• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Favre Retires!!!!!!!!!

wallmounter

Fox Sports reporting Favre is retiring. Guess he won't make it to 300 interceptions after all. grin.gif

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• james_walleye

• Scott K

• Sandmannd

I saw that to on espn. Sad day for Madden and packer fans....

Guess that means the Packers will turn into the Vikings, or worse yet, the Browns. Here's looking forward to 30 years of bad football.

Very excited to have Rodgers step in. Favre had a very good career and IT was time to hang it up.

the gunslinger

brett4zx1.jpg

taking time for the fans

brett5jp7.jpg

how many times have we seen that

brett3cx6.jpg

last game at Lambeau

brett6ux2.jpg

Heck of a run Brett. You will be missed.

Originally Posted By: IFallsRon
Guess that means the Packers will turn into the Vikings, or worse yet, the Browns. Here's looking forward to 30 years of bad football.

Ron - That was uncalled for and how many Superbowls have the Vikings been too.

Who will Madden be in love with now?

What a great career Farve has had, packer fan or not you have to respect what that man accomplished

Great news!!! I coudn't stand listening to announcers give him the praise they did.

Good QB, yeah.

Originally Posted By: Flatlander

last game at Lambeau

brett6ux2.jpg

Heck of a run Brett. You will be missed.

How about the last pass in his last game? grin.gif

Not going to say Favre wasn't a great quarterback, but I still don't like him or the Packers. Wouldn't be a good rivalry if I did.

Someone better put Madden and Gerbschmidt on suicide watch. whistle.gif

I didn't think he would end his career like that. I figured he would try another run.

So let me get this straight...Brett Favre tells the Packers if you don't get Randy Moss he's done (a main reason he retires). His receivers helped him go to the NFC champ game...if Favre wasn't so loved...wouldn't he be considered a bleotch???

At least we can remember favre for how we should!

His last pass of his career a PICK!!!!

I heard he was [PoorWordUsage]'d about the Moss thing. Remember when Rodgers wanted him to mentor him and he said it wasn't his job. Great guy huh? Leave the team that put you on the map haning.

He was a great QB but I'm not gonna miss Madden stroken him every chance he gets.

Originally Posted By: gopher_nation
Great news!!! I coudn't stand listening to announcers give him the praise they did.

Good QB, yeah.

I agree 100%. Praise a guy for having the career he had? Not on my watch. I did forget one photo for all you Packer haters.

brett8rm3.th.jpg

Bottom right.....that's what the Lombardi trophy looks like. You know, the trophy you get when you don't choke. blush.gifwhistle.gif

Oh god...I love how the Fan is just having a party!

Flatlander...remember when you BOOED Favre when he started QBing the team?

Favre would have played multiple seasons with Moss...HAHAH

It will be a chain reaction...next to retire is Frank Caliendo.

Favre was a great QB that played the game the right way.

Hey Flat, pretty sure the pack has choked away just as many lombardi's as the vikings have. Favre being reason #1 for many opportunities to get them. The giant game this postseason was just 1 of many we watched Brett toss away.

Maybe Culpepper will be heading to Green Bay. Wouldn't that be funny!

good riddance to a drunk and a drug addict. will miss those INT's though. After all he is the King.

I always knew he'd go out whiny as well. Randy resigns with the Pats after long discussions with Favre and the GB front office doesnt make a move so the prima-donna pouts and quits.

nothing is bringing me down today

It was overdue, now Rodgers has a chance to be the future of the pack.

Im sure he will change his mind anyway, he is just crying that Packers didnt do anything in the free agency!

Originally Posted By: CrappiesNCats
good riddance to a drunk and a drug addict. will miss those INT's though. After all he is the King.

Tommy Kramer?? grin.gifgrin.gif

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
Hey Flat, pretty sure the pack has choked away just as many lombardi's as the vikings have. Favre being reason #1 for many opportunities to get them. The giant game this postseason was just 1 of many we watched Brett toss away.

3 for 4 at the big dance. I would have to credit Elway's game more than a Pack choke in that one. Now if you're talking playoff losses (15-1 reg season-41-0 playoff game loss blush.gif), my football knowledge only goes so far. eek.gif

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
Oh god...I love how the Fan is just having a party!

Flatlander...remember when you BOOED Favre when he started QBing the team?

Never did any booing. When you grow up watching Lynn Dickie throwing to rapist James Lofton, while being crushed by the Bears, you learn to take it. Didn't even boo the Magic man having only a flash in the pan year. As a matter of fact, the only booing I've done lately was Denny kneeling down with time on the clock. I really hoped the Purple would do it that year. sick.gifsick.gif

That was a different year flatlander (football knowledge questioned?)...we lost 27-30 in the year we went 15-1...

The packers are 3-7 in their last playoff games...at least 3 at storied lambeau field and one to the vikings.

I said it jokingly that cold sunday when the packers lost to the giants...that Favres last pass was going to be an ugly, ugly interception!

Packer fans knowledge usually does end there. You've probably already swept the giant game and that INT under the rug. Much less 6 ints vs St Louis, Minny coming into Lambeau and winning after getting swept in the regular season, Michael "so over rated" Vick coming into Lambeau and winning. Have i missed any?? Favre hasnt shined in the playoffs. The INT against the giants costing the packers the game was very predictable, we've seen it from him many times before.

It's about time he retires.

Favre was the best ever, I'll give him that. The best ever at throwing INT's!!!! Give credit where credit is due.....he was the best at throwing right to the other team. He'd probably have the best ever completion percentage too if you'd include those INT's! \:D\:Dgrin.gifwhistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Flatlander
 Originally Posted By: james_walleye

3 for 4 at the big dance. I would have to credit Elway's game more than a Pack choke in that one. Now if you're talking playoff losses (15-1 reg season-41-0 playoff game loss blush.gif), my football knowledge only goes so far. eek.gif

Vikes vs Pack Head to Head in Playoffs....Vikes 1 Pack ZERO!!!!!!!!! Come on anyone can find stats to back up smack talk. What I really want to know is has the governor in Wisconsin called March 4th Brett Favre Day yet?

No, that about sums it up...I was on a bowl trip with all my Packer buddies/wife (went to University of Wisconsin) We stopped in for dinner and everyone was shocked that Vick beat Favre in Lambeau...becuase lambeau meant something then...not so much anymore.

On a side note I absolutely loved it!