• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pattern Master

I just recently purchased a pattern master and i am wondering if you can shoot lead shot out of them?

Thanks

I am sure it is not a problem. Usually lead shot don't need the help that steel shot needs. I would pattern it to see the benifit of any.

you will have no problem shooting lead out of your pattern master. i use mine for every thing i shoot my pheasant, turkey, duck, geese, trap, and dead coyote threw it. never had a problem.

Yep, both of these post are correct. I have shot a Patternmaster for about 3 years and it handles everything well. I have never seen a choke that has a problem with lead, but there are a lot of them that are lead only or bismouth. Steel is a lot harder and can actually damage certain chokes or barrels on some older guns.

• 4 weeks later...

Lead works just fine through Patternmasters. I'm sure you wont be disappointed with your purchase.

You can shoot just about everything trough them except for slugs and federal "Black Cloud"