• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Aquaview 4X4?

HoleHopper

Anybody have any expirience with this unit and do you like it. I like the fact that you can see in several directions at the same time and split the screen up. I am thinking of getting this unit but dont know if it is worth the buck. Picture quallity is a factor. Thanks

i've used one and on that camera two of the screens were either really dark or really light. I'm just as happy with my aqua vu scout that i bought instead.

I got a reconditioned unit. Lets just say it wasn't conditioned enough. Thats the camera walleyeking is talking about. something was wrong with the cameras. I think it was a leaky housing or somehting.

Now, the new ones are soo much better. The option to see all four screens at once or us the remote and see one camera on the screen is awesome. Aqua-Vu seemed to have worked the bugs out of those ones.

Can you split the screen to see in two directions at once or is it either four or one? I have a small house that has three holes lined up. I want to be able to put the camera down the middle hole and see both baits on either side of it. So the better half can see her bait as well. I have a scout that I am compleatly happy with but there is a far bait that cant be seen as well. I am thinking of getting another scout and just have them face two seperate directions. It may be easier on the pocket book too.

Is Aquaview the only manufacturer that has came out with anything like the Quad4X4? Marcum?

Also is there a better camera that has a little better picture quallity that maybe I could hook the better half up with? Sure would like to see some of the different units side by side. What do you guys have and do you like them?

I believe Aqua Vu is the only one out there with the 4 cameras implimented.

Marcum has their line of cameras that rotate, but you can still only see one lure at a time.

As for seeing two screens at the same time, you'd have to talk to a rep because I don't know. I don't believe they do.

If you looking for a little better quality, try the Scout II. Bigger screen, newer stuff sorta thing.

I rock an Aqua Cam because I'm 23 and don't wanna spend much money on a camera that I use every 3rd or so time on the ice. Got it on Black Friday a couple years back for $80 at Menards and so far have been pretty satisfied with it. The only thing I don't like is when I get into deeper water (20+ feet) it has pretty poor resolution and I struggle to see a distance of more than a couple feet. I may be wrong but I doubt this happens with an Aqua View. At any rate it sure can be fun watching fish come through and react to the bait.

Holehopper,

I have the older 4x4 Aqua vu and hate it, I took it up to Aqua Vu and they replaced the 4 camers, no charge. If you have heavy snow cover like we have this year, the only lake u can see any thing is mille lacs, last weekend had it on low no can see, same thing on red, last year it worked on winne this year no. I can adjust each camera by itself (up or down and side by side)manually.

Each camera should cover an angle of 90 and u should b able to see the whole 360. On a clear lake like ML u would be able to see 20 ft. from the camera. I like the new quad 4x4 u can select full screen on any camera u want.

Thanks for all your input. I think cameras are the fastist growing electronics to hit the marke. I may wait to see what they come out with this year. I have a freind that has a marcum, that he loves and has good picture quallity. Just dont know if it is worth the beens.

Originally Posted By: ACK65
Holehopper,

I have the older 4x4 Aqua vu and hate it, I took it up to Aqua Vu and they replaced the 4 camers, no charge. If you have heavy snow cover like we have this year, the only lake u can see any thing is mille lacs, last weekend had it on low no can see, same thing on red, last year it worked on winne this year no. I can adjust each camera by itself (up or down and side by side)manually.

Each camera should cover an angle of 90 and u should b able to see the whole 360. On a clear lake like ML u would be able to see 20 ft. from the camera. I like the new quad 4x4 u can select full screen on any camera u want.

We had a aqua view up at Red last week and it worked until the sun went down. You could see about 10'.

I decided to just get a second camera to face the oppisite direction. Now the ? is which one? I have the scout now but want a nice 7 inch moniter. I am going to look int the Cabelas one. I think I may get more bang for the buck with that unit, but it also has to have a vidio output on it too. Anybody have this unit?

I have an older aqua view and what I like to do is place the camera above the baits by about 10' and aim it down. This works great on Mille Lacs due to the clarity of the lake. This way you can see all sides of the lures with the camera suspended above the fish which in theory should create a more natural presentation.

Originally Posted By: thefishRmine
place the camera above the baits by about 10' and aim it down.

i always have a hard time seing the fish when i do it that way, maybe it's just me?

last weekend we hooked the camera to the 19" tv (in the wheelhouse) that was cool...

this post didn't really help did it?

I have the Quad. Its a nice tool. I bought the marcum compass but have yet to try that. I really enjoy looking at the camera and seeing all ways especially when its slow!

I went to cabelas, and looked at the scout2 and did not like the fact that the lights were full time and could not fully turn them off. The cabelas 7 inch did not have a brightness control on it. Which is important to have for low light conditions. Why? Good question!

picked up the Fish TV for a try and the picture was just as good as the scout2 in the store, but in the lake my old scout did a far better job for clearity. It will be going back! The search continues! Still may try the Quad 4 yet but we will see what the market puts out for next season.

One more thing- I need to put a set of trebles on that sunfish!

next season i saw at the ice show that marcum and aqua view are coming out with an underwater camera with an lcd screen which displays clean crisp color of what going on down there... they had recordings of what it looked like when they filmed earlier and you might not think that the color would have mattered but it was nuts... it was the coolest thing i have seen...but that is the next step from those two.... but the quad 4x4 is very convenient i think.... no need to twist the chord on your camera just push a button......

Their already on the market. I think the b/w is around 600 and the color is 700. Little spendy for a camera but if you have the dough to drop, thats the way to go.