• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

someone mentioned once on the forum about fishing the cabbage and humps in Kitchi for northerns. I am bringing a couple of boys up the first week in August. I have been up to Kitchi and have been told that is the place to go for northerns but for the life of me I cannot find those areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Jim

I have a camper on Kitchi and fish it alot.The humps are on the north east side of the lake.Also alot of cabbage on the south side of the maiin part of the lake and I found a big patch of it on the north-east side in about 10ft of water.Awesome for pike and Muskie.If you have any questions I'm sure the guys here will help also.Go to the DNR web page and look up the lake and you'll see the humps I was talking about.I don't know if I can put up resort web pages or not or I would and they have a lake map to look at.

Is it ok to post a web address of a resort up here?I don't want o do an oops \:\)

I may have to take you up on that bull75. we are going to be up there the first week of August. Is there a norhtern bite even during that time. dont know what I have been doing wrong but I cannot seem to buy a northern up there at that time of the year. With the kids I would like to keep them interested. thanks again

The only website addresses we can post are the ones who help sponsor FM... Horsehoe Resort on Cass and Sunset Cove on Cass are the current sponsors here...

You can also email me questions at my link below...

Hope this helps,

Beef

It has been discussed in the past that finding Northerns in summer means looking in deeper water.

But if I'm on Kitchi no matter what time of year, first I will look shallow in early-mid morning in the cabbage and I'll throw a plain silver No. 3 Mepps or a 5-of-diamonds dardevle to start. These have been go-to baits in June for our group.

Thanks Beef.Yeah the northern action I have are about 10 ft to about 5 ft.I like the double blade yellow small like you use foe bass.Also fish for walleye you can't keep em of :lol:

I've had no problem catching em anytime of the year on that lake and they are about 3lbs and up.

Good luck and good fishing!!

Yeah how about I email you a map with me showing you the spots?

Hey Beef any help on me getting my first Muskie over 40"?had em on but no luck boating em yet.:(

bull

how do I send you my email address privately? are you going to be around the weekend of 7/26 and 7/27 I know that is a long way off to try and schedule something. Thanks for all of your help

I could help... But why 40" let's shoot for something a little bigger, how's 50" grin.gif... Any Musky is fun to land... Cass has a bunch of them but the pressure is heavy on them... Hopefully this summer is the year you get one....

Take Care,

Beef

my fav lake on Cass chain is Buck \:\) seen alot of 50"+ fish there

but have never had the luck i geuss.had 1 one ofr about 2 sec.cry.gif

Originally Posted By: beef
I could help... But why 40" let's shoot for something a little bigger, how's 50" grin.gif... Any Musky is fun to land... Cass has a bunch of them but the pressure is heavy on them... Hopefully this summer is the year you get one....

Take Care,

Beef

Beef,

Just wondering what the biggest musky is that you've had the opportunity to land on the chain?

Aaron

Cass lake is a top notch chain for muskies with some real hogs swimming around. I am rather cursed as I can't seem to get past 44" myself on the chain - but have put others on some piggies over 50"

Bring on open water!!!

Aaron,

My biggest to date is a 46" incher. I too am still searching for a 50" plus... I still would rather find my 31"-33" walleye first before my 50"+ musky...

I know your out a lot on the water... What lure do you think will be the ticket this summer?

Take Care,

Beef

Beef,

How are you going to get that 50" when you're out there chasing 'eyes all the time? Which bait will be the ticket for this year? Go with Musky Mayhem's Super Model with double 13 blades! I like the Llungen DC-9 too. But you'll want to go with the Super Model for those Cass Lake giants! I like Shack Attack's Curly Sues too. Great baits! The list could go on for a long time. But those are 3 that you should make sure to have in your box.

Was that 46" an accidental one caught while fishing walleyes? Or are you coming around with that "rough fish" mentality and making an effort to actually catch them these days?

Aaron

Ahh I had to start changing my ways after I started to land a few of them monsters. I think I came down with a little bit of the Musky Syndrome... But don't get me wrong, eye's to me are still number 1.... I think that is what makes the Cass Lake Chain one of the best in the state....

Hope everything is going well. Have you made it out on the ice a lot this winter???

Beef

I actually haven't hit the ice in a few years, unfortunately. Too much time on the water during the summer (probably not the right way to put it, as there can't really be too much) and just too busy during the open water season means I have to spend my winters getting caught up on everything. One of these years I'll get back on the ice!

Aaron

Beef,

Just checked out your photo gallery on your website. I wanted to check out a few of those (or at least one!) Cass Lake monsters you've landed. And there's none there! Come on, those muskies deserve some face time. They'd really spice that page up!

Aaron

Sorry, I was as bummed as you were not to have any photos of them... As you can also tell the photos on there have not been updated in awhile... I'm not a computer guru so I'm still trying to figure out how to maintain my website... Hopefully this summer we will get a bunch of photo's up there of the "Rough Fish" ;)...Just Kidding..

Good Luck This Summer!!!

Beef

Holy [PoorWordUsage]! I never knew beef was a muskie fisherman! How does it feel to join the dark side of the force? grin.gif I wouldn't spend too much time chasing them though.....they'll posess your soul!

How many muskies did you put in the boat last year?

I did not join the dark side and I could count on one hand how many grin.gif"Rough Fish" grin.gif I put in the boat...95% of my guided trips and free time outings are for eyes/pike/pannies... Muskies make up the other 5%... Musky fishing is fun, but I like to keep the walleye gear nearby... I was lucky to land the 46" on fireline and a wally diver.

I don't see anytime in the near future of trying to make the switch over to the "Dark Side" grin.gif I'm having way to much fun catching the edible fish.... ;\)

Beef

I've been muskie fishing with Beef and we had a great time with a few nice follows on big Bemidji. You know the spots and the tactics but those dang ski's just don't want to bite sometimes. I've spent the entire Frank Schneider Tournament fishing Bemidji with only a few follows and tons of pike but never as many follows as you and I had that day Beef. Let's get back out there, or check out Kitchi and see what we can get for a photo fish.

My legs got so shaky from those follows that day I told Beef that we should toss out the walleye gear to catch a few eaters. He was more than happy to oblige!!! Beef got me started muskie fishing 10 years ago and gave me my first muskie lure.

What a touching story! sick.gif

If I remember right, the lure I gave you for musky fishing was Rapala F11 (Original Floater)... I caught a some nice eye's on them and ACCIDENTALLY caught a small musky on it. So I sent you one while you were fishing those musky lakes near the cities.

I don't care how good the story sounds, I still would rather walleye fish grin.gif

Beef

Beef we should hook up sometime for soem fishing on Kitchi for eyes or even maybe we can try and hammer on some muskies in a few of my spots.Shoot me an email sometime.

BULL

It was a big black homemade bucktail with a gold-colored spoon tipped with a green reflector. Still got it in the box. It's caught a few.

You thought it was a Rapala? Like I need another one of those? I might actually have more Raps than you do buddy......that's just plain pathetic you thought that!