• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
cRaPpiEMaN8265

Metro Mixed Bag

cRaPpiEMaN8265

Went out to a north metro lake tonight and was pleasently suprised. Got some nice largemouth bass early in the day i think 5 between 14 and 17 inches here is a picture of 1 of them.

Pictures098.jpg

A little later on i had a walleye move in got that one on a jiggin rap made 15"s too bad season was closed.

Pictures096.jpg

Caught some nice sunfish all day long kept one that made 8 inches. Later on the crappies moved in i was set up in 11 FOW right at the weedline and i started to see marks 1-5 feet under the ice so i brought my jigging rap up and nailed 3 crappies right in a row 2 9.5"s and 1 10.5"s. Nice night to be on the ice and it sure was fun watching all the fish come in and hit on the aqua vu,

Ryan

bassphish2005

nice...........and the 'out of season' fish got released......that is why fishing is fun late season.You never know what may bite@

Sandmannd

Yea, seems the out of season fish bite pretty hard when they are out of season.

Slabby

Seems to me bass action picks up now the later it gets into spring.

Those fish up high are usually aggressive and fun. Tough to pick up on electronics. The first fish I got sunday eve. was a 9.5" crappie I spotted following my lure dropping down at about 5'. Caught a few more in the 4'-8' range over 17' FOW.Fish below 12' didn't want to bite

fishlakeman

Yea those largemouth are fun. Looks like a great outing. I was out this afternoon on going after crappies and hooked into a 22 inch largemouth! This is definately the biggest bass I've ever caught, as I've caught several 20 inchers, a few 21's but never a 22. My guess was 6.5-7 lbs. She was a tank. It took me 7 minutes to land with 3 lb test and an ultralight. Didn't help getting caught around the vex cord. Caught her in 18 feet of water right off a weed flat on fish lake.

bassphish2005

Fish Lake??? Lots of them around the state........very sneaky!!!

b1gf1sh1

bassphis2005...he's sneaky (fishlakeman) but let's just do some deducing, as Holmes said ''eliminate all the impossible, and whatever remains, however improbable must be true.'' so here goes.6-7 lbs.probly not north of brainerd. or west of kandiohi.nothing east so must be more southwest or northwest or north/northeast of st.paul. in metro forum so not past maple plain, forest lake with none due west. so southwest, northwest or north/northeast. 18 feet of water, ''right off weed flat''. 18 feet deep and we must deduce that it is about 15 feet at least ''on'' the weedflat. so based on water clarity in remaining lakes and what depth weeds can grow in it must be in \:\/ ''Maple Grove''. grin.gif WHEW, that fishy detective stuff is draining. sleep.gif

cRaPpiEMaN8265

thanks guys i agree the out of season fish bite much harder lol. i got the eye on a jiggin rap and almost had another one a bit bigger that i saw on the camara. fun outing i will be back out in this nice warm weather shortly..

lotsofish

Originally Posted By: b1gf1sh1
bassphis2005...he's sneaky (fishlakeman) but let's just do some deducing, as Holmes said ''eliminate all the impossible, and whatever remains, however improbable must be true.'' so here goes.6-7 lbs.probly not north of brainerd. or west of kandiohi.nothing east so must be more southwest or northwest or north/northeast of st.paul. in metro forum so not past maple plain, forest lake with none due west. so southwest, northwest or north/northeast. 18 feet of water, ''right off weed flat''. 18 feet deep and we must deduce that it is about 15 feet at least ''on'' the weedflat. so based on water clarity in remaining lakes and what depth weeds can grow in it must be in \:\/ ''Maple Grove''. grin.gif WHEW, that fishy detective stuff is draining. sleep.gif

Or you could do it the easy way like I did... Metro Area forum, look at his "Location" lists Maple Grove so fish lake in Maple Grove. ;\)

PikePatroller

Ya the bass are startin to move around. I caught my first Largemouth threw the ice today, prob 1lb. and half...fun

moby1

Im not 100% sure dont think there are any walleyes in Fish lake in Maple Grove. I used to fish it quite a bit before I got into muskie fishing. Then again I dont walleye fish either.