• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone having any luck in St Louis Bay. I was out there all day in one of the bays on the Superior side. I didn't have too much luck couldn't even get a nothern on a tip-up. Its been pretty dirty this year, wonder if that has anything to do with it

Its been good to fair depending on the weather. All the fronts popping in and out makes it hard. Some nicer fish are showing up lately though. Ill be out the next 4 days to cap off the walleye season.

I am going out at 11:30-AM till dark and I hope they are hungry. I hope there are some fish still left when I get there most have sore mouths already. We need some fresh fish to move in it has been good but we need some stable weather.

I have seen some "Fresh Fish" but most have been small. The larger fish I have caught have been in for some time now.

I will be out chasing crappies in the AM and then hitting the "Bay" although some think the "Bay" is out on the lake.

When was the last time you were on the river Skipperskid?

I was out To Day all after noon as I will be tomorrow as well. Just call my cell I will be out by noon. It has been good I will not miss a day till I plow snow???

We got several smelt it the harbor yesterday. I think it is early but this is why fishing was slow for us. I have never seen so many smelt in the river this early be-for. The graph was all smelt the bottom 10 feet wow. Well we will be back this afternoon as well.

Thats pretty crazy. It seem really early for that especially for how cold this months been. I havent fished the harbor much since earlier in the year. Ive been doing most of my fishing in Kimballs and other smaller bays on the Superior side of the River. Its been really slow compared to prior years

Randy, We landed over a dozen and I got to see them up close. I think it is crazy they are in the river this soon. I have never seen this before but I did this year.

Skippers Kid thats what you get for fishing south of Barkers.

We did well tonight. I released a 27" and 24" and Ran let a 26"er go. We got into a pod of big fish for about 2 hours and then the lights went out. I took home a 17" and 19" and deep fried them babies with some fresh fries and YUMMY. My wife loves fresh fish so now maybe daddy will be able to hit it again tomorrow after work and sunday. I need some good hole hopping weather for Sunday. Today was brutal. I thought my house was going to disintigrate and blow to Ashland a few times.

Steve - Ya ever want a partner, my stuff isn't away for the year yet! The wheeler might be in the for sale forum, but she is still running like a charm for us to use! If your going to make it out this week sometime, let me know.

Woodie where you? Only a hand full down there this aft. Pretty much a dead sea. A couple small ones and one other that I know of. Another chapter in the tale of the river hass come to a end. Now what will the northlander do? Only the shadow knows.

Woodie give me a call. I edited your post to protect the guilty. Ill explain when ya call.

Ripstick is correct it was VERY slow today. Did manage a 27 3/4" eye and what I thought was a 33"er that turned out to be a very fiesty Pout. \:\( Dang thing had me excited enough to yell for the camera. OOPs!

Well another eye season is done and gone. sleep.gif

Now its crappie time and time to get some work done around the house. Or maybe Ill just wait for smelting season.

Before we know it we will be trolling the big lake for some Ho Ho's Gary. \:D

It was a good time Steve. At least I didn't wipe out on the ice trying to get to your shack to help you land that pouteye \:\) I just cooked up the walleye and my bonus fish, yum. Lets hit the crappies and bullgills a few times this month.

Gary the fishing did seem to pick up a bit once you left ;\)\:\)

Things have been pretty good on Water Street, the last week of walley my dad and I were averaging about 3-5 keeper eyes and 4-7 jumbos (9"-11"). The perch is a new thing that far up the river, but sounds like there is a lot of new things going on. There is over 21" of ice up to "Treasure Island" which is the next small island up from the mud slide. 11' is the magic depth with a dead stick, or little jigging, we hook through the tail and let them swim on a plain hook. Have fun there are some great perch up there.

T are you getting any crappies up there or are you on the wrong side of the river? Rumor is that the crappies moved in along with the perch. I guess I will have to give it a shot this week now that eyes are closed.

Steve, Not a crappie in sight the last few weeks. We have been fishing both sides too. We did get 2 where the beavers knocked down some trees down from Tony's dock, but nothing lately. It's pretty much 3-1 perch/walleye from Walleye Alley to Treasure Island.

Ya Im going to hit the slide area for some crappie action this week and see if I cant get a few JUMBOS as well. Anyone try the deep wood trench down past the slide?

Crappies are showing up in wierd places this winter. I wonder whats going on in the back bays thats causing them to come out in the main river this winter. They should be getting set to stage up outside their spring spawnng grounds shouldnt they?

The bays are really dirty this years compared to prior. I really think that has something to do with it. I believe it was all the rain that we got before freeze up. Most places that I had no problems catching fish in years past arent producing anywhere near what they have before. Guess Ill just have to get out and do somemore searching. Too bad there isnt much time left. At least the best panfishing time is still yet to come

Nobody has fished from just down from Water Street to Buck Point where Blasevic's had their house set at the camp site. All that would be virgin waters this winter. No idea where the slabs are. I'm going to hit the Steel Plant hole over the weekend if I don't try for Loopers.

You read my mind. Me and a guy were talking about that today at Gander. Could be a great spot but may be a bit early.