• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Free agency

Eric Wettschreck

Originally Posted By: tisosy11
Oh yeah...Bernard Berrian is now the 6th highest paid receiver in the league!

20 more players and he'll be right where he should be.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tisosy11

• Scott K

• james_walleye

• LMITOUT

Give it a year or 2 he will look like a bargain, we have him under contract for 6

only thing that sucks for berrian is he goes from one not so good qb situation to the next...but t-jack has more potential then grossman.

i wouldn't be surprised if berrian could get a nice 1000 yd 10 td season this year.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
20 more players and he'll be right where he should be.

I'll give you one thing LMITOUT... you never waiver!!!

I'll take BB at what we paid vs. Walker at what Oakland paid. A guy the Broncos couldn't get a 5th round pick for just got $55 million..... Oakland Al got the monopoly money out again!

If Berrian has 1000 and 10 the vikings will be nothing short than at least 1 home game next January...

PS - Larry Fitz will be ahead of Berrian when his deal is restructured in the coming weeks...that will make berrian 7th!

a year or two into berrians contract he won't even be in the top 20 of highest paid wr's. the highest paid people a couple yrs ago aren't the highest paid anymore.

thats just how it goes...everyone will just keep making more money...same with the rookies...every yr they make more and more even though they are unproven....some of the higher paid people are mad because these young kids come in with nothing proven and make more money then them....even though them were the highest paid people a few yrs ago.

every new contract sets the standards.

Exactly - remember when Hutchinson was highest paid o-line man or whatever. Now his contract looks like a bargain...

Also, S - Tank Williams signs with the New England Patriots.

You can't compare it to last year or three years from now with the changing salary cap.

I would hope Fitzgerald is paid more than Bernie. He's a much better WR.

I'll predict that Williamson in JAX has a better year than Bernie in 2008, barring any injuries. Yards/game, catches/game....

LMITOUT, you hit the nail on the post. But still you insist on comparing Berrians contract of today with all these recievers whose contracts are more than 2 or 3 years old. Its just the same as tiossy comparing his contract to what it will look like 3 years in the future.

AHha - that would something...I bet you a fishing hole he doesn't...

that would be kinda funny and could happen but they'd have to pull some miracle and teach him how to catch..he's got the skills and speed but he just can't catch...he's always open but he looks like a preschooler trying to adjust to the ball then it bounces off his back,face,chest,hands....we gave him plenty of chances here....maybe they can coach him different or something but most of them skills are natural.

right...we babied him all the way along. trying him in all kinds of routes, got to feel sorry for the guy...

I see Joey Harrington is available now. Maybe the Vikes can upgrade their QB position.

Ya right LMIT, I'd rather sign Daunte then, or ask Doug Flutie to come out of retirement!

The Raiders just signed me to a $64,000,000 contract because I've got a 6.6 handicap on my home golf course. Finally my ship comes in. OH YEAH!!!!!

I hope the vikings don't pick up a QB (unless they can get d2 delaware in round 3 or 4) until training camp cuts...

I see the Jets have signed FB Tony Richardson to a one year deal.

Not that I expected him to be a Viking next year anyhow.

i like that we signed tapeh...we gained wheels and youth..lost some experience but tapeh has been blocking for westbrook and he does a good job.

I like the Tapeh pick up, Please don't even comsider bringing Joey Harrinton any where near a Viking's uniform. He's the modern day Jeff George, every where he goes he stinks it up.

Heck Jeff George is a pro bowler in comparison to Joey Harrington, thats how bad Harrington is........

ahha - i would not be surprised if the vikes draft a mid round QB...or if they waiting until preseason cuts...

Kearse returns to the Titans...the two have agreed to terms.

Next up to visits are DE Corey Smith and DT Ellis Wyms

Berrian is now the 7th highest paid receiver. he's slowly slipping to where he should be!

Vikings sign LB Pope

The Vikings announced on their website that they have signed free-agent linebacker Derrick Pope.

Pope appeared in 55 games with nine starts in four seasons with the Miami Dolphins and has experience at all three linebacker positions in addition to special teams.

He is expected to fill the backup role formerly held by Dontarrious Thomas, who signed with San Francisco as a free agent.

Note: Defensive end James Hall, who was released by St. Louis at the start of free agency, is visiting Winter Park today.

Also the Vikings are expected to resign Ferguson today also.

I would kinda like them to resign Ferguson. We do need experience out there and he does have some. JUST IN CASE!