• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spring Turkey Hunting

Birddog

Greetings,

I was hoping to get some advice about which midwest state would be the best for myself and my daughter to go turkey this spring? I would be needing a out of state license, therefore a guided hunting trip may be my only choice.

Thanks,

Dave

I know of an outfitter in the Black Hills that is good and just helped me on his own good graces. If you are interested I can give you his website and number. It can be great hunting out there. I also believe they are licsensed

in Nesbraska too. You can email me at [email protected].

Like previously mentioned... Nebraska and South Dakota are two choice prospects. Both over the counter tags and opportunities for multiple tags. NE archery opens Mar 25th and April 12th for SoDak. Plenty of public ground in each state so you wouldn't have to go through an outfitter.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the reply's. I have been out of town, but I will start planning a trip. It sounds like S.D or Neb are the states to try my luck.

Thanks,

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I believe that the first deadline for the prairie units has passed. You do need to apply for the Black Hills liscenses but they are unlimited. For a good outfitter check into turkey track outfitters which is Ron Schara's camp. You'll find more info on the Minnesota Bound site.

Minnesota Bound

hoyt,

i'm thinking of going to nebraska hunting.this is only my second year hunting and was wondeing which direction of verdigre would be best?i hunted in the black hills last year but want to be a little closer to home this year with a new born.any help would be great.does a guy usually use decoys down there?

beaver11

If you do get to the town of Verdigre try going into town and getting a plat book.There is public heading out west of town.I might butcher this but you can also check on Niabrara just a town over.Right now I can not be exact of location without the book on me.If you try and knock on doors they are nice to let people hunt.Not too many people bowhunting them.Decoy's that all depends on your birds.I do not use decoy's often only once in awhile.I have better luck without.

hoyt,

thanks for the info.i'm going to head down there and like u said knock on some doors and see what i can find ahead of time and hopefully find some birds.thanks again