• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Directions to Summer Homes Access?

Could someone be so helpful to post directions to what they call the "summer homes" access. Directions or coordinates or both would be great. We'll be coming from the Bemidji area. Thanks.

There are summer homes on different parts of the lake. North of Richards Townsite, the highbanks area, Plughat. Could you be more specific as to what part of the lake?

Boatfixer - sorry for being so vague. I think they are telling us the southwest corner of the lake. Does that give more meaning?

I believe that the public access you are refering to is the one right where the Mississippi comes into the southwest side of the lake. (There are some summer homes right by the access)

It is off of Trappers Road which is the first road south of McArdles resort.

You can take Hwy 2 east out of Bemidji through Cass lake to Hwy 91 or "West Winnie Road"(about 16 miles past Cass lake). Take a left on Hwy 91 and go about 6 miles to Trappers Road and go right. (If you get to McArdles Resort you have gone too far)

Hope this helps!

Bruceye - I belive that's it. Trappers Road rings a bell. Just can't remember those things like I used to!! We'll be up there on Saturday and Sunday morning trying to find a few.

I didnt know there was an access there. I thought the richards townsite landing was the closest one to the mouth of the river.

Yea it is sort of hidden away but it is there.

I don't think it is utilized much in the summertime but it is used regularly in the winter.

It is not much of an access as far as launching boats I don't believe.

Richards Townsite access is the only public access with concrete ramps and ample parking for bigger boats on that end of the lake.

Yeah we stay at 4 seasons and i dont ever recall seeing any boat launch or any boats looking like they were launching in that area.