is a community college (Ridgewater) that is pretty good about finding their students housing. I would contact them...you should be able to find a sublet or something, or at least get a list of contacts.

thanks, i was reading the rest of the paperwork i recieved and saw that the company that i would be working for might help some, I have to look into that a little more.

Give Rental Locators a call. I am not sure if they have a web site but maybe they can help.

9Note from Admin,please read forum policy before posting again,thank-you,)

Iceseeker

my renter just might be moving out around that time frame...

Hey Lund. Still got your decoys in my garage. Another month and they will be on ebay (JK).

I was also curious if there are any outdoor archery ranges, or places i could go to shoot my bow. I will need to start shooting agin come spring/summer. I like to shoot outdoors and like to be able to shoot at any distance i want, not just sit at the line and shoot 20 yards all day long.

Thanks for the help. You guys are great. I will have to take everything into consideration when making my decision.

Gopher Campground is just north of Hutch if you are a member, I dont know what it costs but I dont think it's all that much.

I'm not sure what Gopher has for an archery range if any at all, but there are others in the area as well. Gopher membership is $20/yr if I recall.

Hutchinson/Little Crow Archery club along the Crow river is free I believe. It's right behind the SuperAmerica on Highway 7. Haven't used it yet, so maybe someone can confirm that.

yes the one by the river is still there as well as another one north west of town in the woods it is a walk around range I forget what its called but the guys in town who bow hunt know about it

apparently I had a alter ego named Stu that came out later that night, boy it sure sounds like I missed out...

Originally Posted By: B@ssDoctor
Hey Lund. Still got your decoys in my garage. Another month and they will be on ebay (JK).

UMD, call the college, and ask them for the Housing List, they have them there where you can go through the list to find what will fit your needs

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
I'm not sure what Gopher has for an archery range if any at all, but there are others in the area as well. Gopher membership is $20/yr if I recall.

I guess I'm not sure either. I know they shoot a lot of rifles out there, I deer hunt accross the lake from there and it never fails to have someone start shooting right at prime time every year on deer hunting weekend.

I talked a lady last night from the company that made me the offer and she made it sound like they have the housing figured out, like there is a person that is working there now that will be moving out around the time i would be moving in and that it would be arranged for me. Thanks for all the info guys. I guess i was kind of expecting to have to find my own housing.

I know folks in the Little Crow Archery club...they don't mind folks shooting down by SA. I've done it many times. The range goes upto 50 yards. There is also an indoor range if you become a member. As I've been told by the co-ops reporting to me that apartments are easy to come by. The best is to get a local paper.

Update- I accepted the offer and will be living in Hutch this summer. It sounds like they might have the housing thing worked out for me. It will take a little while to get everything sorted out and i know exactly what is happening. Thanks for everything.

Is there much for shore fishing in the area? I won't have a boat with me.

check out the dam in the town of hutch. There is alot of fish that are caught there every year. Might want to check Stahls as well. Great panfish lake.

They just re-worked the dam. I doubt there will be much for good fishing there this summer. But stahls has some nice shore fishing, and also check between preston and lake allie SW of hutch for some crappie bite

I believe Hook Lake has a culvert a person can stand by and cast for fish too. On Marion, you could try that area along Hwy. 15. My buddy caught a 24" walleye one time doing that. Belle Lake and Marion have fishing piers. Speaking of Belle, there is a culvert on the northwest side of the lake that might be worth trying at night for walleyes when the season opens. Also, there's a large culvert under the road that connects Stella and Washington. Not sure how accessible it is and if you can park nearby, but that might be worth considering.

That's about as much as I'm aware of.

Minnie Belle also has a pier. I'm pretty sure if you put up a post or two that you would help pay for some gas or something you could find someone to go with. There are decent lakes north of town for about every species in the book.