• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ndsufootball

Queston for Highbanks

ndsufootball

WE come up every year and go out of your resort, and in the past you usually close for year around Easter. I was just wondering when you guys are closing down for the year?

Thanks

croixeyes

If you dont mind another question,we are coming up that way this weekend and I was wondering if I need an extension for my auger.If so,would an 8inch be enough or a 12 be better..Thanks.

jigglestick

kim will say here I'm sure, but I know her new baby is due the 22nd of march. their last reservation is around the 16th I believe.

bearplott

Extensions are not needed.

winniewalleye777

To add another question... I was planning on heading up this weekend, and was wondering how the roads on the ice are. Are all resorts still plowing? Any suggestions on where to start fishing would be greatly appreciated as well! Thanks

Gary Crichton

Was up there 9 days ago. Highbanks last weekend is the 15-16th, as Kim is due right after that. Hopefully has her baby on the 19th as that is what I put down on the Baby pool.

Road system should still be good and Highbanks has a map of his road system. Zoomers and Big Island and Perch bar would be good spots to start. We got some nice perch in 28-32 FOW 4 of us kept 50 perch and 5 eyes and 2 Jacks. It was close on needing an extension. Some spots you had a couple on inches to spare and some spots were kissing the bottom of the Auger. Bring the 8" just in case. It does you no good at home. Off road travel is 50-50 We ventured off road in a few places and only got stuck once. Bring a shovel if you plan on hitting those off the main drag hot/secret spots. Good Luck

HIGHBANKS

The lodge will be closing for the ice fishing season on the 17th of March (the stork is due to arrive on or around March 22nd!!). We will have a drop box available if you would like to use our access after our closing date. Our access and roads out on the ice remain in good condition. Ice thicknesses are ranging from 24-30" - no extensions are needed for the augers. Off road conditions vary greatly. It seems if you can find an area to get off the plowed roads - you can manuever fairly easy (make sure to pack a shovel though). The snow banks along side the roads are quite deep due to the continuous plowing. Good reports have been coming in from Big Island in 24-28' of water. Also south of that area in as shallow as 18' of water. Fatheads remain the choice bait. A number of old roads have been abandoned due to all of the wind and snow drifting. Stop by the lodge and we'll get you a copy of our road system. Many new roads were created, it seems that works better than trying to break through hard packed snow. Our plow trucks have really been taking a beating this season. If you haven't got in on the baby pool yet - stop by, have a cold one and get in on it!!

Gary Crichton

Kim, keep thinking positive on the 19th. That is good day to have a baby. I think I will be up on Saturday as a buddy called and wanted to go up. See you on Saturday. Keep thinking 19th 19th 19th 19th. Hey Rick how are ya.

croixeyes

Thanks for the info we will see you this weekend...