• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Shore Bed and Breakfast??

Hi Folks,

I am celebrating my 20th anniversary and wanted to surprise my bride with a weekend on the North Shore. I need help!! Anyone have any suggestions as to where to stay, things to do?? I would like to support the sponsors from this site but really don't know where to start? Thanks so much The Hound Heater Guy

Not really a B&B but you could check out Bluefin Bay resort near Tofte. About an hour and a half north of Duluth right on the lake. Close to Ludsen and a great place to bring the sleds or snowshoes along. They've got some pretty nice suites as well.

It's not a B&B, but Grand Superior Lodge is the way to go. A couple FM staff members work there and one of their affiliate lodges is a FM sponsor. They have the nicest rooms, the best service, and the finest dining.

You can take your bride snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice fishing, cross country skiing, downhill skiing, or you could just relax at the hot tub or order a movie and room service. There are plenty of trails to just walk on or relax with a hot cup of coffee and a blanket by the fire near the lake if the weather is decent. Head to the bar and order a couple hot totties and strike up a conversation.

There are few nicer places to stay in the state IMO.

Good luck.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll second Grand Superior Lodge.

I also recomend the Grand Superior Lodge. I beleive they have a bunch of nice photos of the area that are from a fishing minnesota member. and they are for sale also. If you dont stay there at least stop and look around.

GSL is a great place. Not sure if you are there soon or in summer or when, but there are lots of things to do within 15 miles of the lodge at all seasons, and the great people there (I know several of them personally) are happy and willing to direct you to whatever activities you like.

Here's one to check out if your willing to travel up the shore from Grand Marais... called "The Naniboujou Lodge"... very unique and nice accomodations...good food...away from the rat race and surrounded by any type of fishing you would like... check it out... [Note from admin: Please see forum rules before posting again. Thank you]

If you can't travel... Grand Superior Lodge is very nice... stayed there once with the wife... hot-tube and fire place room...