• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Reed's Sporting Goodings in Garrison?

Walleye71

I heard a rumor going around about Reed's setting up shop in Garrison or Onamia this spring?

Anybody else heard that?

I have heard, but only heard, they are taking over Moleens Bait at the intersection of 169 and 47. I believe it is only going to be a tackle shop, no guns.

Here's my heard: they are building a new place that will only have fishing stuff for the first year.

tweed

Good to know. Thanks. They should do okay there. That will be a pain for traffic though. Should be interesting.

Good! I hope they do. They are a great store to shop. It will be nice to have them in my back yard.

construstion has been underway for over a week now. they were looking at the meleen's site, but that fell through as they could not get all the variances that tey needed to build what they wanted. i was at the variance meeting that night as my neighbor had applied for a variance that i needed questions answered. the site that they ended up buying was the lot between the DQ and the used car lot just south of meleen's. word is, they want to be open by the fishing opener. at this point, they might make it, they worked last weekend...........tom fellegy

Nice to have another outdoor store option. At leaset it's not another "Super Store" sending our hard earned money out of state. Good luck and don't forget about the retailers who have been around for years.

Are they going to have bait too? I like stopping at Lundeen's but parking can get tight there.

Originally Posted By: tom fellegy
construstion has been underway for over a week now. they were looking at the meleen's site, but that fell through as they could not get all the variances that tey needed to build what they wanted. i was at the variance meeting that night as my neighbor had applied for a variance that i needed questions answered. the site that they ended up buying was the lot between the DQ and the used car lot just south of meleen's. word is, they want to be open by the fishing opener. at this point, they might make it, they worked last weekend...........tom fellegy

Drove by there on Sunday and was wondering what that was.

Last i had heard was the site of Lundeens. In fact when i was in lundeens in December for bait, they told me they were only open until the end of February. Wonder what the competition will do to the existing businesses?

Originally Posted By: Walleye71
That will be a pain for traffic though.

I agree. I love the location, but traffic will certainly be an issue. I've seen the aftermath of too many serious accidents in that area.

i am very excited to hear about the reeds store.i go to mille lacs quite a bit in the summer and it will be alot easier getting tackle and stuff from a more wellknow sporting goods store with a better selection of fishing gear