• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre Retires!!!!!!!!!

wallmounter

Packer fans need to chill. Most of the posts on this forum are good natured.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• james_walleye

• Scott K

• Flatlander

Originally Posted By: Flatlander
the gunslinger

brett4zx1.jpg

taking time for the fans

brett5jp7.jpg

how many times have we seen that

brett3cx6.jpg

last game at Lambeau

brett6ux2.jpg

Heck of a run Brett. You will be missed.

Cant agree anymore. Did alot for the game, and is going to be missed forsure

This is a great interview from 1992 (right after he took over for the Magic Man). It's 4 mins. long, but listen to what he says at about 3:25 in. That says it all!

As a Packer fan, I am sad to see him go, but we all knew this time was coming. I look forward to this up coming year, seeing how Aaron Rogers responds and more importantly how the team responds. I hate to tell all you Madden haters (and I hate him too), but you will be listening to him sing Favre's praises all year.

Favre is pretty much the epitome of what you want in a football player. I'm gonna miss watching him.

Rogers definately has some big shoes to fill, I'm sure there will be a lot of "Favre would have done this" or with two minutes left, "This is where the Packers really miss Favre". There probably won't be a shortage of Favre clips during games either.

Turn on the Tv, almost any channel. Either they are talking about politics, or Favre. Because of that, I hate politics, I get sick of hearing about it ALL the time! Well same goes for Favre! Sure he was a good QB, greatest, NOPE! He had alot of records, good ones and bad ones, he owns a few more then one that he isnt proud of! But that will happen when you play forever! I have no disrespect for him, if he would have played for the Vikings instead of the Packers, it may be alittle different for me, but it still gets real sickening hearing about how GREAT he is. For you Cheeseheads, this is the best thing that can happen for the Pack, Favre was washed up years ago, he just was greedy and wanted to get the records. Rodgers is a good QB, it may take a year or two but he will be better then Favre has been in the last 5-7 years or so. For the future of the team it was best he retired!

Poor Madden! I can hear him now, he will compare every play that Rodgers plays to Favre, and be in tears!

I am a Viking Fan, but not a Parker Hater.

But, give me a break....

Was he a great quarterback? Yes, he was.

Was he a thorn in the Vikings side...yes and no. We were .500 (or very close) against him.

He didn't die, he retired. Does this mean I have to morn and miss work to morn? No. Don't be sad because it is over, be glad that it happened.

I still say he is overated though, and all this hype proves it. He only played this year to set the touchdown record. He got it, and now is done. He made an average team into a playoff team this year. Could he do it again? Unlikely, but we will never know....

Top 10 of all time? Yes. Top 5, no.

He was not even the greatest quarterback of the packers. Bart was.

As much as a am NOT a packer fan, even i will miss seeing favre play. He represents exactly what a football player should be, and he was good. Now its time to see what rodgers can do, he made me nervous the one time i did see him play this year when favre hurt his arm.

He made you nervous in a nothing to lose, pack down by 2-3 scores situation. Don't get too nervous yet. Rodgers may be the guy, but last year against Dallas is not a great judge...heck, T-Jack nearly won in Dallas!

This really is a sad day, sundays will never be the same, ever since I could understand the game of football Favre was QB of the Green Bay football Packers. Packer fan or not, everyone really will miss him. To all you out there who bleed purple, who are you going to fear and complain about two sundays out of the year? The rivalry will never be the same in my eyes......I feel very privileged to be around during the favre era.

This is a sad time for the NFL. Also known to some as the "No Fun League" that started with individuals making individual celebrations about their individual achievement. Farve was never about that and loved playing the game.

I personally will take my #4 jersey and frame it. Hang it on the wall and pack away all the Favre artifacts. So someday my son can ask "who is that #4?", pull out everything and say "This is how you play the game."

lol i feel bad for sapp....they play hours and hours of favre highlights about this and that and at the end they are like oh by the way sapp retired too lol.

I was listening to JT the Brick last night and guy called in and actually compared yesterday to the day Kennedy was assinated. Thank god they cut him off before he could say anything else. That is whats annoying, is that people could actually try comparing the retirement to that.

james w, I think I figured out what it is with Favre in Wisconsin. There is absulutly nothing else to do in Wisconsin, especially in GB, other then football, drinking, and deer hunting, so when the only Qb they have in memmory has left they think it is the end of the world. It would be like anouncing they will stop making alcohal.

ok - to all you dillusional fans that thinks Favre carved up the Vikings like swiss cheese...the Packer/Viking record since Favre taking over for the Majik Man is Vikiings 16- Packers 17 (including a Vikings playoff win). So Favre shouldn't be that feared to Vikings fans...

Pre Chilli the Packers were a putrid 13-16 against the Vikings. They have won the final 4 and I hope that streak is over come next year!

Well over the last 40 years since 1966 name all of the QB's that have played for the Packers! Then name the Vikings! Or Lets go back to 61 and start from the begining and name the QB!s.

i always wished the vikes had favre back when we had moss in his prime..that would of been a deadly combo...better then the stinkpepper moss combo thats forsure.

I get a good laugh for some of these posts. Let's be real, and I know that all the packer fans have a hard time seperating fact and reality. But these are the facts. Brett is a good QB, fun to watch at times and very painfull to watch at times. Along with his TD records he also holds the INT record. It is what it is. His play off record is around 500. He has only won 1 super bowl, as many as the Manning brothers and less than Tom Brady. He as played in every game since 1992 which is remarkable. He is an egomaniac, which is typical of all star NFL players. I'm neither a packer fan or a vikes fan, I'm simply a fan of the NFL. One more item, I give a 40/60 chance that he will be back for one more year. And as a fan of the NFL, it is getting old. Good Luck.

I dont know, I think Moss and Colpepper did ok together, when Moss was in his prime!

juneau, The Vikes had a few that is for sure, but lets take all of the Vikes QB add up there totals since 92 and then add Favres totals, see if the Vikes did better off then the Packers. That would tell you if the Packers were better off with just one QB, then we were with the 10-or so the Vikes had.

Now I have no idea the result of this, but if some one with stats and time, they could figure it out quick.

From the Associated Press:

Brett Favre's retirement this week may mean out with the old, but the Packer quarterback's name has new life in the retirement mecca of Florida.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that David and Emily Kinsaul of Palatka, Fla., named their newborn twin boys Brett and Favre.

"I was hoping we'd have at least one year of him still playing," David said. The twins were born Feb. 22.

The Press-Gazette report says David Kinsaul grew up in Florida, moved to Madison, Wis., and lived there for about 3 1/2 years and now is back in his home state.

"There's a whole culture up there, watching the games and being interested in the Packers," he told the newspaper. "I just really missed it. And I loved watching Brett play. You could just really tell he loved the game, and he was fun to watch."

It was either that or "Walker" and "Texas Ranger"

I just read that on the star trib, what the !?!? The wife went along with that?

It was probably the wifes idea - she was likely from wisconsins and wanted to marry brett like every other women in the state...a little generalixzation but you get the idea.

Sheesh, I think someone on 93x said today that it's dumb to do that. These athletes wouldn't even spit on your head if it was on fire and your naming your kids after them. Just dumb.

Anyone hear his press confrense today? Cried like a little school girl.

I love these comments about Favre,

Elway, Marino, Montana, Puckett, Jordan, E.Smith, Rice, Aikman, White, Ripken, I would say they all cried when they announced their retirement, why would it be different for him??

You do something you love for 17yrs and see how you feel saying your retiring, I bet you would do the same thing.

I am a Viking fan and believe Favre is a tad bit overrated...Theres nothing wrong with Favre crying at his press conference. Just like MNwild (ahha that team) says...he did something for 50 percent of his life and enjoyed it.

How was the press conference though...any highlights? I'm sure it will be rehashed over and over again tonight on ESPN...

Press conferance was actually pretty good, he cleared the air on why he was retiring becuase media said something about Moss and the Packers didnt want him back. The best part was, this was from his speech-

"I hope that with every penny they've spent on me, they know it was money well spent. "It wasn't about the money or fame or records. I hear people talk about your accomplishments and things. It was never my accomplishments, it was our accomplishments."

Couldnt of said it better....

My parents tell me stories I cried once when favre brought the pack back for a victory against the vikings...

I wish everyone would retire from their job with the attitude he had and the same feelings about it. \:o\:\/

I wish i could retire. There are a lot of lakes to fish and golf courses to play.

Too bad i'm only 25...